• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this made it here yet...

482235_511107032258302_2021574162_n.jpg

It's like how Godfather the book and Godfather the movie are equally fantastic, even though they split in a lot of spots.

The show needs a subplot about how Ros wants a new, smaller vagina.

ASoS
If Tyrion doesn't kill Shae, I'm gonna be really disappointed in the show. It's such an important event in Tyrion's arc for him to see her there in his father's bed. I hope she wears the Hand's necklace as well...

He won't. I guarantee it. Maybe
Tywin sleeps with her, but I think Tyrion will just find her dead. And the Hand doesn't even have a necklace in the show, it's just a brooch.

Eidan

Bronn rules

ibixoVLyuMWgbe.gif

My fucking god. Beautiful.

Lothar said:
Negatives: Tyrion talking to Cersei was unnecessary. Bronn with the prostitute and confronting the guards was unnecessary. While still great as it was, Davos's part felt a bit rushed, the time spent on Cersei and Bronn could have been better used going to Davos. Or perhaps making the Tywin/Tyrion scene longer.

I hate your opinions on everything.

Ambitious

ASOS
What a shame Lysa's death is happening so late in the book. I guess it unlikely they'll show it this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing this scene on TV.

"Only Cat."

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I finally got a chance to watch the episode.

Yeah they fucked up Jon meeting Mance Rayder scene.

I sighed at the Bronn with naked woman scene. How being a book reader changes you.

I like Peter Dinklage but his acting was bad during that scene with Tywin. The whole thing felt stilted.

I'm not as upset about Barristan Selmy being introduced as himself this early on. In the book, not being able to see the guy but hear his description, the mystery of him was much more important. Though the viewers could have known who he was ahead of time if they remembered him, with his identity being revealed to Daenarys and Jorah Mormont with surprise later.

hoos30

It's not even that I'm a purist or anything, but the showrunners are both not nearly talented or respectful enough to handle the transition from the source material to the screen.

The books are bloated. D&D are doing the lord's work by whittling the story down to a manageable size.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I get that. But it's like a daily battle keeping the book readers and the non-book readers apart. The GoT threads are not always on the first page but I was half heartedly suggesting they should be.
If you don't read these threads through your subscriptions then you're using GAF wrong.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The show needs a subplot about how Ros wants a new, smaller vagina.

He won't. I guarantee it. Maybe
Tywin sleeps with her, but I think Tyrion will just find her dead. And the Hand doesn't even have a necklace in the show, it's just a brooch.

ASOS -
Man, I really don't think so. Unlike say, Arya killing a guard in Harrenhal, the betrayal and his revenge is an important part of Tyrion's character that can't necessarily be replaced by just having her be dead. The existence/non-existence of the brooch isn't really necessary. We're talking about an event that's 14 months real-world time away. They don't need to establish it as important right now.

The obvious solution is for people to use their subscriptions to browse the appropriate thread, and I named the thread in the same fashion that Cornballer did for the first two seasons. Many people seem confused about the threads though, so I'm going to ask a Mod about a name change to include tagging book spoilers allowed in this thread, hopefully that will help.

RaidenZR

The obvious solution is for people to use their subscriptions to browse the appropriate thread, and I named the thread in the same fashion that Cornballer did for the first two seasons. Many people seem confused about the threads though, so I'm going to ask a Mod about a name change to include tagging book spoilers allowed in this thread, hopefully that will help.

People were complaining at the start of last season too. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cornballer try a number of things before this arrangement of threads was settled on? I think it's just inevitable that occasional posters have an iffy experience, but it seems to me that the way things are is the most ideal it could possibly be. It is each individual's own responsibility to know what's in the OP.

Yonafunu

I think the best way to name the threads would just be the other way around. Add *BOOK SPOILERS* to this one, and remove *NO BOOK SPOILERS* from the other one, if possible.
To be fair, it doesn't really make sense to have the normal thread be with spoilers, and then make a special thread for non-spoilers, which is what this current situation looks like.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't see why its so hard. If you see black bars, you're in the spoiler thread.

People were complaining at the start of last season too. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cornballer try a number of things before this arrangement of threads was settled on? I think it's just inevitable that occasional posters have an iffy experience, but it seems to me that the way things are is the most ideal it could possibly be. It is each individual's own responsibility to know what's in the OP.
We discussed a number of different options and came to the conclusion that this would work best for most people. Obviously, no matter what you do, there are going to be some parties that are upset as to how it's organized. The influx in fans of the HBO series along with the population of GAF rising probably leads to some of the confusion, too. A segment is unfamiliar with how it's set up, and it always takes a little while before the thread settles into a rhythm.

Thread title changed, hopefully this helps the confusion.
Thanks. Fingers crossed that it helps minimize the confusion and complaints.

gutshot

I think the best way to name the threads would just be the other way around. Add *BOOK SPOILERS* to this one, and remove *NO BOOK SPOILERS* from the other one, if possible.
To be fair, it doesn't really make sense to have the normal thread be with spoilers, and then make a special thread for non-spoilers, which is what this current situation looks like.

The problem is that this thread is much more active, especially during the week. So unsuspecting viewers think it is the "main" thread and just jump in and start posting. Hopefully the title change will help matters.

RaidenZR

The problem is that this thread is much more active, especially during the week. So unsuspecting viewers think it is the "main" thread and just jump in and start posting. Hopefully the title change will help matters.

That's because this is the one, TRUE thread.

uYTRx.gif

Yonafunu

I can see how they'd think that with the previous title. That just wasn't well chosen. If that still happens from now on, though, it's on them.

I think it would be even better if the other thread would get a title change as well.
Just removing *NO BOOK SPOILERS* would hopefully make it obvious that that's the main thread.

ASOS
What a shame Lysa's death is happening so late in the book. I guess it unlikely they'll show it this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing this scene on TV.

"Only Cat."

I am looking forward to that scene as well... It will be great to see the reactions of the non book readers when they find out (Big asos Spoiler)
Lysa was responsible for Jon Arryn's death (and of course the domino effect it ended up creating after Ned left to be Robert's Hand) all at the behest of Littlefinger. It is one of those big reveals I am more excited to see reactions to beyond the Red Wedding. It proves to be a big game changer in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom