• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael

(ASoS spoilers)
With the pace they are taking with Dany's story line I feel like they are going to need to give her more to do season 4. Maybe Quaithe will appear in Mereen and give her the prophecy she originally received at the House of the Undying in the books? I really hope they find another way to work that into the series somehow.

Davey Cakes

Just watched the episode.

I agree about the CG. Very well done. This show makes it hard to watch other fantasy shows that don't have the same budget.

It was only last year that I watched both the first two seasons back to back, and yet I still needed to get caught up with the events in my mind as this episode played on. I think it did pretty well in this regard though, as with every character appearance and dialogue I suddenly remembered most of the events that happened before.

Tyrian and Tywin scene was great, as already mentioned many times. I just really enjoy any scene with Tyrian.

I'm a non-book reader, BTW. Since I don't read books in general, it'll probably stay that way. And, going by reader response to Season 2, I'm probably better off anyway.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
In the S3 promos, they had some torture scenes with a guy on some X looking device. The same as what's on Robb's buddy's clothing here:

rkuDe7j.jpg

Any significance? Spoil me up.

Also re: pretty scenes -

Aiii

So not worth it
In the S3 promos, they had some torture scenes with a guy on some X looking device. The same as what's on Robb's buddy's clothing here:

It's the flayed man, it's the house sigil for House Bolton. The man you're posting is Lord Roose Bolton.

ASOS/ADWD:
That will most likely be a captured and tortured Theon at the Dreadfort.

Subitai

Just watched the episode.

I agree about the CG. Very well done. This show makes it hard to watch other fantasy shows that don't have the same budget.

It was only last year that I watched both the first two seasons back to back, and yet I still needed to get caught up with the events in my mind as this episode played on. I think it did pretty well in this regard though, as with every character appearance and dialogue I suddenly remembered most of the events that happened before.

I'm a non-book reader, BTW. Since I don't read books in general, it'll probably stay that way. And, going by reader response to Season 2, I'm probably better off anyway.
WHAAAT?!?!

For the good of your own entertainment maximizing please go and stay in the other thread. People mess up with the spoiler tags in here all the time, so unfortunately, this place is not 100% safe. Better than say, youtube, but still nowhere near the other thread.

Was anyone else taken out of the experience a little when they were on the boat? Everything else CG wise was excellent, but that was the most apparent green screen ever when Daenerys and Jorah were speaking. Just seemed really odd considering the quality of everything else. Great premiere otherwise, the Tyrion and Tywin scene was spectacular.

Eidan

WHAAAT?!?!

For the good of your own entertainment maximizing please go and stay in the other thread. People mess up with the spoiler tags in here all the time, so unfortunately, this place is not 100% safe. Better than say, youtube, but still nowhere near the other thread.

Does anyone think it would be beneficial to label this thread as the book readers thread?

Dany

Banned
Ros is an enigma. SOS
I bet you all the silver in my pockets that she will be master of coin in littlefinger escapes with Sansa

Absolutely smashing start to the season.

No spoilers from me, others have done it much better in the past few pages.

Great episode ending too, glad they didn't treat the audience like idiots.

Davey Cakes

eye-bogglingly gorgeous. I pity those TENS of THOUSANDS of idiots downloading 400 Meg, low bitrate torrent rips right now.

This is one thing that is made for blu-ray.
I watched a 400mb version and it looked REALLY good. Probably because the ripper was good. No need to waste the space on 1.5gb files in my opinion when the alternative works.

Subitai

Well, not open spoilers.
Yeah, but maybe if non readers saw something more threatening? I know this was all discussed to death before the beginning of last season, but what was decided on obviously isn't working since non reader people still keep coming in here. And the next two seasons have so much awesome that can be spoiled.

How about something like: "Game of Thrones #NOVELREADERS & #GRRMTROLLED |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO"

Doesn't have any of the words in "NO BOOK SPOILERS" so people don't accidentally click on it.

Salvadora

That was an incredible episode.

You can already tell they've upped the budget considerably. Parts of this episode were simply gorgeous.

The Tywin/Tyrion scene was better than I could have imagined it, along with many others.

This season already feels a world apart from A Clash of Kings.

CassSept

It seems that they bumped up the budget once again, there was a significant difference between what Season 2 looked and how this opener did.

Well, good exposition episode. Not much happened, obviously. Next week things should start ramping up until the second half of the Season, which if delivers - oh boy.

Number of plotlines is also starting to catch up with them. How many plotlines where covered, 8? And there are at least four plotlines I can think of that weren't even touched. And it's only going to get worse from now on. Interesting how they will handle it.

Ros is an enigma. SOS
I bet you all the silver in my pockets that she will be master of coin in littlefinger escapes with Sansa

I'm going to bet right now (ASOS):
She will replace Marlillion's role in the book. Littlefinger will push Lysa out the moon door and blame Ros

Salvadora

Strangely I didn't mind Ros either.

You just know her screen time is going to grow as the season progresses and it will all be back to normal, unfortunately.

-griffy-

Banned
Nah, she is awesome but its kinda hilarious how so much is focused on someone who's not in the books. :p

It's also hilarious how much people immediately hate on her. She was in one 30 second scene this episode and people are already "OH GOD ROS!? STOP WASTING ALL THIS PRECIOUS TIME ON HER" like she sucked all the time out of the episode from other characters, when what she did was immediately provide some interesting info to the audience that will color our perspective on Littlefinger's interactions with Sansa for the whole season.

- EW.com: 'Game of Thrones' season 3 premiere breaks HBO ratings records
HBO’s Game of Thrones returned to its most-watched episode ever.

Thrones returned to 4.4 million viewers for its premiere at 9 p.m. and racked up 6.7 million viewers for the evening after its two repeats were tallied.

Despite heavy publicity and a rabid fan base, some odds were stacked against the show setting a record: Thrones aired on the Easter holiday, when TV viewership tends to dip, and ran head-to-head for the first time with The Walking Dead during its heavily anticipated finale. Plus, of course, there are some fans paying the iron price for the show. But as I predicted yesterday, Thrones managed a new high.

Thrones 10 p.m. airing was particularly strong for a repeat, likely benefiting from viewers switching to HBO after finishing The Walking Dead. Though HBO has not announced a fourth season on Thrones, you will likely see an official renewal within the next couple weeks.

Mudkips

Banned
Was anyone else taken out of the experience a little when they were on the boat? Everything else CG wise was excellent, but that was the most apparent green screen ever when Daenerys and Jorah were speaking. Just seemed really odd considering the quality of everything else. Great premiere otherwise, the Tyrion and Tywin scene was spectacular.

Yeah, when I saw his hand I was looking at it trying to see how they did it, and it looked good until that one shot. It's like there was a line in the middle of his hand and below that line all the skin was the wrong color.

Macmanus

Incredibly bummed by the way Barristan has entered the fold. Will wee see
Strong Belwas at all?
Apparently the character hasn't been cast.

Also how will Jorah's
betrayal and spying be revealed?

The whole thing with Qyburn is weird as well.

ACoK spoilers.

Eidan

You think it will drop off? I mean it has been increasing in viewers every episode pretty much since the beginning.

A premiere and a finale always generate the most attention. The Easter holiday and the Walking Dead finale likely suppressed viewership, but it was also a much hyped premiere during a free preview weekend. In a best case scenario I see the show remaining flat in the following weeks, with the finale having the highest ratings for the show to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom