• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Doreah was already dead by that point in the books, anyway. ASOS
It was Irri who had that scene with her in the books (although she's now been killed off for some reason, too, so I guess it will have to be Missandei.
I heard somewhere that the actress had Visa issues.

Drazgul

tumblr_m4r5guIYX11qhmvs8o1_500.gif

Soldiers die, that's their job. Stannis can make those hard decisions king needs to do, he just needs a public relations manager so everyone wouldn't despise him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Doreah was already dead by that point in the books, anyway. ASOS
It was Irri who had that scene with her in the books (although she's now been killed off for some reason, too, so I guess it will have to be Missandei.

Show Speculation/ASOS
I have an alternate theory that scene won't be in the show because it serves no purpose at all in the show.

I heard somewhere that the actress had Visa issues.

I recall that, but I'm pretty sure the actress later denied that and said there weren't any issues there. I'm not 100% sure on that, though.

Show Speculation/ASOS
I have an alternate theory that scene won't be in the show because it serves no purpose at all in the show.

Oh, sure, but
as much titillation as they've put into the show, I have a hard time imagining them passing on such a scene.

Oh, sure, but
as much titillation as they've put into the show, I have a hard time imagining them passing on such a scene.

ASOS
Except that the show hasn't touched her loneliness at all at this point, which is really what that scenes all about, so unless they start visiting that, it will be very random. Don't worry though, Daario is coming! (what a piece of shit)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ASOS -
They better nail the music in the scene. Glad to see the band up there.
They should play The Bear and the Maiden Fair cover they played during the credits after Jaime lost his hand as a huge troll.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I recall that, but I'm pretty sure the actress later denied that and said there weren't any issues there. I'm not 100% sure on that, though.

Oh, sure, but

There's nothing to be gained by it and they'd have to get Emilia Clarke to agree to it knowing full well there's no purpose other than straight-up fanservice.

There's nothing to be gained by it and they'd have to get Emilia Clarke to agree to it knowing full well there's no purpose other than straight-up fanservice.

It's really hard to portray a scene like that without knowing exactly what the character is thinking without it coming off as juvenile. series
Cersei fucks around with her maids as well and it makes perfect sense when you are in their stream of consciousness.
On TV there are other ways to express that a character is lonely that work better.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's really hard to portray a scene like that without knowing exactly what the character is thinking without it coming off as juvenile. series
Cersei fucks around with her maids as well and it makes perfect sense when you are in their stream of consciousness.
On TV there are other ways to express that a character is lonely that work better.
Agreed. I hope HBO will resist the temptation to show such obvious fanservice but then, it's HBO... who knows.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
Anyone else going to have a plate of salt and bread for that episode? Also... Non-Bookreader post of the month. Non-Bookreader post of the month.

Is there any way to post a link without the link text showing up behind spoilers? I tried just posting the link with no [ url ] code but it auto-adds it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ok caught up with all the books and the story just doesn't make sense, it's all over the place..

Series
I'm almost at the halfway mark with ADWD and it is a bit silly. I do not care about the Ironborn, and who the fuck is this Griff character suddenly claiming to be Aegon...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You guys that just finished reading all the books should head over to the unmarked book spoilers thread. :D

I'm waiting till I'm done, even though I've had the majority of the rest of the book spoiled for me. Soon I'll be able to join you cool people in the cool thread for cool people.

pulga

Banned
Where have you been?

Anyone expecting a
lesbian scene will happen between Missandei and Dany
?

ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!! :(

I recently made a Top 11 hot GoT chicks for the Football Thread, had Missandei at #4. That gif has shot her up to #1 :lol

Series
I'm almost at the halfway mark with ADWD and it is a bit silly. I do not care about the Ironborn, and who the fuck is this Griff character suddenly claiming to be Aegon...

I actually just finished ADWD and

Victarion is awesomely badass and manly in just about everything, so I really like reading about him, but didn't like that of Aegon.

And my god was the part of Meereen awful

Angry Grimace

ASOS
Anyone else going to have a plate of salt and bread for that episode? Also... Non-Bookreader post of the month. Non-Bookreader post of the month.

Is there any way to post a link without the link text showing up behind spoilers? I tried just posting the link with no [ url ] code but it auto-adds it.

Edit it and remove the code?

E: Doesn't work?

Not sure. It used to work for me and now it doesn't.

Anyone else (Spoilers for episode nine/ASOS)
expecting the internet to straight up implode? I know Ned's death caused a huge amount of crazy to happen online, but this is the Red Fucking Wedding. I half expect Gaf to be down from the traffic and shit.

I don't think so. ASOS
I think the show creators have largely failed to create the kind of emotional attachment to not just Robb but the entire Northern leadership. The RW isn't a gutpunch just because Robb dies. It's because SmallJon, Dacey Mormont, GreatJon (who gets captured), and basically the entire Northern leadership (The Manderlys, the Glovers, the Tallharts, the Ryswells etc) all get slaughtered. In the show we haven't even met a single Northern Lord other than Karstark and Bolton. The RW in the show will probably end up being received about the same as the death of Renly. Yes, a guy we liked died, ho hmm, let's move on.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't think so. ASOS
I think the show creators have largely failed to create the kind of emotional attachment to not just Robb but the entire Northern leadership. The RW isn't a gutpunch just because Robb dies. It's because SmallJon, Dacey Mormont, GreatJon (who gets captured), and basically the entire Northern leadership (The Manderlys, the Glovers, the Tallharts, the Ryswells etc) all get slaughtered. In the show we haven't even met a single Northern Lord other than Karstark and Bolton. The RW in the show will probably end up being received about the same as the death of Renly. Yes, a guy we liked died, ho hmm, let's move on.

ASOS
Huh? Robb was a secondary character in the books. Rarely seen in person once the war started, and usually had his exploits told secondhand. I don't see how you can think the show has failed to create an emotional attachment to the character when they've done everything they can to make him a more prominent character than in the books.

I don't think so. ASOS

Was about to post this

Would they even (show watchers) notice how significant the repercussions since the lack of as mentioned above^

ASOS
Huh? Robb was a secondary character in the books. Rarely seen in person once the war started, and usually had his exploits told secondhand. I don't see how you can think the show has failed to create an emotional attachment to the character when they've done everything they can to make him a more prominent character than in the books.

ASOS
Because, as I have already stated, the RW wasn't just about the killing of Robb, it was about the completely destruction of the North and all the Stark loyalists. The show has not given us the contingent of Stark loyalists for us to mourn their loss. So for the show viewer, the RW will be about the same as the Renly assassination.

Fey

Banned
I don't think so. ASOS

... really?

ASOS
The only reason I think it might have less of an impact than Ned's death is because I feel there are a lot more book readers now.

But there is no way Robb's death will be viewed similarly as Renly's. Robb is a favourite for many people, and people feel revenge for what happened to Ned lays in his hands. he represents the Starks for many people, and many people are rooting for the Starks. Plus Robb and Cat are two main characters who have been in this show since episode 1, and when they die, people aren't going to be like, "Oh ok."

I doubt the fact that more Northerners haven't been established will be the difference between "HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT WTF" and "eh ..."

ASOS
Because, as I have already stated, the RW wasn't just about the killing of Robb, it was about the completely destruction of the North and all the Stark loyalists. The show has not given us the contingent of Stark loyalists for us to mourn their loss. So for the show viewer, the RW will be about the same as the Renly assassination.

ASOS
There's Cat as well, and hell, they might kill the Blackfish. (Nooo) I wish they had done more with the other lords as well, but I am sure it's still going to be a huge gutpunch to the tv show watchers. I mean, everyone loves the Starks. And yeah, it's going to be the end of them no matter what.

Anyone else (Spoilers for episode nine/ASOS)
expecting the internet to straight up implode? I know Ned's death caused a huge amount of crazy to happen online, but this is the Red Fucking Wedding. I half expect Gaf to be down from the traffic and shit.

Is that next episode?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
There's Cat as well, and hell, they might kill the Blackfish. (Nooo) I wish they had done more with the other lords as well, but I am sure it's still going to be a huge gutpunch to the tv show watchers. I mean, everyone loves the Starks. And yeah, it's going to be the end of them no matter what.

series
No way Blackfish is going to the Twins. He'll be left to watch Riverun, same as in the books.

Iksenpets

Banned
I don't think so. ASOS

Series
I don't necessarily agree with this, I think it'll still have plenty of impact, but I really thought they would at least bring Greatjon back and give him Smalljon's death to show that there were still loyal lords and they get killed, too. But I guess that's not happening. Honestly, they could have probably cut Blackfish and just brought Greatjon to play the loyal tough guy role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom