• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Released

I don't remember Reek-Sansa backstory or why there is so much anguish on Reek's face. All I know is that Robb sent Reek (at his request) to that iron castle place to bring back a military force/banner. But Reek gets bullied into staying there by his family. Is he distraught because he saw the sister of the would-be king he betrayed?

Theon/Reek grew up with the Stark kids so they are like siblings to him. I assume he's worried about her marrying Ramsay.

He doesn't deserve to worry. Ramsay treated Reek the way he did because of how shit awful Reek was to the Starks. Ramsay will treat Sansa right.

Did you forget that time when he fed some poor girl to his dogs because some chick was jelly?

Did you see the stink eyes Sansa was getting from Ramsay's groupies?

Now, I don't think that Ramsay is going to jeopardize the north to torture Sansa and feed her to some dogs, but I highly doubt she's going to be treated "right".

Kozak

Banned
Pretty sure Ramsay will treat Sansa like a princess, even if in a creepy, sick way.

Sansa ain't no bitch anymore either. She knows how important she is to the "plan". I expect she'll leverage herself during the relationship.

They were buddies at least, right? It doesn't help Jon if he personally kills his rival's friend.

Yeah, he was buddies with Alliser but I don't think it'l matter. For one, he moved out of the way when Jon ordered to have him executed, obviously defending him would have gotten himself executed as well, but let's just say for the sake of it that he respects the code of the Nights Watch.

Second, they've been known to hate each other going as far back as Jon joined the Nights Watch, but it definitely seems like they respect each other as men of the Night's Watch. During the siege from the Wildling's you can sense the mutual respect.

Finally, last week when Jon made Alliser head of the Rangers shows that again, they might not like each other but they know that they are there for the greater good. Jon could have easily made Alliser a Janitor, but didn't.

I don't really see them as Rivals. More like a couple of guys who don't get along but do what they swore to do.

That is not why Ramsey tortured Theon.

Close enough. How much and in what way is superfluous.

Did you forget that time when he fed some poor girl to his dogs because some chick was jelly?

Did you see the stink eyes Sansa was getting from Ramsay's groupies?

Now, I don't think that Ramsay is going to jeopardize the north to torture Sansa and feed her to some dogs, but I highly doubt she's going to be treated "right".

All this shows is we disagree on what the right treatment for Sansa is.

munchie64

Ramsey is way worse than Theon ever was. I think at this point Theon deserves death to end his suffering, and I can easily see it happening this season, probably after some redemptive act.
I'm happy to see his story get picked up again. It was easily the best part of season 2.

Poor guy. Been in the Night's Watch almost his whole life, makes the trip all the way to Castle Black and loses in a landslide.

Lots of guys have been in Night's Watch their whole lives. Snow got a lot of votes because he decided to venture north of the wall all alone to talk to king beyond the wall, in what most likely would have been a suicide mission. He also took the charge of castle black during the siege after Alliser was wounded. Sam also mentions that the youngest lord commander of the night watch was a 10 year old boy.

Close enough. How much and in what way is superfluous.

All this shows is we disagree on what the right treatment for Sansa is.

Ramsey tortured Theon basically for fun. Considering his father backstabbed Robb, I don't think his bastard son gave two shits about what Theon did.

And what do you think is the "right" treatment for Sanas is?

Venture

Lots of guys have been in Night's Watch their whole lives. Snow got a lot of votes because he decided to venture north of the wall all alone to talk to king beyond the wall, in what most likely would have been a suicide mission. He also took the charge of castle black during the siege after Alliser was wounded.
Yeah, I was just joking. :)

Sam also mentions that the youngest lord commander of the night watch was a 10 year old boy.
That's a story I'd like to hear.

Yeah, I was just joking. :)

That's a story I'd like to hear.

That's a story I'd like to hear as well. It's one thing to earn Lord of Winterfell because of birthright, but to be made Lord Commander of the Night's Watch at that age, kid must have been one hell of a matured bad ass, a fookin legend.

Ramsey tortured Theon basically for fun. Considering his father backstabbed Robb, I don't think his bastard son gave two shits about what Theon did.

And what do you think is the "right" treatment for Sanas is?

Yes, but he would have had a different target for his fun if Theon hadn't betrayed the Starks. He only did that as an extension of the mission Roose sent him on.

Sansa should be treated like a lady as long as she's subservient to Ramsay. The only thing she holds is her family's name; not any cunning, nor bravery, nor mirth, so she is owed very little aside from safety for the time being. The Boltons hold the north now and it's in Sansa's best interest to respect that. She was taught to be a subservient lady by her septas and family, so that's still her place for now.

Sansa should be treated like a lady as long as she's subservient to Ramsay.

I know you like Ramsay, but I think you like him too much because you're forgetting that he's crazy. Absolutely crazy, abusive, cruel, heartless, ruthless, evil, scum.

It does not matter how she acts, or how she treats him, if he wants to harm her just for fun, he'll do it.

I know you like Ramsay, but I think you like him too much because you're forgetting that he's crazy. Absolutely crazy, abusive, cruel, heartless, ruthless, evil, scum.

It does not matter how she acts, or how she treats him, if he wants to harm her just for fun, he'll do it.

There was a time when I cheered for the noble and the brave. Then my soul got battered and beaten. Now I cheer for the exciting, and Ramsay excites me. I recognize how depraved that is but it doesn't change my stance.

There was a time when I cheered for the noble and the brave. Then my soul got battered and beaten. Now I cheer for the exciting, and Ramsay excites me. I recognize how depraved that is but it doesn't change my stance.

That's fine, I like him too, he's an interesting character. But I feel like you're letting it blur the truth and looking for reasons as to why he isn't so bad, when there are none.

How can anyone "cheer" for Ramsay...he's a monster. Theon was a little shit, but he didn't need to get tortured and his dick cut. He flayed a lord's wife and kid infront of his eyes because the lord didn't pay the tax. After the lord paid the tax, he flayed him too. As much as I hate Reek, I hope he takes a solid revenge on Ramsay, or Sansa shanks him in sleep. Pure evil bastard.

How can anyone "cheer" for Ramsay...he's a monster. Theon was a little shit, but he didn't need to get tortured and his dick cut. He flayed a lord's wife and kid infront of his eyes because the lord didn't pay the tax. After the lord paid the tax, he flayed him too. As much as I hate Reek, I hope he takes a solid revenge on Ramsay, or Sansa shanks him in sleep. Pure evil bastard.

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil.

Gollum was influenced by the corrosive magic of the One Ring to murder his friend. Reek was just a dick searching for daddy's approval.

I'd assume so. It would be hard to believe she'd gotten detailed information about the Red Wedding but was oblivious to what went down at Winterfell after all this time.

Unless Sansa wants to live the rest of her days as The Virgin of Winterfell, falling in love with Reek wouldn't be the best idea -- but I could totally see her using him to help take down the Boltons from within.

True. But without Ramsay around to reinforce his training, there's a chance Reek could be rehabilitated to an extent, maybe even find some happiness in life which should never happen

You guys seem to be forgetting that Stannis will be marching on Winterfell very soon. How long does it take to get to the Wall from Winterfell or vice versa. Stannis has an army so the March is slower but not by too much. Id guess a few weeks maybe? Never seemed to take long for anyone like when Jon Snow went up there the first time.

So yeah. Sansa doesn't need to do political games even if she doesn't know that. No doubt she will try to set herself up in the best of positions but whatever happens won't change the fact that Stannis is going to obliterate the Boltons soon enough

I wonder if Littlefinger is already aware of Stannis at the wall? It would be shocking if he wasn't aware of that. The Boltons seem oblivious though unless I missed something.

If Littlefinger does know bringing Sansa to Winterfell could of him setting it up to where she would be in position to hold Winterfell since she is the only Stark around while Stannis moves to kings landing

dLMN8R

Yeah, he was buddies with Alliser but I don't think it'l matter. For one, he moved out of the way when Jon ordered to have him executed, obviously defending him would have gotten himself executed as well, but let's just say for the sake of it that he respects the code of the Nights Watch.

Second, they've been known to hate each other going as far back as Jon joined the Nights Watch, but it definitely seems like they respect each other as men of the Night's Watch. During the siege from the Wildling's you can sense the mutual respect.

Finally, last week when Jon made Alliser head of the Rangers shows that again, they might not like each other but they know that they are there for the greater good. Jon could have easily made Alliser a Janitor, but didn't.

I don't really see them as Rivals. More like a couple of guys who don't get along but do what they swore to do.

Also, Alliser knows that Janos was a chickenshit.

xenist

Where is all this sympathy towards Theon coming from?

He's a cockroach who met a cockroach's fate. And hopefully a cockroach's death.

Nameless

You guys seem to be forgetting that Stannis will be marching on Winterfell very soon. How long does it take to get to the Wall from Winterfell or vice versa. Stannis has an army so the March is slower but not by too much. Id guess a few weeks maybe? Never seemed to take long for anyone like when Jon Snow went up there the first time.

So yeah. Sansa doesn't need to do political games even if she doesn't know that. No doubt she will try to set herself up in the best of positions but whatever happens won't change the fact that Stannis is going to obliterate the Boltons soon enough

Stannis marches on Winterfell in a fortnight. That's roughly the same amount of time between Robb agreeing to the Freys' terms at Riverrun, and the Red Wedding. Not to say Sansa's going to be penning letters of doom like Tywin, or even that her move will be political, but things can happen in 14+ days.

It is pretty hilarious how she's grown, matured, finally found her back home just to end up in the exact same predicament of being engaged to a psycho while also facing an impending siege by the One True King, Stannis Baratheon. Only his time she can't even get shit faced on Dornish Red with Cersei.

munchie64

Stannis is gonna rock up to Winterfell and Sansa and her "North remembers" crew will have already killed everyone.

Then Brienne comes in and kills Stannis.

Vashetti

Banned
That makes sense, knowing this show. But doesn't Sansa legitimize Roose Bolton or something to that effect now?

Presumably Roose sees Sansa marrying Ramsay as giving their hold of the North credibility, and an opportunity to get the Northern lords on side.

However, the Boltons are obviously a horribly family and betrayed the Starks. Stannis couldn't trust them to maintain the North if he became King, it would be in his better interests to take out the Boltons, and keep Sansa there as Wardeness of the North.

borborygmus

Presumably Roose sees Sansa marrying Ramsay as giving their hold of the North credibility, and an opportunity to get the Northern lords on side.

However, the Boltons are obviously a horribly family and betrayed the Starks. Stannis couldn't trust them to maintain the North if he became King, it would be in his better interests to take out the Boltons, and keep Sansa there as Wardeness of the North.

The entire Stannis situation is getting complicated as hell. We know Brienne is on Sansa's tail as well, so you're probably right that there's going to be something significant going down, like Stannis dying.

In any case, it feels like the juicy political fights are happening in the North this season, whereas it was mostly in King's Landing last year.

Loakum

Banned
He doesn't deserve to worry. Ramsay treated Reek the way he did because of how shit awful Reek was to the Starks. Ramsay will treat Sansa right.

gzcKam3.gif

Vastag

I kinda hope that Reek is going to cut the Boltons to pieces in a fit of homicidal rage when he sees how Ramsey treats Sansa.

My guess is that Reek/Theon at some point helps/saves Sansa from either Ramsay or one of his lovers showing Ramsay that some of Theon is still in there.

My guess is that Reek/Theon at some point helps/saves Sansa from either Ramsay or one of his lovers showing Ramsay that some of Theon is still in there.

When Theons sister came to rescue him and he refused, he screamed that he was Reek and didn't listen to anything she said. Why would he suddenly have Theon in him now?

When Theons sister came to rescue him and he refused, he screamed that he was Reek and didn't listen to anything she said. Why would he suddenly have Theon in him now?

He's known Sansa a lot longer than his sister?

He'd also been tricked by Ramsay into thinking that Ramsay was helping him escape before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom