• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vastag

So, if Sansa somehow gets her revenge on the Boltons, that would open the door for Littlefinger to marry her and rule not only the Aerie but also the north. Gotta love that asshole, he plays the long game better than anybody else. I would love to see Stannis and Littlefinger interact with each other in this season, they are complete opposites.

So, if Sansa somehow gets her revenge on the Boltons, that would open the door for Littlefinger to marry her and rule not only the Aerie but also the north. Gotta love that asshole, he plays the long game better than anybody else. I would love to see Stannis and Littlefinger interact with each other in this season, they are complete opposites.

Yeah, and Littlefinger won't be satisfied with just the north. He said before that he's after the throne and that he wants "everything". Iirc, George said that multiple people would sit on the throne before the "final" king or queen is "decided", so I'm actually hoping Littlefinger will sit there for a while, until you-know-who claims it.

Vastag

Yeah, and Littlefinger won't be satisfied with just the north. He said before that he's after the throne and that he wants "everything". Iirc, George said that multiple people would sit on the throne before the "final" king or queen is "decided", so I'm actually hoping Littlefinger will sit there for a while, until you-know-who claims it.

If Danny ends up being the queen I will be mad. I hope that she has an anticlimatic death on the openning salvoes of her invasion of Westeros. She has taken so many stupid decisions without any real consequences, it just doesn't feel right.

aVW4zwK_460s.jpg

Sumbled upon this, could it be true ?

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aVW4zwK_460s.jpg[IMG]

Sumbled upon this, could it be true ?[/QUOTE]

I've also heard stuff about this before. I don't know, would he really go all the way over there and waste his time just to train a little girl? I mean, it's possible. He could have had other things to do there and maybe his god told him that she was special or something. I really doubt they're the same though, like the poster above said it's most likely a common saying there.

Tanerian

Banned
I've always assumed this. It explains why he was in a prisoner cart coming from King's Landing at the same time too.

Not saying the 2 in the picture cannot be the same person, but the new guy isn't the same guy as the one who gave the coin(Jaqen H'ghar) to Arya, he's just using the same face (actor). So while Syrio(left) could perhaps be this new guy Arya is with, or Syrio could perhaps be Jaqen H'ghar; what is clear is that the new guy Arya is with is NOT also Jaqen H'Ghar, simply the same actor.

munchie64

Not saying the 2 in the picture cannot be the same person, but the new guy isn't the same guy as the one who gave the coin(Jaqen H'ghar) to Arya, he's just using the same face (actor). So while Syrio(left) could perhaps be this new guy Arya is with, or Syrio could perhaps be Jaqen H'ghar; what is clear is that the new guy Arya is with is NOT also Jaqen H'Ghar, simply the same actor.
Really? I thought it could be either way with whether or not he was Jaqen. Unless I missed something.

borborygmus

It's crossed my mind but I kind of doubt it. Probably just a common saying. They were both from Braavos after all.

I've also heard stuff about this before. I don't know, would he really go all the way over there and waste his time just to train a little girl? I mean, it's possible. He could have had other things to do there and maybe his god told him that she was special or something. I really doubt they're the same though, like the poster above said it's most likely a common saying there.

Agreed. Syrio Forel's credentials ('First Sword' of Bravos) should be pretty easy to verify for Ned, who hired him in the first place.

aVW4zwK_460s.jpg

Sumbled upon this, could it be true ?

They were both from Braavos. So the speak of the Faceless Men are probably wide known especially by men of combat in that region.

The faceless men worship death, and the dancing man speaks as Death as the only true god in the world. Not a coincidence.

But they are not the same person if that is what is being implied. Unless someone came around and resurrected him back in kings landing, which is unlikely.

I wish his dumbass would of picked up an actual sword though from one of the dudes knocked out. Trying to fight a knight with a wooden sword.

They were both from Braavos. So the speak of the Faceless Men are probably wide known especially by men of combat in that region.

The faceless men worship death, and the dancing man speaks as Death as the only true god in the world. Not a coincidence.

But they are not the same person if that is what is being implied. Unless someone came around and resurrected him back in kings landing, which is unlikely.

I wish his dumbass would of picked up an actual sword though from one of the dudes knocked out. Trying to fight a knight with a wooden sword.

But...Syrio Forel wasn't member of the Faceless Men club. At least I dont think it was ever told as much. Unless Ned specifically hired someone from that club to train Arya. That would make sense, as he would've wanted the best for his daughter.

Interesting observation on Syrio Jaq'en.

Speevy

Banned
Jaqen H'Gar makes several references to the god of death in season 2. He says she took three from the god of death, so the god of death demands three in their place.

Syrio says "Not today." to the god of death, which seems kind of contrary to this all-powerful deity, but what do I know?

Fuck Danny being Queen, most boring end to the series by far. I don't want Snuuuu to be the King either, and I really like him now.

I think Stannis will sit on the throne by the end of the season unless they really play this out for a long time. Stannis to sit, then someone else, then Danny, then the final King/Queen hopefully.

rambis

Banned
If Danny ends up being the queen I will be mad. I hope that she has an anticlimatic death on the openning salvoes of her invasion of Westeros. She has taken so many stupid decisions without any real consequences, it just doesn't feel right.
Why so jealous lol. Its called plot.
I'm pretty sure with winter coming that the throne will be irrelevant by series end. Remember the destroyed throne room vision.

Ushay

I'm sorta bummed that Varys (and Tyrion by proxy) thinks Dany is the queen worthy of their allegience. We all know that onetrueking is Stannis. I would also vote for Stannis over Dany when it comes to ruling. He has much more experience and has governed his country through thick and thin. He'd make an effective king.

If Stannis, Jon Snow, Varys and Tyrion team up, it will be the A-Team of the century. Sucks that Varys and Tyrion have to go to Mereen and baby Danaerys.

The real question is which King will fare the best against the threat from the north. There is no fucking way the wall will hold against an unlimited army of corpses.

Stannis seems like the only one that will take it seriously. So yes I think he's be the best, but does he have the resources to pull it off? Dany does.. he doesn't (yet?)

borborygmus

I really hope those visions/"flash forwards" that Bran had in previous seasons (and I think someone else had them too, maybe Danaerys, but my memory sucks) aren't too relevant to the final outcome of the series. I don't like the idea of the entire series being a commentary on how we all have to get along in real life or else the world will go to shit.

Fuck Danny being Queen, most boring end to the series by far. I don't want Snuuuu to be the King either, and I really like him now.

I think Stannis will sit on the throne by the end of the season unless they really play this out for a long time. Stannis to sit, then someone else, then Danny, then the final King/Queen hopefully.

The reason why I so vaguely wrote "you-know-who" was to see if people would jump the conclusion that I was talking about Danny or Stanny ;b

I have no idea who'll sit on the throne in the end. To me it feels like neither Danny nor Stanny will sit on it, but then again it would be kind of anti-climactic if it's a character that was introduced in just the last few seasons, wouldn't it?

I'm pretty sure with winter coming that the throne will be irrelevant by series end. Remember the destroyed throne room vision.

You think so? They'd have to change the name of the show then ;b

Personally I think the game of thrones is the central theme of the whole series; although it seems like it's a little lesser so now that only like three/four parties are interested in it, and most are far from getting it.

I actually don't remember that vision. Is it something that Bran or the red woman had?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lannisters will stay seated on the throne forever.

Chaos17

Where is all this sympathy towards Theon coming from?

He's a cockroach who met a cockroach's fate. And hopefully a cockroach's death.

Even a cockroach doesn't deserve torture.
Like Bolton said to his son, forging long term alliance ain't through torture and I totally agree with that.

rambis

Banned
The reason why I so vaguely wrote "you-know-who" was to see if people would jump the conclusion that I was talking about Danny or Stanny ;b

I have no idea who'll sit on the throne in the end. To me it feels like neither Danny nor Stanny will sit on it, but then again it would be kind of anti-climactic if it's a character that was introduced in just the last few seasons, wouldn't it?

You think so? They'd have to change the name of the show then ;b

Personally I think the game of thrones is the central theme of the whole series; although it seems like it's a little lesser so now that only like three/four parties are interested in it, and most are far from getting it.

I actually don't remember that vision. Is it something that Bran or the red woman had?
Both Bran and Dany have had this vision of the red keep frozen over ans sort of destroyed.
https://youtu.be/gulVUWrADCM
https://youtu.be/8gh0-4hOzyw

Also, I'm pretty sure you know but although the name stuck with the show, "Game of Thrones" is only the title of one book in the literature for this series.

Idk. In my mind, this supernatural undead plotline that the show keeps flirting with will undoubtedly become the main focus. I can see the ground being laid out for this.

Vastag

Idk. In my mind, this supernatural undead plotline that the show keeps flirting with will undoubtedly become the main focus. I can see the ground being laid out for this.

I hope so, I want to see an epic battle with the ice zombies invading the rest of westeros. We have been told that winter is coming for 5 seasons, if we don't get something it would be pretty dissapointing.

Limit

Even though he doesn't want it right now I would still like Tyrion to take the throne by the end. Let Danny stay where she is right now and have Stannis heroically die in the process of stopping white walkers from completely taking over the north. Tyrion likes the politicking and he is good at it, ruthless but also smart and fair, isn't a religious zealot or is blinded by one, a more than capable general, and lastly even a goddamn war hero in going out on the battlefield when the situation necessitated such an action.

It will never happen but one can dream. He is the perfect ruler for Westeros.

Both Bran and Dany have had this vision of the red keep frozen over ans sort of destroyed.
https://youtu.be/gulVUWrADCM
https://youtu.be/8gh0-4hOzyw

Also, I'm pretty sure you know but although the name stuck with the show, "Game of Thrones" is only the title of one book in the literature for this series.

Ah, that's right, I forgot both of those visions, good catch. I suppose they could be interpreted in many ways.

And yeah, that's interesting; makes me wonder what direction they'll go with for the later seasons. Up until this point it's really been mostly about the throne and people wanting it, with the exception of a few side-stories; with Castle Black being the big one, but the discussions of winter and the white walkers have always been there in the background since the very first episode.

Hmm, this made me start thinking about the timeline of upcoming events. There are definitely a bunch of directions it could go from here.

Loakum

Banned
Which post are you referring to ?

More than likely the whole Arya's old dancing master discussion above. That theory is something that's been widely discussed among book readers. It's one of those theories that has a really good chance of being true. I don't know because I haven't read the books (which is why I'm in this section, and not the other).

More than likely the whole Arya's old dancing master discussion above. That theory is something that's been widely discussed among book readers. It's one of those theories that has a really good chance of being true. I don't know because I haven't read the books (which is why I'm in this section, and not the other).

Lol, of course not, that doesn't even make sense. If they discussed something before, are we not allowed to discuss it now that it's happening for us? If so, we wouldn't be able to discuss anything at all in here.

The mod was most definitely referring to a dude above who posts in the unmarked spoilers thread and is as such a book reader, simple as that.

Vashetti

Banned
Can't be for one reason. Jofrey's king's guard who battled Cireo lived another day to slap Sansa while the little shit king made her look at Ned's head. So he's not Jaken and he's dead. It's double bad.

Syrio, and Jaqen.

But yes folks. SYRIO IS DEAD.

DEAD.

Herne

I love the Syrio-Jaqen idea, but I'm unsure of it. I often thought it suspicious that Syrio was killed offscreen - all we have is Arya running away and then seconds later hearing someone screaming as they are butchered. It is Meryn Trant who Syrio faces, and Meryn does not appear to be injured or in any way unsuccessful in dealing with Forel - and if he'd failed to kill the First Sword of Braavos, as well as failed to stop him escaping, I'm sure we'd see some evidence of it. But there is nothing from Meryn after the deed.

It's possible Syrio played dead and Meryn was satisfied that he was, and as pointed out it makes sense for Jaqen to be travelling north at the same time. However, the screams seemed real enough and plenty of people would be fleeing the capital at the time, whether freed or captured.

So... who knows. It would be awesome if he survived to become Jaqen, though. Both characters are awesomesauce.

Syrio, and Jaqen.

But yes folks. SYRIO IS DEAD.

DEAD.

Sorry, the series show every death into your fucking crying face and they don't show how Syrio died ? Not believing that.

The true death is only onscreen. And the fucking Kingsguard who is supposed to kill him is just a fucking cunt who don't want to admit he lost.

Believe

The first time Syrio meets Arya, he calls her boy. The first time Jaqen meets Arya, he calls her boy.

He's alive and they're one and the same, only explanation as to why they would both call her boy.

Definitely dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom