• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

ASOS
I wonder if TV audiences will realize that all the events that have happened were due to Littlefinger...They need to handle that properly. If they just mention it in passing people won't know who Jon was.

They already started it with episode 1 of this season

they keep reminding the audience that Littlefinger is a devious shit every season so far with season 2 bringing up Ned died because of him and this time we had shae being warned out him

Coen

Just caught up with the series, after reading the books years ago. It's a weird and wonderful experience. On one hand, I'm really enjoying actually seeing some of the scenes play out. But on the other hand, I'm constantly thinking: 'that's not how I remember that going at all', but I'm uncertain if it's my memory blanking on me or actual changes the writers had to make.

Hystzen

Hmmm....
I was trying to pause it to see who Bran was aiming the bow at near the end, but it cuts too soon.

One of the Reeds since they fucked up by not introducing them correctly last season I suspect they follow Brans group then approach them

RaidenZR

One of the Reeds since they fucked up by not introducing them correctly last season I suspect they follow Brans group then approach them

I figured that was the obvious answer but I was hoping for a surprise by way of a dream maybe .

I found this on the imdb episode guide

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes

Episode 8 airs May 19th
Episode 9 airs June 2nd.

I hope it's just an error.

According to HBO's website, only the first 8 episodes are on the schedule, so we don't know if that's true or not.

It's interesting though because they had episode 9 last season on memorial day weekend as well, and it was the lowest rated episode of the season in initial viewers, so if true they probably want to avoid airing on that weekend.

Trouble

Banned
Y'know, I think people really only remember that moment because it was a Strong Belwas highlight reel moment. ADwD
the conspiracy against Dany manifested itself in several ways, if I recall correctly. The show can have a more overt assassination attempt in the poisoned locust's stead.

The true highlight reel moment was Strong Belwas [ASOS]
shitting in the general direction of Meeren after killing its champion.
I was wondering how/if they would handle that on the show.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I'm not surprised that [ASOS/series]
Belwas was cut. So far he has had zero impact on the story, and with Barristan not going incognito he's even more useless. Entertaining he might be, but he was rightly the first on the chopping block when it came to cuts. Everything he has done can be taken care of by other characters, or left out entirely.

exYle

Belwas was cut. So far he has had zero impact on the story, and with Barristan not going incognito he's even more useless. Entertaining he might be, but he was rightly the first on the chopping block when it came to cuts. Everything he has done can be taken care of by other characters, or left out entirely.

Speaking of, I feel at this point it's possible that
the entirety of Yunkai might be cut.

Azrael

ASOS
and for a little speculation. Does anyone else think they will do the Lady Stoneheart reveal at the end of this season?

No, introducing Lady Stoneheart at the end of this season would blunt the impact of the RW. I think final scene will be Sam the Slayer and the introduction of Coldhands.

Subitai

No, introducing Lady Stoneheart at the end of this season would blunt the impact of the RW. I think final scene will be Sam the Slayer and the introduction of Coldhands.
[ASoS]/[AFfC]
Probably. Who knows though, given the way things have ended before, they might zoom out with a peak at Mance's army beginning to set up camp outside the wall after that like the zoom out at the end of season 1.

ASOS
I agree that it's a little too soon, but I can't see how it fits anywhere else. I don't know how they're planning on spreading out the content of the fourth season with relation to the 3rd and 4th books...if they're not going to drop that bomb at the end of this season, the only other logical place I see where it could go would be in the 4th season premiere. I can't see them being able to stretch it out until the 4th season finale, and it would be simply weird as the ending of a mid-season episode or something.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

ASOS
No way Sam ends there this season. He'd basically just wander around for all 10 episodes. Well maybe the coldhands part. I really think the Wall story is going to end this season either with Jon escaping from the wildlings, or the first skirmish with the wildlings who crossed the wall, at Castle Black. and Sam will end with Coldahnds and meeting Bran.

Agreed.
ASOS
I agree that it's a little too soon, but I can't see how it fits anywhere else. I don't know how they're planning on spreading out the content of the fourth season with relation to the 3rd and 4th books...if they're not going to drop that bomb at the end of this season, the only other logical place I see where it could go would be in the 4th season premiere. I can't see them being able to stretch it out until the 4th season finale, and it would be simply weird as the ending of a mid-season episode or something.

ASOS
Agreed, it's also the natural conclusion to the Brotherhood Without Banners storyline in season 3. I don't know if we'll see the same thing at the epilogue of ASOS at the end of this season, but it's going to be something with the Brotherhood and Cat. Maybe they could do something more vague like have the Brotherhood pick her up and Thoros and Beric make a decision about what to do, and then you get the ASOS epilogue in full in season 4.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Apologies if it's elsewhere in the thread, but how long does it take for a new ep to show up on HBO Go?
I'll be in a pickle on Sunday.

Wray

You know, I'm actually looking forward to season 4 more than season 3.
ASOS
I mean, you have undead Cat, the Purple Wedding, Stannis at the Wall, Littlefinger's reveal, Tyrion's trial, the Red Viper, Tywin and Shae's death, Arya leaving for Braavos...It's a lot!

Plus things from Feast/Dance that are likely to get moved up.

The Kingsmoot and possibly Bran meeting the Children of the Forest.

Pkaz01

Agreed.

ASOS
Agreed, it's also the natural conclusion to the Brotherhood Without Banners storyline in season 3. I don't know if we'll see the same thing at the epilogue of ASOS at the end of this season, but it's going to be something with the Brotherhood and Cat. Maybe they could do something more vague like have the Brotherhood pick her up and Thoros and Beric make a decision about what to do, and then you get the ASOS epilogue in full in season 4.

ASOS
I could see it as a scene of Arya and her denial of what happened at the RW like in the books and then a warg dream of Nymeria finding the body and them playing it off as just a scene to give arya conclusion as to her death, thats how it should be anyway Thoros and Beric finding her makes it too obvious imo

CassSept

Speaking of, I feel at this point it's possible that
the entirety of Yunkai might be cut.

No way. [ASOS/show]
8th episode is called Second Sons and season finale is called Mhysa. They can't cut Yunkai plotline because it features the most uplifting Dany scene of the series and besides, what the hell would they make with Kelly C's plotline? Make her go straight for Meereen and sit for even longer than they already have to?

exYle

No way. [ASOS/show]
8th episode is called Second Sons and season finale is called Mhysa. They can't cut Yunkai plotline because it features the most uplifting Dany scene of the series and besides, what the hell would they make with Kelly C's plotline? Make her go straight for Meereen and sit for even longer than they already have to?

ASoS
Right, and the 10th episode is called Mhysa. I'll admit that if they sped through Dany's plotline in S3, I'd have no idea what they'd do in Season 4. That being said, if they cut the battle between Belwas and Meereen's champion, they could have the negotiations with the Stormcrows and Second Sons outside the walls of Meereen instead of Yunkai, right before Barristan and Jorah infiltrate the city from the inside - basically just combine the various elements of capturing each city into the Siege of Meereen. I'm not saying I'd like it, I'm just saying I could see it happen. Also, who is Kelly C? Google led me to Kelly Clarkson.

Iksenpets

Banned
No way. [ASOS/show]

ASOS
If anything, it seems like they would focus more on Yunkai for the show. In the book Yunkai is right in the middle and ends up as sort of an anticlimax, with the city surrendering without a fight after Dany convinces their mercenaries to change sides. In the show where it'll be a season closer it'll need to be more climactic, so I could see them making a bigger battle out of it.

Rimfya

Banned
If RW is Ep 9, I can see Stoneheart being the final reveal in the last scene of Ep 10. Not sure people will accept a Ned Stark moment twice in three seasons. The only other catharsis can come through Joffrey's wedding but that won't come until much later obvs.

If RW is Ep 9, I can see Stoneheart being the final reveal in the last scene of Ep 10. Not sure people will accept a Ned Stark moment twice in three seasons. The only other catharsis can come through Joffrey's wedding but that won't come until much later obvs.

I can see the season ending with PW, Sansa being spirited away. Send viewers home happy

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That's a holiday weekend. Neither HBO or Showtime will be airing their shows on the 26th.

Do you know this from some other source or are you just saying they aren't airing due to the holiday? Because holiday weekends don't necessarily mean anything. The show premiered on Easter.

Do you know this from some other source or are you just saying they aren't airing due to the holiday? Because holiday weekends don't necessarily mean anything. The show premiered on Easter.

They've aired episodes of Game of Thrones the last two years on Memorial Day weekend. It may have something to do with ratings this year as the episode that aired last year on Memorial Day weekend was Blackwater which was the lowest rated but best episode. So maybe HBO feels it will be better to air a Liberace movie instead of Game of Thrones.

Historically it seems that the Sopranos never aired an episode on Memorial Day weekend, the last time I personally remember they did such a thing on a Memorial Day weekend was when the season 5 final of the Sopranos was pushed a week back and they showed that Alan Rickman movie about a heart doctor or something. Pissed me off. Crazy HBO.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They've aired episodes of Game of Thrones the last two years on Memorial Day weekend. It may have something to do with ratings this year as the episode that aired last year on Memorial Day weekend was Blackwater which was the lowest rated but best episode. So maybe HBO feels it will be better to air a Liberace movie instead of Game of Thrones.

Historically it seems that the Sopranos never aired an episode on Memorial Day weekend, the last time I personally remember they did such a thing on a Memorial Day weekend was when the season 5 final of the Sopranos was pushed a week back and they showed that Alan Rickman movie about a heart doctor or something. Pissed me off. Crazy HBO.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an episode that weekend, I was just curious if he had a real source because the mere fact that it's a holiday weekend doesn't mean anything.

I completely buy the ratings thing though relative to last season.

Atsumi

Memorial Day seems to be a "get trashed Saturday morning - Sunday night" and recover Monday around here, so that would make sense if that's the case other places.

Dysun

I agree the final scene of Season 3 will be un-cat. She needs to be resurrected a few days after the wedding, the pacing would be off if it happens next year. She really doesn't actually do much for awhile so having her appear here with the Brotherhood could end their stories for awhile. It seems the best choice to me, I really dont see the Purple Wedding happening without Oberyn/Mace Tyrell casted and it feels like they are saving that for next year.

Atsumi

I agree the final scene of Season 3 will be un-cat. She needs to be resurrected a few days after the wedding, the pacing would be off if it happens next year. She really doesn't actually do much for awhile so having her appear here with the Brotherhood could end their stories for awhile. It seems the best choice to me, I really dont see the Purple Wedding happening without Oberyn/Mace Tyrell casted and it feels like they are saving that for next year.

[ASOS]
I have a feeling it well end with a black screen after The Hound hits Arya with the flat of his axe. Just imagine the non-bookreader uproar. I think un-Cat will have a bigger impact after everyone's moved on. Maybe the end of Season 4?

woodchuck

HBO didn't want to compete with the release of Fast and the Furious 6.

But seriously, everyone gets wasted memorial day sunday. Smart for HBO not to show an episode that day. Show premiered on Easter, but everyone is home Easter night since Monday is a work day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom