• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Man, I pictured the Unsullied hats to look like this:

C6nxAri.jpg

Was a lot more funny in my head.

i believe he was
hand of the king. davos gets thrown in the dungeon first and then stannis wants him. i don't understand how they will now make davos hand if stannis is the one mad with him

but i am more concerned with the harrenhal scene. i haven't read adwd yet, so does that scene stem from there? or is it completely changed?

Wasn't he ASOS
Thrown in the dungeon with the other guy who was hand before Davos (because Stannis thought Davos was dead, so appointed another) and then pretends to follow Mel's religion to get released?
Seems like that's the direction they're going.

edit: Shit, was that ACoK in my spoiler tag?

And yep, share your concern with Harrenhal.

Lkr

Wasn't he ASOS
Thrown in the dungeon with the other guy who was hand before Davos (because Stannis thought Davos was dead, so appointed another) and then pretends to follow Mel's religion to get released?
Seems like that's the direction they're going.

edit: Shit, was that ACoK in my spoiler tag?

And yep, share your concern with Harrenhal.

for the most part, but i remember it as asos
mel confronts him about his threat, and he doesn't deny anything, which makes her trust him.

and they are already dropping the
barristan
bombshell? how will they keep him from asos
revealing the truth about mormont for 2 seasons?

aceface

Sooooooooooooo good.

Holy shit! That scene where Tywin dressed down Tyrion!! Holy shit!!! I was almost in tears!

Fey

Banned
haven't watched it yet, but i'm not surprised if they reveal the ASOS
barristan stuff this early.
that's easy to conceal in written form, but kinda tough on tv.

oh yeah, since it's done ... thoughts? :O better than season 2 premiere or no?

Saterium

Spoilers all.
Welp that kind of puts a stone in a plot point in book 5.... He was supposed to lie low until the fifth and the she was supposed to banish Jorah

Hmm dunno if I like that

Spoiler book 3
same way they did it in the books, when she finds out Jorah sold her out to Robert

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS thoughts on Danny

They're cruising right through the Danny story. I was honestly expecting the unsullied to be in the last episodes, with her giving the order to be her end to S3.

Reveal still gave me chills. So glad that dude is back on the show, he's fucking awesome.

ASOS:
I wonder how this will affect Mormont's confession later as the scene had a bigger impact by both Selmey and him confessing their lies

Lkr

Spoilers all.
Welp that kind of puts a stone in a plot point in book 5.... He was supposed to lie low until the fifth and the she was supposed to banish Jorah

Hmm dunno if I like that

that happens in asos though. i'm not sure how many people that haven't read the books would have noticed barristan being back. to be honest i really forgot what the actor looked like because he hadn't been on in so long, i'm sure those that haven't read the books wouldn't have realized

LordCanti

They could have kept the information from Khaleesi and Jorah I guess, but they couldn't have kept it as a reveal to the viewer/reader I suppose.

It was a good episode. Ros as an...adviser...I guess... was unfortunate, but whatever. The parts with Jon Snow were great, as was the interaction between Tyrion and his father. I don't have any complaints.

Off to a really good start I felt. The only slight disappointment was no battle at the fist and the Night's Watch guys didn't seem too bad off considering how last season ended. But any battle probably would have cost too much and no reason to burn the budget so soon. Aside from that, good stuff.

edit: also, I think Ghost has now had more scenes with Sam than Jon.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Spoilers all.

Hmm dunno if I like that

Huh? ASOS
Selmey's reveal was at the end of book 3

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
She has Orlandu and dragons. Game over.

All of the black bars. Now I remember why I don't post in this thread.

Magnus

This is the end that people thought fell flat? Really?

It absolutely did IMO. Good luck to the average viewer (non-reader) remembering who Selmy even was.

The dialogue was a little flat and boring throughout the ep; some great scenes though.

Astapor was fantastic.

Watching again now.

Saterium

See that's my issue.

ASOS
that's right, I forgot Barristan confessing is what causes her to make both of them break into the city. I forget if Barristan tries to poison her in the books in order to get her attention or if its someone else? Maybe they'll just say he paid the little snake girl to get on her side and use that?

Lkr

It absolutely did IMO. Good luck to the average viewer (non-reader) remembering who Selmy even was.

another reason why it would have been easy to drag it out if he just somewhat disguised himself for the season. it doesn't matter though, i have confidence the show will turn out just fine. this is the first time i can watch and bitch about the books being better

Kuroyume

Banned
I felt it was underwhelming.

Parts I enjoyed:

+ Ghost
+ Tyrion vs Tywinn
+ Nipple slicing

- Everything else

The Harrenhal stuff played out differently in the books right? Almost can't blame them for the changes because the story has to be compacted but the Harrenhal stuff had some of my favorite moments from the book.

LordCanti

Off to a really good start I felt. The only slight disappointment was no battle at the fist and the Night's Watch guys didn't seem too bad off considering how last season ended. But any battle probably would have cost too much and no reason to burn the budget so soon. Aside from that, good stuff.

edit: also, I think Ghost has now had more scenes with Sam than Jon.

Showing the battle definitely would have better communicated the (Book 4/5 spoilers, I think)
complete disaster facing the Wildlings, and why they have to march south
but you're right about the budget being better spent elsewhere.

ZeroRay

Good episode. Loved the Margery scenes and Tyrion/Tywin.

Also liked the focus on a few specific characters rather than try to run the gamut of every storyline left from season 2. They better ramp it up on Robb and Cat's though, obviously.

Lkr

ASOS
that's right, I forgot Barristan confessing is what causes her to make both of them break into the city. I forget if Barristan tries to poison her in the books in order to get her attention or if its someone else? Maybe they'll just say he paid the little snake girl to get on her side and use that?

are you sure that is ASOS then? I am so confused now. she makes them ASOS
go in a gutter

Lkr

I felt it was underwhelming.

Parts I enjoyed:

+ Ghost
+ Tyrion vs Tywinn
+ Nipple slicing

- Everything else

The Harrenhal stuff played out differently in the books right? Almost can't blame them for the changes because the story has to be compacted but the Harrenhal stuff had some of my favorite moments from the book.

i don't think harrenhal is even in the book until ASOS
jaime and brienne get there

I don't have HBO, so I haven't watched this episode yet. My only question is, was Theon in this episode? If so, to what extent?

Really digging it.

The cuts are less abrupt and the scenes have more time to develop.

Good stuff.

I was also surprised at myself that I didn't even notice there was no Brienne/Jaime tonight. THAT storyline is what I'm looking forward to this season more than any other.

I don't have HBO, so I haven't watched this episode yet. My only question is, was Theon in this episode? If so, to what extent?

He was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom