• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Gamepass for giggles
Troll Dancing GIF
That would be cosmic karma for me being an idiot and buying the version with the season pass on a sale a couple of weeks ago.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That would be cosmic karma for me being an idiot and buying the version with the season pass on a sale a couple of weeks ago.
Play the games you want to play when you want to play them. The majority of games will never see gampass. I can't even get close to the headspace of some where they say "wait for gamepass"

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Play the games you want to play when you want to play them. The majority of games will never see gampass. I can't even get close to the headspace of some where they say "wait for gamepass"
Because almost no game is worth playing at launch, and if we’re already waiting, might as well wait for ps+ or gamepass.

pasterpl

Never been fan of finantal fantasy games. It is not something that will bring lots of western players to the platform. it might help square though.

Ozzie666

It's like the complete opposite of 7, full of meaningless side quests and REALLY bad pacing. Nice to look at, combat is 'okay' once you unlock most things and it clicks gets better, epic cinematic fights and music.
Worth playing, but did not meet expectations for the most part.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Because almost no game is worth playing at launch, and if we’re already waiting, might as well wait for ps+ or gamepass.
Many games will never see gamepass or ps+ though that is my other point. I remember some guy saying he was waiting to play Resident Evil Village on gamepass. He's still waiting. In the meantime, he's missing out on a great game IMO. This is also why xbox game sales are largely abysmal.

StueyDuck

People be crazy.
Ffxvi was a great game, genuine fantastic OST. Xbox fans are gonna enjoy it.

All 5 of you who will buy it 🤣

But seriously though it's a great game, don't let the haters turn you off just cause it's not turnbased. The only issue is that it really is long in the tooth if you plan on doing more than just mainline quests, I had a thread about blabbering pointless filler side quests and this game was one of the offenders at the time

StueyDuck

My current headspace is, wait for the real version 1.0 months after everything is fixed and the game is reasonably priced.

What happens is usually by that time it does end up popping on some game service somewhere and if it doesn't I'm buying the game at a decent price and it works.

I mostly did this with PC titles but it's become a habit now, only got ff7 rebirth in that sale recently, not long after release all things considered and was contemplating getting crisis core too then bam... appeared on ps premium or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Hudo

I hope that isn't true. Final Fantasy is a PlayStation game since PS1. PS3 has hard time, so many of games like Final Fantasy or Devil My Cry go multiplatform, but now, while PlayStation is on the top, is time to back home.
Square is a third-party publisher and should try to make their IPs as popular and available as possible. Chaining themselves to Playstation in this day and age is stupid. Final Fantasy deserves to be on as many platforms as feasible.

Last edited:

skit_data

Gold Member
It has some of the highest highs in any of the games I've played this gen, some truly jaw dropping moments. It also has some worst filler sidequests in any game in recent memory mixed with some truly great ones with no way of knowing which ones are worthwhile. One hell of an OST. Very compelling story for the first hours that sadly didn't quite live up to its potential.

A solid 8/10

Last edited:

Mownoc

Unless this launches on gamepass almost no one on xbox is playing this.

Too little too late. Everyone knows its shit now.

You can't win sales at a later date on xbox once every one knows your gane is mediocre.
You can't win sales on Xbox would have been a more succinct and accurate statement.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
If true, I wouldn’t listen to the downers on this game, I thought it was really good, and a proper spectacle at times. There have been som QoL additions that have helped too, especially with side quests, in that you can just go straight back to the quest giver once it has been completed.

I’d say it would be a good get for Xbox gamers.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Why should we ? Game barely looks like FF and Square preferred taking that precious Sony money rather than supporting Xbox and it's fans. They can keep their turd.
And if this barely moves the needle on Xbox, they're going to keep all their future turds.

Skifi28

Why should we ? Game barely looks like FF and Square preferred taking that precious Sony money rather than supporting Xbox and it's fans. They can keep their turd.
Always hilarious when people act like their feeling were hurt because a game released later on their platform.

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
And if this barely moves the needle on Xbox, they're going to keep all their future turds.
How Square run their business is up to them. If they prefer making exclusivity deals rather than releasing on all platforms, then it's their decision. But they can't complain about late ports not selling years later. The vast majority of third parties have stopped such practices on their major franchises, and a quick look at SEGA financial results proves them right.

Mownoc

You confused Xbox with Playstation.

FF16 is Forspoken 2.0, but when it was PS-exclusive it seemed to be the best thing that ever happened to PS when reading through this forum. Given its lackluster lineup, that doesn't surprise me one bit though.
Wow, the sequel to forspoken got 87 on metacritic! What a glow-up!

cireza

Gold Member
Always hilarious when people act like their feeling were hurt because a game released later on their platform.
Or, maybe, it is actually about Square showing some respect to their userbase on Xbox and me having some principles, like not accepting being taken for a fool. All gamers out there don't accept the same standards, like for example, accepting to buy at full price a remaster of a game from previous gen that is already BC on the console.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
All phill had to do was write a check. Final fantasy not being on Xbox is xboxs fault. The game is good btw. No need to be salty just because you can't play it.

Skifi28

Or, maybe, it is actually about Square showing some respect to their userbase on Xbox and me having some principles, like not accepting being taken for a fool. All gamers out there don't accept the same standards, like for example, accepting to buy at full price a remaster of a game from previous gen that is already BC on the console.
Like a said, putting your feelings into it is unfathomable. It's just a business decision, has nothing to do with respecting anyone. It's a late port, the entire video game industry has been build on games being ported to other paltforms later and I bet you yourself have happily bought many of them over the years. FF games didn't start being on xbox until what, the 360? I guess people shouldn't have bought any of them from that point onwards "on principle" for not being respected. Stop buying the Yakuza games too, fucking Sega giving xbox users scraps after two decades of exclusivity.

cireza

Gold Member
Like a said, putting your feelings into it is unfathomable. It's just a business decision, has nothing to do with respecting anyone. It's a late port, the entire video game industry has been build on games being ported to other paltforms later and I bet you yourself have happily bought many of them over the years. FF games didn't start being on xbox until what, the 360? I guess people shouldn't have bought any of them from that point onwards "on principle" for not being respected. Stop buying the Yakuza games too, fucking Sega giving xbox users scraps after two decades of exclusivity.
I actually have never bought a Yakuza game. However you are changing the argument out of bad faith here. It is not about finally releasing games on a console. It is about releasing them, and suddenly taking them away from it.

The only thing being hurt here is Square's business. You can't set up expectations by making your mainline entries release day and date 4 times in a row and then say "fuck you guys" by accepting a dumb exclusivity deal.

If you want to further enforce such practices, then good for you. Personally I don't want any of this in the video-games I consume.

All phill had to do was write a check. Final fantasy not being on Xbox is xboxs fault. The game is good btw. No need to be salty just because you can't play it.
No, the game sucks. We have known this for 2 years now.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I actually have never bought a Yakuza game.

The only thing being hurt here is Square's business. You can't set up expectations by making your mainline entries release day and date 4 times in a row and then say "fuck you guys" by accepting a dumb exclusivity deal.

If you want to further enforce such practices, then good for you. Personally I don't want any of this in the video-games I consume.

No, the game sucks. We have known this for 2 years now.
I've played it and disagree. Reviews also disagree. You're in a salty minority because it's not coming to Xbox. If this was on gamepass day one you and others like you would be calling this the best ff ever.

Skifi28

On Xbox I have started buying FF games with XIII, then XIII-2, then LR, then XV. Haven't bought any other.
I'm not sure I understand your "principles". I think you've just decided that 16 sucks so it's easy to take the high road, but if it was something you were dying to play you'd be signing a different tune and be more than happy for a late port.

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
I've played it and disagree. Reviews also disagree. You're in a salty minority because it's not coming to Xbox. If this was on gamepass day one you and others like you would be calling this the best ff ever.
I am not interested in Gamepass as far as I am concerned. I buy my games. You can keep your 3 years old warrior arguments for someone else.

cireza

Gold Member
I'm not sure I understand your "principles". I think you've just decided that 16 sucks so it's easy to take the high road, but if it was something you were dying to play you'd be signing a different tune and be more than happy for a late port.
If their game was so good, Square would have not signed a deal to begin with. They would have most probably seen the potential and knew how to maximize profit. Deals are used to mitigate risks.

Last edited:
Too little too late. Everyone knows its shit now.

You can't win sales at a later date on xbox once every one knows your gane is mediocre.

Pretty much. This is like releasing a movie on a streaming platform and then releasing it a couple years later into select theaters. No one is going do go watch it.

Top Bottom