• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

That's because this is the one, TRUE thread.

uYTRx.gif

This gif is going to be extremely useful during
ASOS:
Stannis' surprise attack beyond The Wall

Yonafunu

You know, I'm actually looking forward to season 4 more than season 3.
ASOS
I mean, you have undead Cat, the Purple Wedding, Stannis at the Wall, Littlefinger's reveal, Tyrion's trial, the Red Viper, Tywin and Shae's death, Arya leaving for Braavos...It's a lot!

I can see how they'd think that with the previous title. That just wasn't well chosen. If that still happens from now on, though, it's on them.

I think it would be even better if the other thread would get a title change as well.
Just removing *NO BOOK SPOILERS* would hopefully make it obvious that that's the main thread.

Well the idea isn't that there is a "main" thread, it's that people use the one that's appropriate for them. Hopefully that be easier for people now with the name change.

Snake

Well the idea isn't that there is a "main" thread, it's that people use the one that's appropriate for them. Hopefully that be easier for people now with the name change.

Ours is the main thread, the Iron Thread, by right. Non-book readers will bend the knee or I will destroy them.

3N16MA

Banned
Anyone hear the news that Lena Headey supposedly has less than $5 in her bank account? Info came out in a court filing pertaining to her divorce. I find that hard to believe.

Joni

Anyone hear the news that Lena Headey supposedly has less than $5 in her bank account? Info came out in a court filing pertaining to her divorce. I find that hard to believe.

It is not because you get paid a lot that you can handle money. Look at Michael Jackson who was virtually bankrupt at the end of his life while being one of the highest earning artists.

Kettch

ASOS
I mean, you have undead Cat, the Purple Wedding, Stannis at the Wall, Littlefinger's reveal, Tyrion's trial, the Red Viper, Tywin and Shae's death, Arya leaving for Braavos...It's a lot!

Eh, after they butchered Qhorin Halfhand's character, I'm quite worried about ASOS
how they work in the Red Viper. Two of my favorite characters, despite how little time they have.

Eh, after they butchered Qhorin Halfhand's character, I'm quite worried about ASOS
how they work in the Red Viper. Two of my favorite characters, despite how little time they have.

ASOS
The Red Viper will probably feature in most of season 4 so hopefully there won't be another Halfhand debacle.

Atsumi

ASOS

I agree.
I had no idea how the book could keep me as interested as what happened during the events of the RW, but it manages to do it. One intense scenario after the other, it seems.

Eidan

I agree.
I had no idea how the book could keep me as interested as what happened during the events of the RW, but it manages to do it. One intense scenario after the other, it seems.

ASOS
Joffrey's wedding and Tyrion's subsequent trial is my favorite story arc of the entire series. It was one riveting moment after another.

Subitai

I think what will be unique next season is how it only covers part of the 3rd book. Things are going end so intensely this season, I predict almost everyone who has not read the books but is hooked on the show will not wait 9 months to see where everything goes in season 4.

Brashnir

ASOS
Joffrey's wedding and Tyrion's subsequent trial is my favorite story arc of the entire series. It was one riveting moment after another.

The entire second half of ASOS is a non-stop thrill ride. Definitely the high point in the series.

RaidenZR

The entire second half of ASOS is a non-stop thrill ride. Definitely the high point in the series.

I'm simultaneously excited as hell for the 4th season and yet also dreading it...

[ASOS and Series]
Joffrey is one of my favorite characters for reasons that are antagonistic but still devilishly amusing to me. I'm definitely going to miss Jack Gleeson. I think he plays the part so well and it's one of the things the show has been able to nail better than I had hoped. Above all, the Joffrey character brings soooo much fantasticly-sour spice to the story. Clearly, his non-presence in AFFC and ADWD is the true reason why everyone hates those books and thinks they are inferior to what came before.

The data is conclusive.

Aggrotek

ASOS

Wait, why do they call it the Purple Wedding?

Brashnir

I'm simultaneously excited as hell for the 4th season and yet also dreading it...

[ASOS and Series]
Joffrey is one of my favorite characters for reasons that are antagonistic but still devilishly amusing to me. I'm definitely going to miss Jack Gleeson. I think he plays the part so well and it's one of the things the show has been able to nail better than I had hoped. Above all, the Joffrey character brings soooo much fantasticly-sour spice to the story. Clearly, his non-presence in AFFC and ADWD is the true reason why everyone hates those books and thinks they are inferior to what came before.

The data is conclusive.

ASOS
was a book with a lot of resolution. It certainly didn't resolve everything, or even a third of everything, but a lot of storylines that had been building for 2 books came to a head in it. A letdown was inevitable, and GRRM's choice to focus on Dorne for much of AFFC led to the beginning of a whole new build cycle. I think Winds of Winter and whatever book 7 (which is supposed to be the final one, right?) is will have a chance to rival ASOS because it's becoming time for plot threads to start closing again.

ASOS

ASOS
I wonder if TV audiences will realize that all the events that have happened were due to Littlefinger...They need to handle that properly. If they just mention it in passing people won't know who Jon was.

Because that's the color on you after you choke to death.

ASOS
I always assumed people referred to it as the Purple Wedding simple because it was a royal wedding, and the color purple's common association with royalty. The more you know

RaidenZR

ASOS
was a book with a lot of resolution. It certainly didn't resolve everything, or even a third of everything, but a lot of storylines that had been building for 2 books came to a head in it. A letdown was inevitable, and GRRM's choice to focus on Dorne for much of AFFC led to the beginning of a whole new build cycle. I think Winds of Winter and whatever book 7 (which is supposed to be the final one, right?) is will have a chance to rival ASOS because it's becoming time for plot threads to start closing again.

[Series Spoilers]
I was serious about the Joffrey comments but I was mainly joking about the last two books-thing. I quite enjoy them and don't care much/agree with the echo chamber of the internet when it insists that 'nothing happened'.

ASOS
I always assumed people referred to it as the Purple Wedding simple because it was a royal wedding, and the color purple's common association with royalty. The more you know

Same here for me. Although, I assumed it was referring to both. Can't it be both?

CassSept

[ASOS MAJOR]
Wait, why do they call it the Purple Wedding?

ASOS

Because that's the color on you after you choke to death.

Same here for me. Although, I assumed it was referring to both. Can't it be both?

I believe that's actually wrong. Joffrey was killed by poison that was hidden in one of purple amethysts that adorned Sansa's hairnet, hence "Purple Wedding". At least that's what I think is the root of the name

Dysun

[ASOS MAJOR]

I believe that's actually wrong. Joffrey was killed by poison that was hidden in one of purple amethysts that adorned Sansa's hairnet, hence "Purple Wedding". At least that's what I think is the root of the name

In addition to all those things poison is usually attached to the color purple...

There's also the less talked about 'Gold Wedding' = Sansa + Tyrion

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
ASOS Spoilers
Isn't it generally said that a person goes Blue when they are choking? I got the reference though.

RaidenZR

Future show talk:

[ASOS]
I am getting a sneaky suspiscion/gut feeling that they will change the culprit of the purple wedding in the show to be someone else. I have absolutely nothing to base this on, mind you, but given that the show is constantly changing main character motivations, it wouldn't shock me. Maybe my memory is hazy as well, but it seems like they've done a lot more with Cersei being worried about his consuming and corrupting power. In the show they linger on those moments a lot and it feels like they make a bigger deal of her reacting to him now.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Future show talk:

[ASOS]
I am getting a sneaky suspiscion/gut feeling that they will change the culprit of the purple wedding in the show to be someone else. I have absolutely nothing to base this on, mind you, but given that the show is constantly changing main character motivations, it wouldn't shock me. Maybe my memory is hazy as well, but it seems like they've done a lot more with Cersei being worried about his consuming and corrupting power. In the show they linger on those moments a lot and it feels like they make a bigger deal of her reacting to him now.

SERIES
I would be very surprised if they changed the culprits in the show. If they don't intend her to be a major player I don't know why they would bother casting the Queen of Thorns at all, and certainly not with a major name actress.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Future show talk:

[ASOS]
You only feel like that because [series]
we don't get an idea about what she's thinking until after he dies because she's not a POV character until AFFC.

Iksenpets

Banned
SERIES
I would be very surprised if they changed the culprits in the show. If they don't intend her to be a major player I don't know why they would bother casting the Queen of Thorns at all, and certainly not with a major name actress.

SERIES
If anything, they seem more likely to keep Olenna around after the wedding instead of having her quietly slip away. Having Cersei do it would change everything. None of the changes thus far come even close to that.

He could just be talking about this season. It's kind of unclear from the way he said it.

The question was in regards to the Series... so unless GRRM misread the post, he was referring to the entire series, not just this season. Seemed pretty clear to me. It is a bit disappointing. (series)
I always found his character to have some of the best lighter(or funnier) moments in the books

Trouble

Banned
The question was in regards to the Series... so unless GRRM misread the post, he was referring to the entire series, not just this season. Seemed pretty clear to me. It is a bit disappointing. (series)
I always found his character to have some of the best lighter(or funnier) moments in the books

Yeah that is a bummer, I really like the character. So who is going to
eat the poisoned locusts?

exYle

Yeah that is a bummer, I really like the character. So who is going to
eat the poisoned locusts?

Y'know, I think people really only remember that moment because it was a Strong Belwas highlight reel moment. ADwD
the conspiracy against Dany manifested itself in several ways, if I recall correctly. The show can have a more overt assassination attempt in the poisoned locust's stead.

Kadayi

Banned

GRRM's not in charge of the shows casting, or does he sit in on the writers room. Certainly for this season he's probably not going to appear, however there's no reason to assume we might not see him introduced in future in some fashion (we're getting Reeds a season late for instance). Personally I don't see the character as fundamental to the story-line in truth. With him being absent there's more opportunity for Selmy badassery. There's way too many characters in Danys later story, so a fair degree of rationalization is to be expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom