• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games for the week of 11/16...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
243517.jpg
243881.jpg
245574.jpg
B0001I9YGC.01-A1VC38T7YXB528.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

242328.jpg
243388x.jpg
243394x.jpg
243612.jpg
243514.jpg

240459x.jpg
281147b.jpg

243201.jpg
243247.jpg
245030.jpg
245953.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
VJ2 got bumped up? Good g-d, why? Is Capcom stupid?

I'm getting NDS, SM64 DS, VJ2, WoW LE, HL2 LE, MGS3, MP2E, BK, DKC2, and Pirates LE. To start.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
YES FIGHT CLUB AND BACK YARD WRESTLING 2 THIS IS TEH BESTST WEEK EVAR!!!!!!

I'm getting Capcom Fighting Evolution and Viewtiful Joe 2 for sure. Also want MGS3, Half-Life 2, and Vampire Bloodlines, but it depends on how much cash I have left over from the DS launch.

explodet

I remember last year when I made the Nov. 17/18 thread, it was HUGE. At least this year the game companies were decent enough not to release Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metroid Prime 2, Half-Life 2, World of Warcraft, etc. on the same day.

Fifty

Jeez, what a slow week :lol :lol :lol

I'll be picking up two this week out of

Metal Gear 3
Metroid Prime
Baten Kaitos
VJ 2
Ghost Recon (seriously doubt it....probably will get in a few months)

I'll probably end up with the top two titles.

Fifty

It's coming out on the 21st..... I thought Mario shipped then as well....but I knew quite a few other games were shipping on the 16th or so.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Mejilan said:
VJ2 got bumped up? Good g-d, why? Is Capcom stupid?

I'm getting NDS, SM64 DS, VJ2, WoW LE, HL2 LE, MGS3, MP2E, BK, DKC2, and Pirates LE. To start.

Pirates! is next week (ships on the 22nd according to EBgames).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bitwise said:
call of duty(xbox), vj2(gc) and the horrific blinx 2(xbox) are going to be on my plate

So are you using your $140 cash you received from trade ins to buy these games?

Wario64 said:
So are you using your $140 cash you received from trade ins to buy these games?

:lol :lol

MP2e and MGS3 are the only 2 stand outs in that list

Sad that VJ and BK are now buy when cheap titles. Sorry capcom + Namco. :)

Fifty

bitwise said:
call of duty(xbox), vj2(gc) and the horrific blinx 2(xbox) are going to be on my plate

You said you were getting food with that money....Now I know that you must be a robot that eats games.

If I actually had the time/desire to play all the games I wanted to, I would pick the following:

NFSU2
MP2
VJ2
MGS3
DS + SM64
HL2
BK

Not to mention Halo2 and GTA:SA from the past 2 weeks.

Since I usually travel a lot - I'll prolly just grab a DS + SM64... When are the next set of DS games coming out? Anything interesting?

Lyte Edge

ferricide said:
if you give me $30, i'll shit on you, instead of capcom. and at least, unlike CFE, it won't be something you've experienced before.

How do you know I haven't experienced that before?

:lol

Game looks good to me for what it is. I know it's a total rehash, but there are at least some characters that haven't been in a fighting game and new match-ups from characters that haven't been in the same game before.

Love the music too.

MoxManiac

Yeah, the music rocks. Much better than the trash in CvS2 and MvC2. And they actually chose characters I like, such as Urien and Alex. And the Warzard characters look fun.

Capcom!!!!!

MVS

Eggo said:
Pirates! is next week (ships on the 22nd according to EBgames).

The only Pirates you are going to be seeing for the next year are the midgets that inhabit the hills near IronForge.

JavyOO7

Metroid Prime 2, Baiten Kaitos, and now since Viewtiful Joe 2 is coming out (I did'nt even know it was coming so soon), I'm getting it too. That makes the following purchases from late October to November now...

Donkey Konga
Paper Mario 2
Pikmin 2
Billy Hatcher
WWE: Day of Reckoning (I'm surprised by this game, actually. Haven't watched wrestling in 2 years, but I've been apart of E-feds seemingly forever.)
Mario Power Tennis

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
Yeah, the music rocks. Much better than the trash in CvS2 and MvC2. And they actually chose characters I like, such as Urien and Alex. And the Warzard characters look fun.

Capcom!!!!!

And it's only $30? SOLD.

My only real complaint is that this game is lacking in characters; since they're reusing old characters, the game should have had at least 30 characters instead of 23.

But CFE looks to play well, and is at least something somewhat new after such a long fighting game hiatus from Capcom.

Neo-Geo Battle Colliseum really does look a lot more impressive though.

Dilbert

Well, I'm downloading Half-Life 2 right now...and the only other thing on the list that even SORT OF looks like a must-buy-now is Alien Hominid, which looks damn cool, even though I tend to suck at that type of game. Then again, I bought but haven't played a minute of Viewtiful Joe yet, so maybe it can wait.

This week is already taken care of. I bought Half Life 2 this morning at the local Best Buy but obviously I can't play it until Tuesday no thanks to Vivendi's asstastic internet lock and key protocol. Still, it's loaded and ready to go.

Now that I've got the big two (Halo 2 and Half Life 2), I probably won't be buying anything else for the rest of the year.

Chony

Holy shit @ this week.

Damn, no money. I just bought a new computer. At least I will be playing Half-Life 2 in style (silver package). I am getting a DS though and mario 64x4 (im weak).

I want:

Metroid Prime 2
Baten Kaitos
Donkey Kong Country 2
Alien Hominid

And there still is a backlog of games I want to buy, this year has been rough.

Mrbob

What a week.

But I'm just buying Half LIfe 2 for now.

I'll get MP2:E, MGS3, and Vampire at a later date.

Pachinko

I think I have enough games now for the year. I bought DOAU and Halo 2 , if I pick up anything it'll likely be paper mario 2 for cube. Anything else I deem slightly worthwhile will show up on an Xmas list I guess.

Z

zylo

Unconfirmed Member
dammit I'm so broke. I'm don't know whether I should get BK now or save the money for KH:COM in december.

Top Bottom