• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time Syrio meets Arya, he calls her boy. The first time Jaqen meets Arya, he calls her boy.

He's alive and they're one and the same, only explanation as to why they would both call her boy.

Definitely dead.

Everyone called her a boy when she was on the run, lol, because she was dressed as boy. Everyone except for the blacksmith, who figured it out early.

The easiest explanation for similarities between Jaqen and Syrio every time is that they're both from Braavos.

Syrio's proclamation of "what do we say to death?" is meant to be ironic since he will not last through the fight, since the Lannister force is too powerful. We don't see his death because we're watching from Arya's point of view and she'd have died if she stayed close enough to see him meet his end.

Venture

Maybe he just didn't want to kill them for some reason. Either for moral/ethical reasons or he thought killing them would only cause trouble for him or the Starks down the road. They were practically the king's men by this point I think.

Or it could be he just thought them not worthy, which is dumb but kinda badass.

Can someone explain why he didn't take their swords when fighting them when he KO'd them? If he died there, then he's a pretty stupid fighter.

Yeah I always wondered that as well. It still annoys me when I watch it today that he just fights the with his wooden sword. But as Venture said, they were the kings guard and it makes sense, they didn't go there to kill him, they were there to get Arya and he was just holding them off so she could escape.

Saw this on 9GAG

axZnnYp_700b.jpg

Nameless

I just noticed that the gem in her neck starts to shine at the end of the scene. I have to rewatch sometime the previous seasons.

It pulses when she when she births the shadow demon too. With the increased focus on religion this season hopefully we get more on Melisandre's past and true motives. Summons, blood curses, precognition, poison resistance, cold resistance -- the Boltons should be very afraid.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It pulses when she when she births the shadow demon too. With the increased focus on religion this season hopefully we get more on Melisandre's past and true motives. Summons, blood curses, precognition, poison resistance, cold resistance -- the Boltons should be very afraid.

She kind of outs herself in the bathtub scene as a snake oil salesman... had she not given birth to a demon that assassinated someone, I would think her all smoke and no fire.

I still have this weird feeling she's a trickster. But apparently there's actual power there somehow. Certainly an interesting character.

That Stannis shadow baby was the single most wtf moment in all of GoT. It just pops out of that lady, goes and kills Renly and then disappears? Not only because it's completely unexpected, but also because no one ever talks about it. Stannis doesn't show any regret about Renly either, nor does he ever ask the Melisandre what the fuck happened.

Also, there needs to be more tension between Ser Davos and Melisandre. I loved it in the past season. Davos is the only noble person in Stannis' circle.

That Stannis shadow baby was the single most wtf moment in all of GoT. It just pops out of that lady, goes and kills Renly and then disappears? Not only because it's completely unexpected, but also because no one ever talks about it. Stannis doesn't show any regret about Renly either, nor does he ever ask the Melisandre what the fuck happened.

Also, there needs to be more tension between Ser Davos and Melisandre. I loved it in the past season. Davos is the only noble person in Stannis' circle.

Why would Stannis have regret for Renly? Stannis isn't emotional to begin with, and he never liked Renly.

Don't forget sweet dragon goblets.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Melisandre is so fine.

Nameless

She kind of outs herself in the bathtub scene as a snake oil salesman... had she not given birth to a demon that assassinated someone, I would think her all smoke and no fire.

I still have this weird feeling she's a trickster. But apparently there's actual power there somehow. Certainly an interesting character.

She admits to using lies and illusions to guide people to the Lord's truth. Whether it really is the Red God, a mix of old spells & curses, or some other force I can't be sure, but it's undeniable that there's a higher power at play. Given what we've seen and heard from other characters I'm inclined to believe the Lord of Light is indeed a real deity who aids its followers.

Assuming Melisandre's blood curse with Gendry and leeches did what she claimed, in the War of The Five Kings she brought down three of them -- four if you count the end of the Greyjoy lineage when Theon lost his favorite toy.

Yeah it was fucked up. He did show some remorse over Renly's death, though. It's actually in the third clip a few posts. But when Davos questions him later about his reliance on blood magic Stannis gives zero fucks and defends it full stop. I say use what you got, everyone else does.

Melisandre is so fine.

Melisandre is the hottest girl in the series right now. If she covers herself up in any future sexy scene like Danneyris or Margery I swear I'll stop watching the show!!

..for a week, until the next episode comes out. But nevertheless I'll be disappointed .

Venture

Thinking back to that scene, Melisandre made a point of taking Stannis' daughter along with them to the north. I don't recall exactly what was said, but it seemed sinister to me at the time. It would be interesting to see Stannis have to chose between his daughter and the Red Woman.

Assuming Melisandre's blood curse with Gendry and leeches did what she claimed, in the War of The Five Kings she brought down three of them -- four if you count the end of the Greyjoy lineage when Theon lost his favorite toy.
I give her full credit for Renly of course, but not the rest. The other deaths all had clear reasons.

Rur0ni

Thinking back to that scene, Melisandre made a point of taking Stannis' daughter along with them to the north. I don't recall exactly what was said, but it seemed sinister to me at the time. It would be interesting to see Stannis have to chose between his daughter and the Red Woman.
Yeah I seem to recall it hinting that some sacrifice was necessary. Can this day be any slower?

So is Melisandre pregnant with Stannis' son ? I don't recall if that happened or not. I know Stannis' wife said that they were trying, some two seasons ago.

Busaiku

I've mostly been watching this live this season, but I probably won't be able to tonight.
Has HBO Go been putting up the episodes immediately, or do they delay it?

I've mostly been watching this live this season, but I probably won't be able to tonight.
Has HBO Go been putting up the episodes immediately, or do they delay it?
I would assume? I don't have GO. But I have HBO NOW and the episodes usually go up a few minutes before it airs on actual HBO.

Griss

We're halfway through a season I'm kind of expecting to end with Stannis' death. So I feel like tonight would be a good time to make people start bending the knee, or at least getting the audience more on board with this season's main character and 'good guy'.

Let's hope he leaves Castle Black today.

If you get HBO Go with PS4, does that mean you get to see the episodes after they air like Netflix? Always there?

Melisandre is the hottest girl in the series right now. If she covers herself up in any future sexy scene like Danneyris or Margery I swear I'll stop watching the show!!

..for a week, until the next episode comes out. But nevertheless I'll be disappointed .
Nahh, she's not a fake like the other two. Doesn't all of the sudden become fearful of showing her tits once she gets famous. She is also sexier than both of them for me, even though she's 10 years older than one and 5 years older than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom