• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Seriously?

You're saying that Diffusion, Unknown and Syphon Filter are Xbox evangelicals ?

šŸ«¢
I played that XVI demo on a PS5 right when it dropped, and I thought it was going to have major problems. I was right. Recently I played the Visions of Mana demo on Xbox right when it dropped, and I also think it's going to have major problems. Literally been playing SQEX games since the 80s. Everyone has explained this to James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford multiple times and he refuses to ever adjust his attacks. Just pointless to engage when he gets like this.

I'm hearing NatetheHate was mad at the Forza Horizon 5 rumor and made this one up. Is that true?

I suppose you have actual facts, provided by third parties, of main AAA series releasing on Xbox day one and having unsatisfactory sales on the platform ?

I guess that's why Capcom decided to bring the Marvel collection to Xbox after seeing those amazing Street Fighter 6 sales over there...

....oh wait...šŸ˜Æ

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Butthurt clowns

Nobody was this anti- HFR or Sea of Thieves when they came to PS5 years later

They wouldnā€™t know a good game even if Phil finally decided to release one

Is this some kind of new reverse persecution complex, lol. Half or more people shitting on 16 in this thread aren't fond of Xbox based on their posting trends.

Or are you seriously saying that anyone whose played the game themselves simply can't dislike it and it *MUST* be console fanboys?

smh James.

sawyer dimples GIF

Imagine paying $70 for this game years late when you can preorder Kingdom Come 2 instead.
lol those are completely different games. What a weird comparison.

Imagine paying $70 for kingdom come when Fortnite is free.
I played that XVI demo on a PS5 right when it dropped, and I thought it was going to have major problems. I was right. Recently I played the Visions of Mana demo on Xbox right when it dropped, and I also think it's going to have major problems. Literally been playing SQEX games since the 80s. Everyone has explained this to James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford multiple times and he refuses to ever adjust his attacks. Just pointless to engage when he gets like this.
i played and got the plat on ff16. I donā€™t know what you consider ā€œmajorā€ problems but I didnā€™t see it. Was it perfect? No but major problems? Not even close.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
lol those are completely different games. What a weird comparison.

Imagine paying $70 for kingdom come when Fortnite is free.

i played and got the plat on ff16. I donā€™t know what you consider ā€œmajorā€ problems but I didnā€™t see it. Was it perfect? No but major problems? Not even close.
Look, if you like the game, that's awesome. I'm not trying to change your mind. What I get annoyed with is people trying to REALLY AGGRESSIVELY change my mind or act like I'm just inventing my opinion out of thin air or need to be constantly insulted personally for just having an opinion different from theirs. Lots of people like XVI and more power to them.

Lots of other people didn't like it, and they acted like they were somehow surprised after buying the game. All the issues they talk about were evident in that demo, and I pointed a lot of it out and got attacked constantly about it. A lot of that early criticism was muted or completely drowned out from all conversation because of attacks like these, and they're still going on just because of the rumor of a late port. It's mental.

If you want to know what issues I had, I posted in the OT but it's not important since you don't agree.

When did you decide to shit out this straw man argument?

If youā€™re not the evangelists immediately writing this off because it didnā€™t release day 1 on your platform, no need to make the false claim that Iā€™m staying this position for everyone that owns an Xbox
You're the one doing it. I'm just calling you out on it. We can have an actual discussion if you want to actually have one, that's entirely up to you. Bring a genuine question or point forward, in that case.

Butthurt clowns

Nonsense like this is what makes it impossible to have a conversation, if you're starting things from a place of not being interested in anything remotely serious. So if you're going to come in with silliness like this, prepare to be called out on it.

Last edited:

Imagine if you gave this much criticism to your 10/10 GoTY Hellblade 2 as you did FF16

Because I can assure you, one is a good game and the other is absolute nonsense

//DEVIL//

YESSSS
its time the Xbox fans enjoy the game at horrible 30 fps with frame pacing issues and a performance mode that only ready 60 fps when you look at the sky and makes the game look like a ps3 game.

The only HOPE this can be played is probably on PC. Assuming they donā€™t fuck up the release there too

//DEVIL//

No, originally FFVII Remake was only Playstation exclusive for one year, and everyone's expectation was that it would be coming to Xbox after that. Something obviously changed though, presumably Sony moneyhatting.

So at least for now. Both games are PlayStation exclusive .

Obviously as you mentioned something was changed as it was written on the box to be console exclusive for a period of time. But that has changed and now itā€™s fully PlayStation exclusive .

I am going to guess the third one is the same too.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Man, when James sinks his teeth into a stupid argument, he just canā€™t let it go. Itā€™s like the Steam store statement all over again.

Wow your reading comprehension is as bad as Punished Miku Punished Miku ā€™s composure

I copied you to show you why your previous comments were wrong, not to claim you are part of that group
So, I've noticed you still can't admit to making a blanket generalization, despite proof as bolded.
Butthurt clowns

This has been fun, tho!

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

So at least for now. Both games are PlayStation exclusive .

Obviously as you mentioned something was changed as it was written on the box to be console exclusive for a period of time. But that has changed and now itā€™s fully PlayStation exclusive .

I am going to guess the third one is the same too.

I know it changed. That's what I said

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Xbox FF fans better buy the fuck out of this.
Even if 100% of Xbox final fantasy do, it will get them a few thousand sales

My GOTY 2023 tho I loved the GoT season 1-4 blended with Naruto kinda writing for the story plus epic bosses plus willing to have strong male lead and not make Jill some Mary Sue and actually lean on others plus the godly score

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Doesn't it drop to 720p on PS5, afaik? If yes, do you really think it will be fixed 720p on S?

Yes, seems to drop to 720p (and stays there) during combat.

It turns out that when the developers mentioned they were targeting 60fps in battle only, they meant exactly that. The second you initiate combat, the internal resolution drops like a stone, hitting as low as 720p in the process. Image quality takes a gigantic hit and the game winds up looking more like an oil painting - but the frame-rate smooths out considerably. My theory is that the developers intentionally increase detail while exploring the world then dial back resolution and perhaps disable certain world simulation features to ensure smooth performance in combat.

Series S can be at or around with DRS with 30 FPS. The PS5 version is locked during combat, they drop it to 720p to avoid frame rate issues, keeping a generous overhead, IMO.

Metnut

FF16 87 metacritic 8.1 user score
FF7Rebirth 92 metacritic 8.9 user score

Starfield 83 metacritic 6.8 user score
Hellblade 2 80 metacritic 7.4 user score

Lol at the deluded Xbox troll shitting on FF16 and PS5 timed exclusives. FF16 is flawed sure, but critics and gamers each like it a lot more than XBoxes most recent biggest releases.

NateTheHate knows far less than he lets on. And he's wrong just as often as he's right. Although I will acknowledge that he is an actual insider, who does know some things. But it's usually Nintendo-centric, and never anything major.

Yeah, he is probably a C/C+ for me in terms of gaming rumormongers. It'll be hard for anyone to beat that Gestridmos/Discord leaker this decade tho, feels like.

Because a collection of oldies definitely counts as a main AAA series.

Just proving my point: if SF6 sales were bad on Xbox, and that was a AAA release, then there's no point releasing a collection of much older fighting games on the platform.

Because the sales for that collection would just be abysmal, not worth the effort, and could easily be made up for on other platforms.

The Series S version will be interesting to see. Isnt the performance mode already like 720p on PS5 or something?

There won't be a Series S version.

Exemption clause incoming...

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I don't know how the character design still thinks black leather, chains, scars and hair gel is still cool and edgy. Xbox have not been missing a lot the game is everage at best imo.

Edit: the worst is the writing. They've gotta stop trying to be edging and cool. Many scenes are so cringe you can feel it crawling under your skin.

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
Just proving my point: if SF6 sales were bad on Xbox, and that was a AAA release, then there's no point releasing a collection of much older fighting games on the platform.
You are not proving anything except that you like to imagine a link between a major AAA series and some minor collection. Nobody is challenging the fact that small releases that make low sales are harder to turn into a profit on Xbox. If SF6 makes poor sales on Xbox, which Capcom have never communicate about, then they will skip Xbox with SF7. But let's look at the facts here : sales on Xbox were good enough for Sony to actually pay to privatize SF5, so this is definitely a fantasy scenario you made up.

diffusionx

Gold Member
You are not proving anything except that you like to imagine a link between a major AAA series and some minor collection. Nobody is challenging the fact that small releases that make low sales are harder to turn into a profit on Xbox. If SF6 makes poor sales on Xbox, which Capcom have never communicate about, then they will skip Xbox with SF7. But let's look at the facts here : sales on Xbox were good enough for Sony to actually pay to privatize SF5, so this is definitely a fantasy scenario you made up.

Yea, with SF4, the 360 version was very popular. It might have sold better than the PS3 one. But that was almost 20 years ago. Different world.

mildshock.gif

Game is meh. Started super strong and the just fizzled out. Never bothered to finish it.
I would argue that you can just play the demo and get the best part of the game.

Last edited:
Imagine if you gave this much criticism to your 10/10 GoTY Hellblade 2 as you did FF16

Because I can assure you, one is a good game and the other is absolute nonsense
I've noticed that you tend to do two things on this forum, over & over again:
  1. You lump people in with one another and make blanket generalizations, and then you refuse to acknowledge that you've done so.
  2. You never leave the door open to allow for the fact that not everyone sees things the way you do, and that not everyone agrees with you. You state your opinions as if they're facts.
You do these two things over and over again, all the time.

It's very odd and off-putting, to be candid.

Well, for starters SF6 sales on Xbox would in fact inform whether it's worth porting the Marvel fighting games, because Capcom can assume that the Marvel collection will sell some fraction of what SF6 did, and assume that ratio would be similar across platforms versus SF6 sales on those same platforms.

We don't have SF6 sales splits for Xbox (yet), but they'll probably leak in the future. Going by other leaks, I would just say to brace yourselves for rough impact. The game probably did not move mountains on Xbox, which would make sense because it's a global franchise and Xbox is not a global console brand.

The "good Xbox sales" for SF were with Street Fighter 4, and apparently that didn't mean much to Microsoft because when they had the choice to help fund Capcom games at the start of XBO, they chose Dead Rising 3 over Street Fighter 5. Sony cared more about the IP, so they chose SF5. Exclusivity was decided on by both SIE and Capcom, so it's funny how only SIE/Sony get the "blame" for SFV being a PS4 console exclusive šŸ¤”

cireza

Gold Member
Well, for starters SF6 sales on Xbox would in fact inform whether it's worth porting the Marvel fighting games, because Capcom can assume that the Marvel collection will sell some fraction of what SF6 did, and assume that ratio would be similar across platforms versus SF6 sales on those same platforms.

We don't have SF6 sales splits for Xbox (yet), but they'll probably leak in the future. Going by other leaks, I would just say to brace yourselves for rough impact. The game probably did not move mountains on Xbox, which would make sense because it's a global franchise and Xbox is not a global console brand.

The "good Xbox sales" for SF were with Street Fighter 4, and apparently that didn't mean much to Microsoft because when they had the choice to help fund Capcom games at the start of XBO, they chose Dead Rising 3 over Street Fighter 5. Sony cared more about the IP, so they chose SF5. Exclusivity was decided on by both SIE and Capcom, so it's funny how only SIE/Sony get the "blame" for SFV being a PS4 console exclusive šŸ¤”
More speculation and wishful thinking on your part. Whatever the sales split will be, you will be there saying it wasn't good enough for SF6 on Xbox, whatever Capcom may/may not say.

All of your argumentation is based purely on conclusions you are drawing despite games being released on Xbox and prooving the exact opposite. By your logic, why even release SF6 on Xbox then ? Especially when Sony enforced its community moving on PS.

Capcom never needed help to fund main series such as Dead Rising and Street Fighter, this is all an illusion, and a quick cash grab for them.

Last edited:
More speculation and wishful thinking on your part. Whatever the sales split will be, you will be there saying it wasn't good enough for SF6 on Xbox, whatever Capcom may/may not say.

Companies like Capcom aren't gonna come right out and say "yeah, the sales on Xbox sucked". They don't want to alienate a platform holder publicly.

But we don't need them to do that. The numbers will speak for themselves, just like in the leaks. After all the hoorah over SFV and pent-up demand for SF on Xbox, you'd better hope Xbox's sales splits are at least 1/3rd PlayStation's (or more importantly, revenue is 1/3rd PlayStation's) else this is just gonna look funny.

All of your argumentation is based purely on conclusions you are drawing despite games being released on Xbox and prooving the exact opposite. By your logic, why even release SF6 on Xbox then ? Especially when Sony enforced its community moving on PS.

What games have released on Xbox proving the exact opposite?

Specifically, Japanese games or games from Capcom?

Capcom never needed help to fund main series such as Dead Rising and Street Fighter, this is all an illusion, and a quick cash grab for them.

Actually denying history. Wow. So Capcom weren't in a bad financial state in the early 2010's due to several mistakes and HD game dev costs on 360/PS3?

OK then.

Top Bottom