• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game of Thrones spoiler below

6a3b02df89933d997efc029b1245e8fd.png

Please don't kill me if old. Actually, please don't kill me just in general.

You know what we say about posting Spoilers. The law is the law!

*Cease him!!*

Yepp, but he's dead now.
Is he really? Hound and Arya's relationship was the highlight of S4, and all things considered it seems like he begrudgingly earned Arya's respect by the end (yet she still does not save him or kill him when he's lying in his own blood) which made her take him off the list. I was kinda sad that it was over by (but still glad they didn't drag it out).

Is he really? Hound and Arya's relationship was the highlight of S4, and all things considered it seems like he begrudgingly earned Arya's respect by the end (yet she still does not save him or kill him when he's lying in his own blood) which made her take him off the list. I was kinda sad that it was over by (but still glad they didn't drag it out).

I was under the impression that she took him of the list because she believe him to be dead, not out of respect. In fact, from what I gather, she hated him so much that she didn't even grant him a quick death.

Would be shocked if the Hound somehow survived. That man was on the brink of death; begging to be killed and such.

Yeah. And he's a man who has killed so many people and seen so many die. I think a man with that experience has seen death so many times that he'd know when it's coming for him. He knew that he was dying. He had seen men die a slow death, and cried out for Arya not to leave him with one. It would be very anti-climactic and bizarre if he somehow survived.

I was under the impression that she took him of the list because she believe him to be dead, not out of respect. In fact, from what I gather, she hated him so much that she didn't even grant him a quick death.
That's certainly a plausible context. But I'd like to believe that they did not build the characters and their relationship over a season for naught. But this is GoT, who am I kidding. In any case, Arya most likely came off more wise after spending time on the road with the Hound, and when push came to shove he did risk his life fighting people that were after the Stark girls.

Limit

I don't believe for a second that the hound is dead. He will be back eventually. Will he be in fighting shape still? I don't know. Will he be half man half machine? Perhaps. Did he get bit by a radioactive spider while lying there and will be coming back as Westeros's spiderman? Quite possible.

We shall wait and see.

and maybe Benjen Stark ? Is he confirmed dead ?

He's not, and it would be interesting if he came back now that Jon is Lord Commander, but I'm guessing we won't see him until the dead arrive and he'll be among them.

Hound used to be in Arya's list, right?

This really bothered me in last weeks episode since they didn't include all the names. I'm hoping The Hound is still alive and was hoping to get some confirmation from her list, but nope.

I don't believe for a second that the hound is dead. He will be back eventually. Will he be in fighting shape still? I don't know. Will he be half man half machine? Perhaps. Did he get bit by a radioactive spider while lying there and will be coming back as Westeros's spiderman? Quite possible.

We shall wait and see.
Hopefully Syrio Forel, Hound, Blackfish and Ser Pounce will star in their own GoT offshoot Fear the game of thrones.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's certainly a plausible context. But I'd like to believe that they did not build the characters and their relationship over a season for naught. But this is GoT, who am I kidding. In any case, Arya most likely came off more wise after spending time on the road with the Hound, and when push came to shove he did risk his life fighting people that were after the Stark girls.

In the entire show their relationship is the best. It's layered and interesting to think about. The Hound taught Arya the hard lessons she needed to learn. He was the perfect type of person... didn't allow for any bullshit. Didn't care that she killed anyone as long as she did it in a way that wasn't too reckless. Taught her that everything wasn't black and white. Sure he was a murderer, but he saved her sister. He also was skilled enough to protect her and get her beyond the red wedding and on her way to bravos. Her leaving him there to die alone of exposure was cold as fuck. She demonstrated there that he'd successfully taught her what she needed. And lots of things along the way. I wouldn't be surprised if that lesson about armor being the difference in a sword fight wasn't foreshadowing.

Yeah, I agree. I think their relationship is weird. Arya has tons of reasons for hating him and tons of reasons to only dislike him. Iirc, Arya seemed to understand why the hound killed Mycah, and she seemed to understand why the hound did what he did in general, and of course she also learned a lot from him. Yet despite this her hate for him seemed to remain the same as ever before. The hound kept doing a lot of shit during the travels; like stealing from that farmer who offered them food and killing people. At the end of the day, Arya saw the hound for what he was, I guess, and decided that he didn't deserve a quick death.

Anyway, the most unnatural thing about the hound to me was him leaving King's Landing a long time ago. I don't think I was discussing GoT on GAF back then so I missed GAF's thoughts on it. Why did the hound just go "fuck the king" then of all times? After everything that he had done in the past and with such incredible loyalty as seen in season 1, why would he just give it all up and start hating the king?

In the entire show their relationship is the best. It's layered and interesting to think about. The Hound taught Arya the hard lessons she needed to learn. He was the perfect type of person... didn't allow for any bullshit. Didn't care that she killed anyone as long as she did it in a way that wasn't too reckless. Taught her that everything wasn't black and white. Sure he was a murderer, but he saved her sister. He also was skilled enough to protect her and get her beyond the red wedding and on her way to bravos. Her leaving him there to die alone of exposure was cold as fuck. She demonstrated there that he'd successfully taught her what she needed. And lots of things along the way. I wouldn't be surprised if that lesson about armor being the difference in a sword fight wasn't foreshadowing.

Don't agree with their relationship being the best personally, but agree with everything else; very well written. Arya didn't believe the hound actually saved her sister though, iirc.

Evolved1

Don't agree with their relationship being the best personally, but agree with everything else; very well written. Arya didn't believe the hound actually saved her sister though, iirc.

Maybe not then. But she spent time with him. The Hound is a lot of things, but he's not a liar. He even revels in telling hurtful truths. And doesn't lie, even when his life is on the line. "Go ahead and get on with it already..." kill him if you're going to, but he's not going to confess to something he didn't do.

I imagine by the end Arya probably would believe what he said, if even in hindsight.

I don't know any book stuff, but I can't help but feel the exclusion of all the other names was to dumb it down for casual show viewers, and that makes me feel really sad.
They have gotten here without dumbing things down so I can't for the life of me understand why they chose to go this route. Really stupid.

EDIT: If that image really is a spoiler, can you guys stop quoting it so we don't have to see it over and over again? It's really annoying because I can't tell if the people quoting him are serious or trolling non-book reader fans. (looked away as soon as I saw the image, trying to remove it from the mind)

Ridli

Benjen showing back up as anything other than a shambling corpse would be hilarious. Somehow he managed to solid snake his way through the north for 4 seasons and avoid the entire wildling army, the growing white walker army, and Brans expedition. It's unfortunate, but im just gonna assume he's a dangling plot thread never to be acknowledged. Kind of like Rickon.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's epsiode. They've pretty well established the current threads for this season, now to give them some long form attention.

Evolved1

EDIT: If that image really is a spoiler, can you guys stop quoting it so we don't have to see it over and over again? It's really annoying because I can't tell if the people quoting him are serious or trolling non-book reader fans. (looked away as soon as I saw the image, trying to remove it from the mind)

lol.

That's a customization you put on a car... commonly referred to as a "spoiler". It says Game of Thrones. So it's a "GoT spoiler",

Get it?

lol

Why did the hound just go "fuck the king" then of all times? After everything that he had done in the past and with such incredible loyalty as seen in season 1, why would he just give it all up and start hating the king?
My guess is the Hound's fear of fire combined with fighting for a little shit of a king made him say fuck it. This happened when Stannis assaulted King's Landing, and Tyrion repelled it back with wildfire.

lol.

That's a customization you put on a car... commonly referred to as a "spoiler". It says Game of Thrones. So it's a "GoT spoiler",

Get it?

lol
Like i said I didn't look. I was burned so many times last season, I get scared really easily. I was spoiled of Joffrey's death and them the episode it happens as I got on facebook and read "JOFFREY" as a status, and I knew. Some twat wrote Tyrion kills Tywin on a youtube GoT song discussion and my co-worker alluded to Oberyn losing since he talked about his daughters (not in detail, but watch out for the daughters). I had this idea that there would be two fights Oberyn vs Mountain so Tywin would keep his word and Bronn/Jaime vs Knight or each other for Tyrion's life. Thankfully, my co-worker confirmed there was only one fight, which was made it easier to guess since Oberyn is seen fighting in the trailers. I still didn't realize that he'd lose though lol.

Anyways, I get real salty when it comes to spoilers.

Like i said I didn't look. I was burned so many times last season, I get scared really easily. I was spoiled of Joffrey's death and them the episode it happens as I got on facebook and read "JOFFREY" as a status, and I knew. Some twat wrote Tyrion kills Tywin on a youtube GoT song discussion and my co-worker alluded to Oberyn losing since he talked about his daughters (not in detail, but watch out for the daughters). I had this idea that there would be two fights Oberyn vs Mountain so Tywin would keep his word and Bronn/Jaime vs Knight or each other for Tyrion's life. Thankfully, my co-worker confirmed there was only one fight, which was made it easier to guess since Oberyn is seen fighting in the trailers. I still didn't realize that he'd lose though lol.

The text behind the picture says

"Please don't kill me if old. Actually, please don't kill me just in general"

It's completely safe my friend.

On Demand

Banned

Some advice; don't ever read the comments from any GoT related videos on youtube.

Ridli

Some advice; don't ever read the comments from any GoT related videos on youtube.

Everywhere is a danger during the season. I've turned off all twitch chat as well. Nowhere is safe.

In the meantime, beer is cold and pizza is hot... come to me my episode!

I really like the remixed "Breaker of Chains" song they used in the last episode. Hope to hear it again this season.

Everywhere is a danger during the season. I've turned off all twitch chat as well. Nowhere is safe.

In the meantime, beer is cold and pizza is hot... come to me my episode!

Smart decision. I had Tywin's death spoiled there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom