• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dany's holier than thou outlook is doing my head in, doesn't fit in with the rest of the show at all.

Series is slow so far, needs more Tyrion/Varys scenes.

God I can't wait until they're finally in scenes with the boring dragon mother. I'm to the point now where I just fast forward through her stuff on rewatches. (I always rewatch the last ep or two right before the newest ep each week -- kind of a pre-watch pregame.) It's just too damn boring especially this season.

Those two will make her stuff like infinitely more interesting. I can't wait to see Tyrion scold her the first time. The look on her face will make all of her previous stuff worth it in that moment.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
God I can't wait until they're finally in scenes with the boring dragon mother. I'm to the point now where I just fast forward through her stuff on rewatches. (I always rewatch the last ep or two right before the newest ep each week -- kind of a pre-watch pregame.) It's just too damn boring especially this season.

Those two will make her stuff like infinitely more interesting. I can't wait to see Tyrion scold her the first time. The look on her face will make all of her previous stuff worth it in that moment.

What makes you think she will even listen to a Lannister and his friend? She might just send her Unsullied after them at first sight.

Evolved1

What makes you think she will even listen to a Lannister and his friend? She might just send her Unsullied after them at first sight.

Tyrion survives King's Landing only to be publicly executed by dragon mom.

Sean C

has she shown disdain towards the lanisters?
Seeing as Tyrion's dad and brother famously murdered young children and the last Targaryen king, and Tyrion's nephew is currently usurping what Dany regards as her rightful throne, I shouldn't think she had a positive view of them.

Curufinwe

I looked at the Wikia through the gaps in my fingers and basically, yes, they were all Targaryen or this splinter house of Targayens from a half-brother. Before them, there was no united throne. King Robert was the first non-dynastic ruler of the seven kingdoms.

The GoT wiki is pretty safe but there might be things you'd rather not see mentioned so I stick to the HBO guide stuff now.

A Wiki of Ice and Fire is the one you want to stay far away from.

Venture

Seeing as Tyrion's dad and brother famously murdered young children and the last Targaryen king, and Tyrion's nephew is currently usurping what Dany regards as her rightful throne, I shouldn't think she had a positive view of them.
Not to mention Varys tried to have her and her unborn child killed. I don't know how much she knows about the plot, but I'm sure she's aware Varys was on the small council at the time and has connections in Essos.

Vashetti

Banned
Not to mention Varys tried to have her and her unborn child killed. I don't know how much she knows about the plot, but I'm sure she's aware Varys was on the small council at the time and has connections in Essos.

Jorah told her that he sent letters to Varys when she discovered his betrayal.

Ser Barristan would surely be aware what Varys did on the small council as the Master of Whisperers, no? As such he would be able to put together

It is one of the things I am interested to see how the show handles. On one hand Daenerys could be really pissed that he has basically responsible for the attempt on her and her unborn child's life, but on the other he has much info on the going ons in Westeros and presumably still has ties to people in Essos and Westeros that could prove useful.

Edwardo

I wanted more GoT after Sunday's episode, but didn't want to jump ahead to leaked episodes. So I went and rewatched all of Season 1 again this week lol.

rezuth

I think the fact Tyrion isn't very liked by his family is going to play in his advantage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think the fact Tyrion isn't very liked by his family is going to play in his advantage.

And how would Dany believe that? I mean, it's not like Tyrion can show her his Facebook status with all the hateful comments people say to him. He has no proof.

rezuth

And how would Dany believe that? I mean, it's not like Tyrion can show her his Facebook status with all the hateful comments people say to him. He has no proof.

Wouldn't Varys vouch for him? I think Varys was pretty close to her father, right?

TeddyBoy

Ya that'd be nice. Especially after what happened to my man Rakharo

drogon.jpg

Daenerys sends her regards.

Limit

Is Dany even aware that someone like Varys thinks so highly of her? Because Varys having any sort of admiration for her came completely out of left field for me.

And another thing that came out unexpectedly for me are the name of all the dragons. They had names before this season in the tv show?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Is Dany even aware that someone like Varys thinks so highly of her? Because Varys having any sort of admiration for her came completely out of left field for me.

And another thing that came out unexpectedly for me are the name of all the dragons. They had names before this season in the tv show?

I hope he either goes "This was a waste of time" or "Listen, you idiot, that's not how you rule a kingdom". Maybe Tyrion is more likely to spit the truth. He has nothing to lose anyway.

Yes they did, at the very least Drogon was named (because of the child stuff).

Sounds to me like Varys has the hard-on for Targeryens rather than Danny herself. Since she's the only left alive that they know of, he admires her. Or it's another plan from Varys where he has an ulterior motive.

Ridli

So I rewatched Season 1 for fun, and I can't really understand how Catelyn though she could get away with arresting Tyrion.

I guess it's meant to show how well Littlefinger (and Lysa, to an extent) have been playing her. But I don't really take Catelyn for someone who would be ignorant of the law or take such an immediate revenge by having him tried and executed in the Vale.

She had to have known how it would have escalated open hostilities with the Lannisters and put Ned (and her daughters) in danger. I feels kind of out of character for her.

Also, watching Season 1 Theon pledging himself to Robb - :(

Sounds to me like Varys has the hard-on for Targeryens rather than Danny herself. Since she's the only left alive that they know of, he admires her. Or it's another plan from Varys where he has an ulterior motive.

How much of a plan can there be though, he wasn't even planning on leaving King's Landing until the bells rang.

So I rewatched Season 1 for fun, and I can't really understand how Catelyn though she could get away with arresting Tyrion.

I guess it's meant to show how well Littlefinger (and Lysa, to an extent) have been playing her. But I don't really take Catelyn for someone who would be ignorant of the law or take such an immediate revenge by having him tried and executed in the Vale.

She had to have known how it would have escalated open hostilities with the Lannisters and put Ned (and her daughters) in danger. I feels kind of out of character for her.

Also, watching Season 1 Theon pledging himself to Robb - :(

Re-watching the first couple of seasons made me realize that I was dumb for ever cheering for the Starks.

Being that Jaime and Tywin are my favorite characters I've always been team Lannister but I really don't understand the love Ned gets, or most of the Stark's for that matter. Not only does his holier than thou attitude get him killed, his wife walks around doing stupid shit more often than not as well. His attitude towards Jaime without asking what happened with Aerys is what really soured me. He was called the Mad King for Christ's sake. Do we really think he didn't have a good reason? Maybe ask.

To me Catelyn kidnapping Tyrion was a more major part of what sparked the war rather than Jaime pushing Bran or Arryn's death. Thought nothing of her family in Kings Landing nor the consequences it would have with the Lannister who has all of the power. All of my friends sympathized with the Stark's and I never got it. Had they actually stopped to ponder some things most of their down fall probably wouldn't have happened the way they did.

Quixzlizx

Being that Jaime and Tywin are my favorite characters I've always been team Lannister but I really don't understand the love Ned gets, or most of the Stark's for that matter. Not only does his holier than thou attitude get him killed, his wife walks around doing stupid shit more often than not as well. His attitude towards Jaime without asking what happened with Aerys is what really soured me. He was called the Mad King for Christ's sake. Do we really think he didn't have a good reason? Maybe ask.

To me Catelyn kidnapping Tyrion was a more major part of what sparked the war rather than Jaime pushing Bran or Arryn's death. Thought nothing of her family in Kings Landing nor the consequences it would have with the Lannister who has all of the power. All of my friends sympathized with the Stark's and I never got it. Had they actually stopped to ponder some things most of their down fall probably wouldn't have happened the way they did.

Agreed that the Starks were mostly screw-ups, but it's not like Ned didn't have a good reason to make a play against the Lannisters. His downfall was only going in half-assed instead of going in hard or staying on the sidelines.

Agreed that the Starks were mostly screw-ups, but it's not like Ned didn't have a good reason to make a play against the Lannisters. His downfall was only going in half-assed instead of going in hard or staying on the sidelines.

He should taken Renly's offer and Cercei's advice then let Stannis do whatever. Instead he got himself killed and nearly his entire family. All for honor and it got his head on a pike.

Quixzlizx

He should taken Renly's offer and Cercei's advice then let Stannis do whatever. Instead he got himself killed and nearly his entire family. All for honor and it got his head on a pike.

You're just repeating what I said. The problem wasn't that he went after the Lannisters, it's that he didn't GO after the Lannisters. He could've made them all disappear if he hadn't been a dumbass, but he was right to oppose them in the first place.

Danaerys is the most incompetent "ruler" ever set foot in game of thrones. Even more ridiculous is her "council". I get it Ser Barristen is a good guy and knows what's right from wrong especially when it comes to stuff like doling out justice, but why didn't he advise against a public execution? You can't do a public execution of such a politically charged crime. Daario and that other dude were right. She should have executed him behind the scenes instead of making it a spectacle.

I was hoping Drogon would roast her on the balcony and we'd have gotten the best game of thrones episode yet.

Evolved1

Danaerys is the most incompetent "ruler" ever set foot in game of thrones. Even more ridiculous is her "council". I get it Ser Barristen is a good guy and knows what's right from wrong especially when it comes to stuff like doling out justice, but why didn't he advise against a public execution? You can't do a public execution of such a politically charged crime. Daario and that other dude were right. She should have executed him behind the scenes instead of making it a spectacle.

I was hoping Drogon would roast her on the balcony and we'd have gotten the best game of thrones episode yet.

He could eat her... but she is immune to fire. So, no roasting.

I don't know any book stuff, but I can't help but feel the exclusion of all the other names was to dumb it down for casual show viewers, and that makes me feel really sad.

Or they've just decided to remove them from the story or that part of the plot which would also suck.

It's fine if we don't get to see her kill everyone, I just hope they don't ignore them for the sake of time constraint or like you said, for the casual viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom