• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
vkns1OH.jpg

CassSept

ASOS
No, the Mysa scene was in Yunkai. The Yunkai slaves call Dany that after they're freed. So we'll have her burning the slavers in Astapor early in the season, and then end the season with the Yunkai slaves being freed and calling her mother.

ASOS
Ah ok, somehow I got these two cities mixed up.

Damn, that makes the Dany situation even more dramatic. I thought we'd at least have Yunkai next season, but with it being season finale we are in for at least 3 damn seasons of Dany being stuck in Meereen if they follow the book. Dreadful

Any recommendations on a recap (written or video I guess)? I've seen the 1st two seasons once, but feel like I forget a lot of the little details.

Rimfya

Banned
I'm enjoying the books but would understand if they diverted right away from them after season 3-4 in search of a conclusion. They can't make 10 or more seasons. The best shows wrap up without being dragged out.

RangersFan

well finally finished ASOS today and ASOS
well fuck, that book is the best of the series so far. every twist and turn had my jaw gaping at times. I truly could never predict where GRRM would take characters paths at all. I already posted my reaction to the red wedding but there were so many more jaw droppers especially toward the end. I sort of predicted Jofferey's demise, especially after Robb and Balon died, I even ventured a guess of who poisoned him and ended up being right. But holy shit at Tyrion killing Tywin and the biggest holy shit was Lysa being behind Jon Arryn's murder that started the whole fucking! Can't wait till tomorrow night, I'll be running through the next 2 books mainly because I want to get into all the discussions. But I really can't wait to see how HBO handles some of the more mystical elements of the book, like Beric and Catelyn, the Black gate, etc.

well finally finished ASOS today and ASOS
well fuck, that book is the best of the series so far. every twist and turn had my jaw gaping at times. I truly could never predict where GRRM would take characters paths at all. I already posted my reaction to the red wedding but there were so many more jaw droppers especially toward the end. I sort of predicted Jofferey's demise, especially after Robb and Balon died, I even ventured a guess of who poisoned him and ended up being right. But holy shit at Tyrion killing Tywin and the biggest holy shit was Lysa being behind Jon Arryn's murder that started the whole fucking! Can't wait till tomorrow night, I'll be running through the next 2 books mainly because I want to get into all the discussions. But I really can't wait to see how HBO handles some of the more mystical elements of the book, like Beric and Catelyn, the Black gate, etc.

Oh,
I'd forgotten most of that stuff happened in ASOS. Here I was thinking it wasn't coming up for a while

giga

Does amazon.com or iTunes release episodes for purchase as they premier? Don't have HBO and I don't want to wait!
Nope. And you can thank HBO for that. Their pockets are being lined by cable/satellite operators.

AMC, in contrast, allows you to buy/stream the latest ep from iTunes/Amazon within 24 hours.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So I went to the exhibit today and it took four hours to get in! From what I heard, the line actually wrapped around the block twice, so it extended from 57th to 58th St. It was a pretty awesome exhibit, tons of props.

Anyhoo, if you're not in the area (or have a life to live), I took a bunch of pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gluetree/sets/72157633129740708/

Nothing spoilery, but they did have some stuff from season 3, like Mance's costume.

Fuzzy

So I went to the exhibit today and it took four hours to get in! From what I heard, the line actually wrapped around the block twice, so it extended from 57th to 58th St. It was a pretty awesome exhibit, tons of props.

Anyhoo, if you're not in the area (or have a life to live), I took a bunch of pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gluetree/sets/72157633129740708/

Nothing spoilery, but they did have some stuff from season 3, like Mance's costume.
I can see right away there's a spoiler in one of your pics. [Season 3/ASoS/ADwD]
Seeing the "Bolton marker" will spoil Theon's torture/story for anyone who didn't read the book.
It shouldn't bother anyone in here since non-book readers really shouldn't be in here so they don't accidentally spoil themselves.

Zabka

Depending on where you live there might be a bar you could watch it at. From what I've heard most places are good about keeping people quiet.

ETA: A house sigil isn't a spoiler

Fuzzy

Depending on where you live there might be a bar you could watch it at. From what I've heard most places are good about keeping people quiet.

ETA: A house sigil isn't a spoiler
When it's in the shape of the exact stance that Theon is being tortured, it really is.

Badgerst3

Hbo knows a gold mine when they have one.

After season 1 on blu ray, I was hooked. Had to have it in real time.

Take my money you cagey bastards.

Wiktor

I went to George's website today and saw it was redesigned. Gone are the tables and animated gifs of spinning shield. I feel like we've lost something valuable here :(

adg1034

GoT's been coming up more and more in random conversations at work, so it's been fun finding ways to obliquely reference certain moments while keeping non-readers unspoiled.

ASoS
"Oh, some people get married..."

Have we come to any sort of consensus on [ASoS]
how long they'll wait before bringing back Cat
? It'd be a terrific way to end a season finale, but the end of S3 is way too soon, and the end of S4 seems far too long. I'd imagine they'd pair that with [ASoS]
Tyrion/Tywin/the joke George had spent 3 books setting up
, but at this point, who's to say?

It's finally here!

New episode tonight: Valar Dohaeris
Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward. Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out. Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Daenerys sails into Slaver’s Bay.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Didn't think it started till next week! Brightened my day right up

gameofthrones-start-tbqjbj.jpg

HBO2 is airing all of season 2 right now. On the second episode currently. Just rewatched the whole thing on blu ray a couple weeks ago but it's a good way to pass the time until the premiere nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom