• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

that was goooooood.

Loved Diana Rigg as Lady Olenna. Perfect casting.

The introduction of the Reeds was well done, too. Jojen is also well cast, he has that "SRS BUSINESS ALL THE TIME" vibe.

Joffrey's a sick fuck but we all know that. Margaery being clever, she knew how to handle him and got the most out of the situation.

Also, [ASOS-ADWD SPOILERS]
is that... Reek? Aw yeah.

LordCanti

They packed a lot in to an hour. The Reed introduction, the Brotherhood, Theon's situation, Sansa and the Tyrell's,etc. I think they did a good job with most of it. The scenes with Sansa and the Tyrell's stood out to me as the best of the night due to how well Olenna was portrayed.

This is cringe-worthy. Shae cannot act.

She really can't, unfortunately =/

aceface

Re: Shae (later SoS spolier)
Are they really going to set up her betrayal as her being jealous because Tyrion married Sansa? Cause that would be stupid.

Overall I was underwhelmed by this episode. Anything with the Tyrells was good. The scene with the Queen of Thorns was the highlight of the episode. Meera is hot. I don't know, just wasn't feeling it. I liked Episode 1 a lot more.

ChaosXVI

Olenna could not have been more perfectly cast...totally spot-on. The Theon scenes were...somewhat unexpected, but I suppose they couldn't just have him disappear randomly for 2 or more seasons, so a necessary change.

Also, Bran's been drinking his milk, kid looks to have aged 3 years in 1.

Altazor

Are they really going to set up her betrayal as her being jealous because Tyrion married Sansa? Cause that would be stupid.

Overall I was underwhelmed by this episode. Anything with the Tyrells was good. The scene with the Queen of Thorns was the highlight of the episode. Meera is hot. I don't know, just wasn't feeling it. I liked Episode 1 a lot more.

funnily enough, I liked this one more. Different strokes and all.

That's what it felt like to me, but we'll see.

And Bran seems to have aged three years since last season.

And Jaime's joke about Renly and the cock throne was pretty good.

funnily enough, I liked this one more. Different strokes and all.

Yeah, I felt this one was better than the premiere.

Helmholtz

Mediocre episode. Also one of the first episodes where the deviations from the book were really jarring to me, since there were so many of them.
Best parts of the episode were probably Bran's and Arya's scenes. And man, Bran really has grown up a lot, it's kind of crazy. His voice is noticeably deeper. Worst were Tyrion's, mainly due to the horrible actress playing Shae.
And wow, they're really driving home the Renly=gay thing in this show. It was hardly mentioned in the book, at least not until later on.

Magnus

This episode felt totally different from any in the series so far. I can't explain why. Something felt...so otherwordly about it all.

Jaime's crack about the throne Renly would have gone in for had me rolling. Was that lifted from the text?

Loved all the introductions, but fear widespread confusion amongst non-book readers.

• Queen of Thorns + the Tyrell contingent
• Thoros, Anguy + the Brotherhood Without Banners
• Some new House Bolton dudes finding Jaime/Brienne*
• Theon's torturers
• Jojen and Meera Reed

It's a lot to take in, plus, the focus this week was mostly on all the stories/characters not in the premiere and not seen since last year.

*[SOS]
Weren't Jaime/Brienne supposed to be discovered by the Bloody Mummers and Vargo Hoat, to who Jaime loses his hand? I'm confused. Read SOS last year.

Extra thought: Damn, the actors playing Bran/Rickon grew up like woah.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ASOS/episode name spoiler
there's an episode called the bear at the maiden fair.. probably safe to assume that's when it happens
There's no way in hell they're waiting until then. During the preview [ASoS]
the line about having to keep Jaime alive but nothing about Brienne made it seem like Jaime will lose his hand right after that.

I enjoyed that episode a lot.

- Queen of Thorns was great. Probably the highlight of the evening.
- I actually liked Joff and Margery's crossbow scene together.
- I NEED MORE of Theon's scenes. Glad we got a look at ADWD
Reek, who is being portrayed by Ramsay. Can't wait to see the twisted shit that goes down at the Dreadfort
- Bran and Arya's stories were exactly what I expected - which is good.

...and yes, Shae is terrible.

Altazor

*[SOS]
Weren't Jaime/Brienne supposed to be discovered by the Bloody Mummers and Vargo Hoat, to who Jaime loses his hand? I'm confused. Read SOS last year.

-Yes, but [ASOS-speculation?]
I think they're replacing Hoat and the Bloody Mummers with some guys in service to House Bolton, simplifying that plot point a bit. Shame, I'm gonna miss Vargo's LISP.

aceface

Maybe it was that last swordfight between Brienne and Jamie that left a bad taste in my mouth. That was THE swordfight in the book. In the show it was sooooo slooooow. Let's sloooowly swing our swords at each other. And then Brienne beat him so easily. Disappointmenton.

Edit:
So I thought Jaime was supposed to be a bad ass swordsmen... Was that fight the same in the book?

No, it was fucking awesome in the book! So sad.

*[SOS]

You've just met the show's version of them, definitely a downgrade.

So I thought Jaime was supposed to be a bad ass swordsmen... Was that fight the same in the book?

Yeah, but it was more evenly matched, and Brienne had the advantage with Jaime being manacled and out of shape from being imprisoned for a year. But it was still implied that in a real fight between the two, Jaime probably would have won.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
This episode felt totally different from any in the series so far. I can't explain why. Something felt...so otherwordly about it all.

Jaime's crack about the throne Renly would have gone in for had me rolling. Was that lifted from the text?

Loved all the introductions, but fear widespread confusion amongst non-book readers.

• Theon's torturers
• Jojen and Meera Reed

It's a lot to take in, plus, the focus this week was mostly on all the stories/characters not in the premiere and not seen since last year.

*[SOS]

Regarding your spoiler, [ASOS]
Vargo is being replaced by that guy at the end.

Saterium

There's no way in hell they're waiting until then. During the preview [ASoS]
the line about having to keep Jaime alive but nothing about Brienne made it seem like Jaime will lose his hand right after that.

Yeah they don't show the preview here in Canada =(
ASOS
I hope you're right.. I really like the turn his character takes once the arm is gone

• Theon's torturers
• Jojen and Meera Reed

*[SOS]

Was
Vargo
even cast?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Tyrion's scenario feels like its dragging but I didn't really care for his King's Landing stuff due to Shae even in the books. Need more Varys and Littlefinger.

Fey

Banned

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I fear this, too.

My brothers, who haven't read the books, can only remember two names off the top of their head: Jon Snow and Daenerys.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tyrion's scenario feels like its dragging but I didn't really care for his King's Landing stuff due to Shae even in the books. Need more Varys and Littlefinger.

shit....

ASOS
There's really not much for Tyrion to do this season though. Until Joffrey's wedding, he really doesn't do much other than mope around, and marry Sansa

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
God I wish I was one of you people that haven't read the books yet.

You just don't know. You just don't know at all.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
shit....

ASOS
There's really not much for Tyrion to do this season though. Until Joffrey's wedding, he really doesn't do much other than mope around, and marry Sansa

I agree, with that said I just wish they would cut back the scenes with him due to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom