• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartacus had 6 million weekly viewers according to Starz, and unlike the Game of Thrones television show is getting a video game.

Season 2 of GOT had about 11 million weekly views, and there have already been several video games based on the franchise. The show also murders in DVD sales and assumingly merchandise.

Not discrediting Spartacus' success, but GOT is a wildly larger show.

exYle

Season 2 of GOT had about 11 million weekly views, and there have already been several video games based on the franchise. The show also murders in DVD sales and assumingly merchandise.

Not discrediting Spartacus' success, but GOT is a wildly larger show.

There was more than one?

Also I am still lttp on the episode but I found out the guy singing the bair and the maiden fair at the beginning of the episode is the lead singer of Snow Patrol which I found kinda neat.

exYle

Blood of Dragons (2007), A Game of Thrones: Genesis (2011) and Game of Thrones: The Role-Playing Game (2012). All licensed on the books so Martin and not HBO gets the money.

Hahaha... it appears all of them are awful. How unfortunate

Enosh

Was laughing out loud throughout the entire council meeting scene, it was so incredibly hilarious.
made me hate tyrion even more
"no castely rock for me? omg you hate me and never give me anything!"
"me master of coins? omg you hate me and give me all the hard work"

Speaking of Gillen, Littlefinger speculation/ASOS spoilers
In the book, now that Littlefinger has left Kings Landing and now he stays nearby somewhere until Joffrey's wedding, then he grabs Sansa and they get out, correct? Now, in the show we know we see Lysa and Robin for an episode, so will Littlefinger presumingly to the Eyrie, and then come back for Joffrey's wedding? (On top of known appearances from those two characters, I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't see Gillen until sometime in the first half of next season.)

I think at this point it's safe to say that they'll write more material for that particular character. They've already done it before.

CassSept

Blood of Dragons (2007), A Game of Thrones: Genesis (2011) and Game of Thrones: The Role-Playing Game (2012). All licensed on the books so Martin and not HBO gets the money.

Are you sure? I'm pretty confident it was said that the 2012 RPG game reused some of the voice actors from the show and even some assets (Game of Thrones font, Iron Throne on the boxart).

ibuFJuVhwIfoGC.gif

Massa

made me hate tyrion even more
"no castely rock for me? omg you hate me and never give me anything!"
"me master of coins? omg you hate me and give me all the hard work"

How can anyone hate Tyrion?

Yep, I love the council characters antics and little plots so I had a blast. They all nailed it. One of my favorites scenes in the show so far too.

[ASOS]
I'll miss Littlefinger's interactions with Tyrion and Varys. Morbidly curious to see how Aidan Gillen will portray Petyr's all out Sansa creeper side though.

310px-Petyr_baelish_sansa_stark_HBO.jpg

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Didn't know there was a ASOIAF MUSH. Anyone here played Blood of Dragons?

Enosh

How can anyone hate Tyrion?
series spoiler
he becomes an unlikable twat when he kills his father and spends a whole book whining about how he wants to kill everyone and how he is the best man ever and all shall bow before his greatness

fuck tyrion
imho of course

series spoiler
he becomes an unlikable twat when he kills his father and spends a whole book whining about how he wants to kill everyone and how he is the best man ever and all shall bow before his greatness

fuck tyrion
imho of course

SERIES SPOILERS
literal Napoleon complex due to his size and people not giving him the time and place including his father. I can't completely blame him. He's been through a lot of shit.

series spoiler

fuck tyrion
imho of course

spoiler ASOS/ADWD
True but at the same time I think many people expected Tyrion to just be the same witty person and not be the complete emotional wreck he became in the early parts of ADWD. He is psychologically damaged and on the cusp of a complete breakdown when we meet him in ADWD, due to what he did ASOS and what was done to him by his family (and Shae). I thought that was great character development, and I would expect it from Martin.

He shows signs of the old Tyrion throughout the novel though, but never fully heals. That's why I loved the Penny stuff so much because for much of the novel Tyrion seemed almost dead to any idea of hope or joy, yet through helping Penny he began rebuilding himself while challenging her negative worldview

Dany

Banned
I have to say that the costumes per character is so much better than what they had for season 1. They created costumes for the characters and they've slowly transitioned in creating costumes that suit the actor. maybe it doesn't make sense but what everyone is wearing seems better.

i know the emmys are wack shit anyways but i'm still amazed that they nominate peter dinklage over the 3 or 4 far better supporting performances in boardwalk empire, or hell even theon in game of thrones.

peter dinklage just gets nominated because he's a dwarf and he's popular. dude wasn't even that great of an actor in this show.

i know the emmys are wack shit anyways but i'm still amazed that they nominate peter dinklage over the 3 or 4 far better supporting performances in boardwalk empire, or hell even theon in game of thrones.

peter dinklage just gets nominated because he's a dwarf and he's popular. dude wasn't even that great of an actor in this show.

Boardwalk is a mostly terrible show and shouldn't be awarded anything other than a cancellation.

Realistically no one from either show is doing award worthy work. Why should any actor from GoT win an award when most are in like 5-7 minutes of each episode they appear in?

Dany

Banned

man you're loco. Tyrion is the best character in the show and Dinklage carries the role masterfully.

Boardwalk is a mostly terrible show and shouldn't be awarded anything other than a cancellation.

tumblr_m3go57o9Hp1r49n0d.gif

Kadayi

Banned
So there's no way this pilot will ever see the light of day, even screens of Ehle as Catelyn or the other actress as Dany?

It would be fascinating to watch, but I suspect the likelihood is slim to none (that pilots probably in some deep dark vault in HBO headquarters). No personal complaints with Michelle Fairley as Catelyn, but I'd be really interested to see Ehle playing the role, and I'm kind of curious as to why she got replaced.

Boardwalks main problem is Steve Buscemi is such a weaselly character it's hard to seriously the idea that anyone would remotely be intimidated by him. The fight between him and his brother in one season was like couple of schoolboys slapping at each other. Rest of the casting has been great though.

Realistically no one from either show is doing award worthy work. Why should any actor from GoT win an award when most are in like 5-7 minutes of each episode they appear in?

i know you have your qualms with boardwalk's writing but come on, even you can't dispute richard harrow's performance.

or van alden

edit: i still wanna see the back to the future scenes with eric stoltz

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
When they used the "dracarys" moment in S2, I was annoyed, because... you know. I was also greatly annoyed at the stupid dragon theft plot and "where are mah dragons!!!" nonsense. Now I see I was right:

[ASoS]
"How lame would it be though, for this guy to give her all the Unsullied and then Dany just says that chant and has the Slaver burned?"
"Nobody with half a brain believes that Dany is going to give away one of her babies. Also, using them to burn the slave trader would be a bit trite."

So, by planting the idea that Dany would never ever part with a dragon at any cost, and spoiling the wonderful "dracarys" moment too early, it appears they will turn one of Dany's best scenes into a trite and predictable one. Way to go, showrunners. :\

Trasher

When they used the "dracarys" moment in S2, I was annoyed, because... you know. I was also greatly annoyed at the stupid dragon theft plot and "where are mah dragons!!!" nonsense. Now I see I was right:

[ASoS]
"How lame would it be though, for this guy to give her all the Unsullied and then Dany just says that chant and has the Slaver burned?"
"Nobody with half a brain believes that Dany is going to give away one of her babies. Also, using them to burn the slave trader would be a bit trite."

So, by planting the idea that Dany would never ever part with a dragon at any cost, and spoiling the wonderful "dracarys" moment too early, it appears they will turn one of Dany's best scenes into a trite and predictable one. Way to go, showrunners. :\

It was blatantly obvious in the books as well.
There was no way anyone could believe that she would actually sell a dragon...especially her most important dragon.

Not really a showrunner blunder as it is a GRRM blunder.

exYle

Man, you guys are negative. I feel pretty confident that that scene will be awesome to witness, predictable or not.

i know you have your qualms with boardwalk's writing but come on, even you can't dispute richard harrow's performance.

or van alden

edit: i still wanna see the back to the future scenes with eric stoltz

I know it's not quite what you meant (and you may already have heard this), but I think there's one Stoltz shot still in the movie. When Marty first jumps into the Deloreon to escape the Libyans, I think that's Stoltz.

Trasher

Man, you guys are negative. I feel pretty confident that that scene will be awesome to witness, predictable or not.

I agree. I don't think it was ever meant to be a surprise is all. Just because it isn't a surprise doesn't mean it won't still be cool. Not being negative. :/

I know it's not quite what you meant (and you may already have heard this), but I think there's one Stoltz shot still in the movie. When Marty first jumps into the Deloreon to escape the Libyans, I think that's Stoltz.

hmm, i'm gonna check that scene out again. stoltz was wearing this baller black jacket as marty mcfly in the behind the scenes stuff though

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It was blatantly obvious in the books as well.
There was no way anyone could believe that she would actually sell a dragon...especially her most important dragon.

Not really a showrunner blunder as it is a GRRM blunder.

[ASoS]
Actually, it wasn't that obvious. I strongly suspected that she wouldn't give it away for good, yes. But the way the POV chapter is written wasn't 100% indicative, and remember that this is GRRM and he likes to twist tropes around, so I thought it plausible that she'd make the sacrifice for the army.

And that isn't really my main complaint, the problem here is the dracarys scene. The way it was written was just an awesome twist, but it's been spoiled now.

Unless the show does something else other than dracarys, I guess... :S And I'd love to be so trusting in the showrunners that it will be awesome, but they have disappointed me pretty often so my hopes are low at this point. Then again so far Dany's story seems back on track compared to the disastrous S2, so maybe I should be cautiously optimistic...

hmm, i'm gonna check that scene out again. stoltz was wearing this baller black jacket as marty mcfly in the behind the scenes stuff though

I had never noticed it myself, and actually I may have wrong. I googled it and came to this site http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Stoltz. Apparently there is a shot of Stoltz there, but it's while he's driving and you can't really see his face.

Edit: And Stoltz definitely had the superior jacket. No Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary for him.

Snake

I think it'll be pretty awesome since the reviewers have singled it out as a great scene, and they as much as anyone would complain if *ASOS spoilers*
Dany's slaver BBQ was just a retread of what she did in the S2 finale.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I think it'll be pretty awesome since the reviewers have singled it out as a great scene, and they as much as anyone would complain if *ASOS spoilers*

Oh? Well, that's good to hear. :)

exYle

Even if it was basically a retread, it would be on a bigger scale, and seeing
the devastation of a city being razed to the ground with dragon and Unsullied should be great to see regardless. Don't get me wrong, I was still very disappointed that "dracarys" was wasted in S2, but if it turned out to just be a teaser for Astapor getting right fucked, then it will retroactively justify that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom