• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with the show, started to read the books after season 2 or so and it's really surreal to think that all these books have taken 15 years to make and I read them in such a short time and now the show is almost catching up. I like the show a little more I think and one of the reasons is the music. It's quite subtle in many places but stuff like Rains of Castamere just don't have the same impact in written form. Also the main theme is GOAT.

Watched some bits of season 4 to prepare myself. Can't wait for Tyrion+Varys adventures. You Are No Son of Mine is god tier track and one of my favourite scenes in the Season 4 finale. Love the part with sad version of main theme playing and Varys noping out of King's Landing when he hears the bells (and fun foreshadowing in an earlier episode where he is talking about how he hates the bells). Though I am sad about Tywin, he was one of my favourites.

Sesha

Just got back from the pre-premiere. Kristoffer Hivju was there and made everyone laugh by being a goof. His personality really shines through to the character.

One thing the lack of which a lot of book readers have been bemoaning makes its series debut with this episode. And a certain type of fan will be very pleased by some things. There were also no post-book 5 spoilers for book readers. Overall, a decent start to the season.

SArcher

Banned
If it's from one of the screener copies then eps 2-4 will probably appear shortly as well. Kind of sucks if it happens.

styl3s

If it's from one of the screener copies then eps 2-4 will probably appear shortly as well. Kind of sucks if it happens.
I hope 2-4 don't pop up.

It's easy to avoid spoilers for 1 episode for the next 24 hours but avoiding spoilers from 3 weeks worth of episodes is gonna be rough.

anyone know if Comcast plans to have the first episode free for viewing on their website like last year?
If it's like the last binge week they did then you have until monday to watch it.

If I pay for HBO is it frowned upon to stream early? Same thing happens when a game leaks after I preordered it for 60+ dollars and I have to wait a week while hackers get to play early :(

Vire

Just a reminder that Joffrey kicked the bucket in the second episode of last season. I swear if some shit like that goes down in the first two episodes of this season and I get spoiled, Im gonna snap this iPad in half.

LYVviPT.gif

In times like this you have to ask yourself: what would Bronn do?

What blows my mind is why they bother to send review copies of TV shows at all. Just feels weird to me, It's not like you will lose any audience with GOT for example I'd imagine.

Yea its kind of stupid oh look a reviewer saw the first 3 episodes of GoT season 5 and it is now a 90 on meta with 4 reviews!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Release has a screener ID blurred out on the screen at all times, and has fair amount of pixelation in SD format.

Not worth it. But yeah spoilers are gonna suck total ass. This is why you do what netflix does, its better that way.

styl3s

Maybe this is some big ploy by HBO to increase HBO NOW sales and to embrace the future of binge watching. Tomorrow they release all episodes because half the season is already leaked.

Would give HBO NOW even more headlines, more subscriptions and cable/dish providers won't really be out since it's premium and already paid for.

styl3s

HBO doesn't really care, they have your money already
Technically they don't have any money for HBO NOW and if i was a betting man i would bet that by mid afternoon tomorrow twitter is going to be FILLED with self entitles hbo now and even cable/sat users threatening to cancel if they dont get the episodes.

This could potentially go horribly wrong for HBO but it won't because people will still pay for HBO because they like the live interaction and people who pirate will continue to pirate because it's what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom