• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenZR

I don't think HBO sees that as a feasible solution because they'd have to constantly push their other shows around to accommodate for Game of Thrones.

Yeah but in a pay-subscription TV model, is anyone really bothered by a less-rigid yearly lineup? HBO certainly used to have no problems doing this at all when it came to their shows. Season premiere's would just be whenever.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just left the cinema, it has been a nice evening. Tom seemed pretty cool. During the Q&A session, one girl asked him if he had sex at the set. The fuck?
If you were on the set you wouldn't want to feel like a boss by fucking someone while on the Iron Throne?

Predictions on the number of viewers/ratings for the first episode?

S1 open - 2.22 million
S1 close - 3.04 million
S2 open - 3.86 million
S2 close - 4.20 million

The hype behind this season is at absolutely insane levels. It certainly feels like the show has become significantly more popular in the gap between the season 2 finale and now. And with the first trailer easily hitting 20 million, I can see a solid figure of 6 million for the first episode.

That kid from love actually is really distinct looking, I hope I can get away from him being 'that annoying kid in love actually'

Finally watched the last two episodes of season two tonight and Missed something, how did Stanis get back to his boat without being arrested?

Ventrue

Finally watched the last two episodes of season two tonight and Missed something, how did Stanis get back to his boat without being arrested?

You see him getting dragged away by some guys when Tywin shows up. They're his own soldiers, presumably dragging him away from the fighting to safety.

I think the show will definitely be in the 5's this season, but Sunday's episode goes up against the season finale of The Walking Dead and is on Easter Sunday, so Sunday's initial views might not be much more than the season 2 finale.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I see where the showrunners are coming from when it comes to the question of more Blackwater-style episodes. I'd be happy with one a season.

ASOS
Next season, I could see all of Joffrey's wedding being one episode.

(ASOS)
I think the Battle of the Wall will be given the Blackwater treatment in season 4. They could easily fit the Purple Wedding into a regular episode.

Dysun

(ASOS)
I think the Battle of the Wall will be given the Blackwater treatment in season 4. They could easily fit the Purple Wedding into a regular episode.

Agree that the Battle at the Wall is what should get the full episode treatment, the Purple Wedding wont get it like the Red Wedding wont either.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed)

sppfiuC.jpg

Who in the hell decided that the first episode of Season 3 of Game of Thrones should be at the same time as the finale of Season 3 in Walking Dead?

That's like releasing Halo and CoD in the same day. It benefits no one and is only going to decrease viewership on both stations. Dumb move.

Xamdou

Who in the hell decided that the first episode of Season 3 of Game of Thrones should be at the same time as the finale of Season 3 in Walking Dead?

That's like releasing Halo and CoD in the same day. It benefits no one and is only going to decrease viewership on both stations. Dumb move.

I could care less about Walking Dead, so it don't bother me none.

I could care less about Walking Dead, so it don't bother me none.

I don't care about CoD but that doesn't mean it still won't affect sales. If GoT was next week or on Saturday (just for the premier), than it would get the views that Walking Dead is going to get regardless. I like GoT more than TWD but I'm going to to watch TWD because it's the finale. Watching a finale for one show and then the premier for the next is better than the other way around.

Really really bummed someone spoiled him on this season. Would have been amazing to see that reaction. :(

Yeah it does suck. But honestly I'm way more interested in seeing him react to (ASOS)
Jaime jumping into the bear pit. I think he's gonna go insane when he sees that

Trasher

Yeah it does suck. But honestly I'm way more interested in seeing him react to (ASOS)
Jaime jumping into the bear pit. I think he's gonna go insane when he sees that

Did he just have the one part spoiled? I suppose there is still another moment that might get an awesome reaction out of him as well. Well, depending on if they include it this season.

Xamdou

I don't care about CoD but that doesn't mean it still won't affect sales. If GoT was next week or on Saturday (just for the premier), than it would get the views that Walking Dead is going to get regardless. I like GoT more than TWD but I'm going to to watch TWD because it's the finale. Watching a finale for one show and then the premier for the next is better than the other way around.

Well the GoT Season 3 March 31st premier day's been a locked date since last year. They are not going to postpone the premier of GoT Season 3 because of the Walking Dead finale, as it should be. They should postpone the Walking Dead finale to next week and leave this Sunday for GoT S3 premier instead!

Did he just have the one part spoiled? I suppose there is still another moment that might get an awesome reaction out of him as well. Well, depending on if they include it this season.

I dunno what he got spoiled on for sure. I dont know if he ever actually told anyone

Well the GoT Season 3 March 31st premier day's been a locked date since last year. They are not going to postpone the premier of GoT Season 3 because of the Walking Dead finale, as it should be. They should postpone the Walking Dead finale to next week and leave this Sunday for GoT S3 premier instead!

They could have at least changed the time by an hour. Whatevea though, I have the power of DVR. I just wish I could add to the GoT premier views for support. Watching the premier for one show before the finale of another is just too weird though.

HBO does not give a shit about viewership. They'll see an enormous climb in HBO subscriptions once the first episode airs and that's what they're concerned about.

Atsumi

It will be interesting to see if more people start feeling this way after this season.
You should still stay out of this thread until you've finished the epilogue. The emotional rollercoaster goes really high, and really, really low.

I've been avoiding the spoiler tags, but you're probably right. I know sometimes things that should get tagged don't. I'll join you all after the book (or try my best to)

[ASoS]
I just read The Red Wedding. Holy Hell!

Zabka

I've been avoiding the spoiler tags, but you're probably right. I know sometimes things that should get tagged don't. I'll join you all after the book (or try my best to)

[ASoS]
I just read The Red Wedding. Holy Hell!

iTvRa9dMb1oAQ.gif

Been rewatching Season 2 the past few days. Theon's storyline was handled so well I can forgive other issues with it.

Ruze789

My wife and I started rewatching Season 1 and 2 the other night, we should finish Sunday afternoon in time for Season 3.

It's been a while since we actually watched the entirety of Season 1, we usually just come across an episode here and there on HBO while channel surfing. No matter how many times we've seen Eps 9 & 10, they just never get easier to watch! Also noted how much more awesome S1's Mountain is over S2's, he is just a monster.

This is our favorite TV of the entire year, we easily chose to watch Season 3's premiere (twice) instead of Walking Dead's season finale. GoT at 9 & 10, then TWD at 11:05.

Dysun

Thank god for DVRs!

Although the way TWD has gone this year since the very beginning, you might skip it and not miss much..

3N16MA

Banned
Predictions on the number of viewers/ratings for the first episode?

S1 open - 2.22 million
S1 close - 3.04 million
S2 open - 3.86 million
S2 close - 4.20 million

The hype behind this season is at absolutely insane levels. It certainly feels like the show has become significantly more popular in the gap between the season 2 finale and now. And with the first trailer easily hitting 20 million, I can see a solid figure of 6 million for the first episode.

The S2 open was actually larger than True Blood's S2 open (3.70) but did not get the massive bump TB got in it's S2 finale (5.11). I'm hoping it finally hits the 5 million mark.

Subitai

The S2 open was actually larger than True Blood's S2 open (3.70) but did not get the massive bump TB got in it's S2 finale (5.11). I'm hoping it finally hits the 5 million mark.
Didn't know that.

Wonder if the show can ever reach Sopranos level viewership.

Eidan

Didn't know that.

Wonder if the show can ever reach Sopranos level viewership.

I doubt it. If this season gets the reception it should, I see the show getting its highest rating somewhere in Season 4, and slowly declining after that, never reaching Sopranos levels.

Dysun

The popularity is exploding every year, I expect this year will continue that trend. Who knows where it ends up, Dexter is still getting higher ratings than ever in it's 8th year and the quality consistently declines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom