• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This made me laugh because of this thread.

dNtpCkv.png

Gvaz

Banned
Here's my guesses for what happens in the episodes this season:

ASOS and SERIES
4. Lord Commander Dies (coldhands might show up this episode)
5. Jon Fucks Ygritte (I hope the show talks about jon's wolfdreams at this point)
6. Jon Climbs the wall (ygritte possibly dies)
7. Jaime loses his sword hand, gets injured from the bearfight
8. Showcases the battle outside Yunkai where the second sons are involved. It's probably now that she banishes Jorah, but they haven't really done a lot leading up to this. Also she didn't seem too upset about seeing him in the first place. meh.
9. red wedding
10. Likely Hizdahr zo Loraq and Daario are introduced at this point, with dany in meereen. Shit, this is book five stuff.

not sure about some of the stuff tho...

things like EPISODE SPOILERS series:

4. The Night’s Watch takes stock; Varys meets his better; Arya is taken to the commander of the Brotherhood; Daenerys makes an exchange.

Here I don't get it, because Varys meets his better? In the books jaime is already back at the castle and threatens varys. This is AFTER joffrey dies, which... (btw the rest is self explanatory, Arya likely meets dondarion here, dany buys the unsulled, lord mormont dies at caster's house)

5. The Hound is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged; Jon proves himself; Robb is betrayed; Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

Tyrion learns the cost of weddings. This implies that somewhere in 4 and 5 joffrey dies and is implicated as the murderer of joffrey. This also means that they'll probably marry him and sansa off (based on earlier conversation) between ep 4 and 5. The hound fights and kills dondarian, It's either this episode or previous robb arrives in riverrun, meets the blackfish, and they set in motion shit for the red wedding and travel to the twins. But it says "robb is betrayed" likely by his "wife" who is likely a spy for the lannisters.

devilhawk

ASOS and SERIES
5. Jon Fucks Ygritte (I hope the show talks about jon's wolfdreams at this point)
8. Showcases the battle outside Yunkai where the second sons are involved. It's probably now that she banishes Jorah, but they haven't really done a lot leading up to this. Also she didn't seem too upset about seeing him in the first place. meh.
9. red wedding
10. Likely Hizdahr zo Loraq and Daario are introduced at this point, with dany in meereen. Shit, this is book five stuff.

4. The Night’s Watch takes stock; Varys meets his better; Arya is taken to the commander of the Brotherhood; Daenerys makes an exchange.

Here I don't get it, because Varys meets his better? In the books jaime is already back at the castle and threatens varys. This is AFTER joffrey dies, which... (btw the rest is self explanatory, Arya likely meets dondarion here, dany buys the unsulled, lord mormont dies at caster's house)

5. The Hound is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged; Jon proves himself; Robb is betrayed; Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

Tyrion learns the cost of weddings. This implies that somewhere in 4 and 5 joffrey dies and is implicated as the murderer of joffrey. This also means that they'll probably marry him and sansa off (based on earlier conversation) between ep 4 and 5. The hound fights and kills dondarian, It's either this episode or previous robb arrives in riverrun, meets the blackfish, and they set in motion shit for the red wedding and travel to the twins. But it says "robb is betrayed" likely by his "wife" who is likely a spy for the lannisters.

Dude, no. Remember the book is split into two seasons. ASoS
Ygritte dies during the Battle of Castle Black and not when Jon escapes to go to the wall. The Purple Wedding will not be this year. The "cost" is probably something completely different - like his own wedding.

ADwD
I hope to hell Mereen doesn't show this year. I'm not ready for 3+ seasons of that place.

CassSept

[ASOS; SERIES]

ASOS and SERIES
9. red wedding

Besides the post above
Jaime is absolutely not back by episode 4, especially if the text implies that he loses his hand in episode 5 and Bear scene isn't until episode 7.

"Robb is betrayed" isn't probably by Talisa. It might be Karstark killing some Lannisters/Freys and being beheaded or something like that, but it's to early for viewers to know Talisa might be in on the plot.

"Tyrion learns the cost of weddings" - this is definitely Tyrion's wedding, no question about it.

And come on, episode 10 is in Yunkai not in Meereen. Hizdahr zo Loraq so soon? What the hell? "Mhysa" scene happened in Yunkai after she releases the slaves.

Why the hell would Ygritte die so soon? This doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry to say this, but that was a terrible, terrible post.

TripOpt55

I am only partway through AFfC now, so I don't come in here much as I'm paranoid of catching a random spoiler I'm not to in the books yet. Just wanted to say I was a bit disappointed with the sword fight this week. It was just so much cooler in the books.

Also ASOS
I hope they do a better job with the two trial by combats with the Hound/Beric and more so the Mountain and Red Viper. The latter was just so thrilling when I read it. I felt similarly about this Jaime/Brienne fight so I am a little worried that other one won't be as cool now.

Anyway generally been enjoying the season quite a bit. This is my first season watching having read the book first. (I watched the first two seasons last summer then started reading the books and finished ASOS before this season and jumped into AFfC recently). Definitely glad I'm reading the books though. Not just because they are so great but because they give you a lot of history and the inner thoughts on the characters really give you more of an understanding of what is going on I feel. I imagine moments like my thoughts on this recent fight will happen every now and then from here on out though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
tumblr_ml44ihCzd11r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

The three musketeers dragoneers.

ASOS
It's going to be sad when Jorah gets banished :(

[ASoS]
Yeah, he's more likeable in the TV series than the books, hah. I think that'll be in S4 though, I have a feeling the Meereen stuff (ASoS + ADwD) will be in S4. Especially since a late episode of S3 is called "Second Sons" and the last one is called "Mhysa", so I think the Dany arc will end at Yunkai for S3.

Episode synopses for episodes 6-8 have been leaked.

WARNING: These contain significant spoilers for these episodes

Episode 3.06 – The Climb
Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb.
(Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alik Sakharov.)

Episode 3.07 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal.
(Written by George R. R. Martin; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Episode 3.08 – Second Sons
King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.
(Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Episode 3.06 – The Climb
Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb.

ASOS
There's no way they're going to have Melisandre replace The Ghost of High Heart , is there?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Episode 3.06 – The Climb

Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal.

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.
[ASoS]
Hmmm. I hope that doesn't mean Roose is the one who cuts off (or gives the order to) Jaime's hand. Hopefully it's the zealous "Locke" or his henchmen, and Roose tries to mitigate the Lannister's wrath about it the way it happens in the book. I want them to keep the "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" line at the Red Wedding. :)

I heard of Melisandre being around the BwB, which seems very odd to me, considering she has to end up at the Wall later.. I know they kinda had to replace/merge Edric Storm, but Gendry never learns his heritage in the books so that all seems very strange to me. On the plus side, Coldhands, yay!

ASOS
There's no way they're going to have Melisandre replace The Ghost of High Heart , is there?

I think Steelyuhas is correct, but that might happen too. Replacing
the dwarf woman's dreams with Mel's visions in the flames
might actually even work, if they do it right.

dubq

ASOS
Why not? The showrunners have already said multiple times that they intended on combining multiple characters as there is no way to cast them all. Plus, this is one of the few that actually fit and can make sense.. Don't see a problem.

Snake

What even more interesting to me

is Mel going to meet Arya and know who she is? No way Thoros with holds that information

*ASOS spoilers*
It's possible that she has already escaped with/been kidnapped by The Hound at that point.

Pkaz01

*ASOS spoilers*
It's possible that she has already escaped with/been kidnapped by The Hound at that point.

ASOS spoilers
it just dawned on me that there is no reference to that in the synopsis's. I would at least think it would merit a reference or episode title but that is a definite possibility that I didn't think about

Shawsie64

Banned

Episode 3.06 – The Climb

Any leaks of the synopses from episodes 3 to 5?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just caught up with the 2 episodes, great TV so far and I thoroughly enjoyed all the differences and new material. Season 2 was enjoyable even though it had a few things I didn't agree with, but this one is shaping up to be much better (also because of the source material). The show really feels like it's standing on its own feet now, and the cast, old and new, is hitting it out the park.

Jojen Reed is so cute, His eyes :3

http://i.imgur.com/21StdHk.gif
Yep!

[ASoS]
Yeah, he's more likeable in the TV series than the books, hah. I think that'll be in S4 though, I have a feeling the Meereen stuff (ASoS + ADwD) will be in S4. Especially since a late episode of S3 is called "Second Sons" and the last one is called "Mhysa", so I think the Dany arc will end at Yunkai for S3.

ADWD
it'll be pretty awesome when he meets Tyrion lmao

Trasher

Jojen Reed is so cute, His eyes :3

21StdHk.gif

Liam Neeson should make a cameo as Howland.

Episode 3.06 – The Climb

Melisandre being in those places is kinda worrisome to me... Not a big fan of them changing that storyline so much. I really wanted the Goat. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With the new synopsis' I guess that confirms that [episode 5/ASoS]
"Tyrion learns the cost of weddings" really is just him being the master of coin and having to find the money for Joffrey's wedding early next season? I also really think "Jaime is judged by men" is him losing his hand.

dubq

With the new synopsis' I guess that confirms that [episode 5/ASoS]
"Tyrion learns the cost of weddings" really is just him being the master of coin and having to find the money for Joffrey's wedding early next season? I also really think "Jaime is judged by men" is him losing his hand.
I would imagine it's also
Tyrion being forced into marriage with Sansa.

jett

D-Member

Episode 3.06 – The Climb

Espiode 7...

So that's what they're going to do with Gendry, huh. No idea how are they gonna get Melisandre all the way to wherever the hell Gendry is. I'm guessing he is going to get off'd?

dubq

Espiode 7...

So that's what they're going to do with Gendry, huh. No idea how are they gonna get Melisandre all the way to wherever the hell Gendry is. I'm guessing he is going to get off'd?

Well they had Littlefinger
travelling all over in season 2. Besides, plotting a route from Dragonstone to Hollow Hill isn't that complicated if you check out the maps.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Espiode 7...

My guess is that it won't be mentioned and just gets handwaved as fridge logic.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Was the traveling merchant that ran into Jamie and Brienne (the one whom Jamie suggested they kill) the same one who identified them to the Boltons? I don't recall the face.

Iksenpets

Banned
[ASoS]
Hmmm. I hope that doesn't mean Roose is the one who cuts off (or gives the order to) Jaime's hand. Hopefully it's the zealous "Locke" or his henchmen, and Roose tries to mitigate the Lannister's wrath about it the way it happens in the book. I want them to keep the "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" line at the Red Wedding. :)

I heard of Melisandre being around the BwB, which seems very odd to me, considering she has to end up at the Wall later.. I know they kinda had to replace/merge Edric Storm, but Gendry never learns his heritage in the books so that all seems very strange to me. On the plus side, Coldhands, yay!

I think Steelyuhas is correct, but that might happen too. Replacing
the dwarf woman's dreams with Mel's visions in the flames
might actually even work, if they do it right.

[Series & Show spoilers]
Reviewers who have only seen the first four episodes mentioned Jamie losing his hand, so that happens in episode 3 or 4, probably before he even meets Roose. My guess is Locke is unaware of Roose's plans to switch sides and so he takes it upon himself to ensure Jamie can't pull anymore stunts.

Was the traveling merchant that ran into Jamie and Brienne (the one whom Jamie suggested they kill) the same one who identified them to the Boltons? I don't recall the face.

Yeah, same guy. I was totally expecting them to cut his throat and throw him off the side of the bridge after "Give him his silver" too

[Series & Show spoilers]
Reviewers who have only seen the first four episodes mentioned Jamie losing his hand, so that happens in episode 3 or 4, probably before he even meets Roose. My guess is Locke is unaware of Roose's plans to switch sides and so he takes it upon himself to ensure Jamie can't pull anymore stunts.

ASOS
My fear is that the show will make Roose's betrayal too obvious. We'll see how it plays out though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
My fear is that the show will make Roose's betrayal too obvious. We'll see how it plays out though.

Agree fully.

They've made Robb a more front and center character than the books, and bits like with Catelyn in the last episode serve to make the both more sympathetic to the audience for when the wedding happens. I don't mind them doing it, because it has the potential to work out great. I really, really hope they don't blow it with too much foreshadowing. It needs to some as a total shock. I ignore the no book spoilers thread (don't even look at it), but I will be looking at it after that episode with a bit of perverse glee.

Pkaz01

Just saw the Nathalie Emmanuel gif in the sam tarly thread

ASOS
do we still get lesbian dany scenes? pleeaasseee do it with missandei the fandom would go insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom