• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I agree the final scene of Season 3 will be un-cat. She needs to be resurrected a few days after the wedding, the pacing would be off if it happens next year. She really doesn't actually do much for awhile so having her appear here with the Brotherhood could end their stories for awhile. It seems the best choice to me, I really dont see the Purple Wedding happening without Oberyn/Mace Tyrell casted and it feels like they are saving that for next year.

ASOS
Personally, I hope her reveal is in the S4 premier. I think an off season of everyone thinking she's dead is perfect. Not to mention, if they bring her back in S4, you're going to have non book readers thinking Robb's going to come back. But I guess that's easily solved if they show Grey Wind's head sewn onto his body.

Dany

Banned
HBO didn't want to compete with the release of Fast and the Furious 6.

But seriously, everyone gets wasted memorial day sunday. Smart for HBO not to show an episode that day. Show premiered on Easter, but everyone is home Easter night since Monday is a work day.

iirc they showed BlackWater on Memorial day.

iirc they showed BlackWater on Memorial day.

Yes they did, but it had the lowest initial viewers of any episode last season. They might want to avoid that this year.

Speaking of ratings, I'm curious to see the initial viewer numbers tonight without The Walking Dead and Easter.

Do you know this from some other source or are you just saying they aren't airing due to the holiday? Because holiday weekends don't necessarily mean anything. The show premiered on Easter.

What other source do I need than the fact that HBO's newest ad campaign shows the Liberace movie premiering at 9pm on May 26th? That obviously prevents Game of Thrones/Veep/Family Tree from airing new episodes that night.

ASOS
Personally, I hope her reveal is in the S4 premier. I think an off season of everyone thinking she's dead is perfect. Not to mention, if they bring her back in S4, you're going to have non book readers thinking Robb's going to come back. But I guess that's easily solved if they show Grey Wind's head sewn onto his body.

Would be perfect for an prologue scene in the S4 season premiere.

I hope there is some good Arya stuff tonight.

The Arya related moments I most want to see...(ASOS)
the wolf dream where Nymeria and her pack kill the fuck out of some soldiers who are pursuing her....and when she recognizes the dude from Winterfell and he recognizes her and she starts crying. I may have teared up a little bit when I got to that part in the book, after all the shit she went through previously

I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't see both of these scenes

RaidenZR

the wolf dream where Nymeria and her pack kill the fuck out of some soldiers who are pursuing her....and when she recognizes the dude from Winterfell and he recognizes her and she starts crying. I may have teared up a little bit when I got to that part in the book, after all the shit she went through previously

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bother with the warging stuff for Arya or Jon, to be honest.

Pkaz01

ASOS
well considering they didn't cast him for this season get ready to be disappointed. And they don't even do the character itself justice, good luck getting any good warg dreams

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't bother with the warging stuff for Arya or Jon, to be honest.
ASOS/Season 3
Well, Orell will be in Jon's storyline this season and he's a warg, so it would seem odd to not include Jon's warging possibilities with that, but you never know. Obviously, I think Bran will always be the warging focus in the show.
Screw that, GoT then watch MM on PVR so you can skip the commercials.
Yep, that's what I'm doing.

SOON™

I could see that. But [ADwD]
Jon warging into Ghost might be kind of a big deal in the future if he isn't actually dead at the end of ADwD. I'd imagine they'd have to introduce that aspect sooner or later.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The heck. Rickon looks older than Bran now.

ACOK/ASOS
Cate released Jamie after being told that Bran and Rickon were killed in the books, right?

Violater

Not the nudity is was hoping for
LLShC.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Question about Joffrey changes in the show. For stuff that has already happened.

That last scene reminded me of a book -> TV change that I never asked after reading the books last year.

Was there any specific reason they made Joffrey order the killings of Robert's bastards in the TV show, as opposed to Cersei? Was it just to further show his growing defiance of his monther?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom