• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I am not interested in Gamepass as far as I am concerned. I buy my games. You can keep your 3 years old warrior arguments for someone else.
Sure. I believe you. If it came to Xbox day one then. You'd be sucking this games balls.
If their game was so good, Square would have not signed a deal to begin with. They would have most probably seen the potential and knew how to maximize profit.
Xbox gamers don't buy games. That's why they didn't bother.

Skifi28

If their game was so good, Square would have not signed a deal to begin with. They would have most probably seen the potential and knew how to maximize profit.
All your arguments are based on the belief that the game universally sucks, which is not really the case. Plenty of games considered good have exclusivity deals attached to them.

Edit: Freaking Rockstar doesn't release their games on all platforms and ports them over a year later, it's not an indication of quality or potential sales.

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
Sure. I believe you. If it came to Xbox day one then. You'd be sucking this games balls.
Probably as much as with Yakuza games, in which I never had any interest to begin with.

Be content with your mediocre exclusive, but don't expect others to want to play it.

This late release, if it happens, will totally flop on Xbox. But this isn't because of Xbox players, and we all know it.

Still we can probably exchange turds. We will give you Hellblade or Starfield and you will give us FF XVI. Nobody wins !

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Probably as much as with Yakuza games, in which I never had any interest to begin with.

Be content with your mediocre exclusive, but don't expect others to want to play it.

This late release, if it happens, will totally flop on Xbox. But this isn't because of Xbox players, and we all know it.

But we can probably exchange turds. We will give you Hellblade or Starfield and you will give us FF XVI. Nobody wins !
It'll absolutely be the fault of Xbox players. Just like every other ff game flopping on their hardware. The game is objectively good. Your opinion is yours and a literal handful of others. 87 on meta and an 8.1 user score. Not a classic by any means but great.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I suppose you have actual facts, provided by third parties, of main AAA series releasing on Xbox and having unsatisfactory sales on the platform ?
Asking GHG for receipts?

OEmboM9.gif

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It's amazing that everyone shitting on this game in this thread are also Xbox evangelicals. What a coincidence!
I already beat this game. Played it a couple months ago. I would buy it if it was on a significant sale since I have every other FF game on Xbox. They waited too long for me to buy this full price. Its been $30 on PS for a while.

If they bring Star Ocean I'll get that day 1. Or pixel remaster. I'd probably even get VIIR-2 if it had 1 for free, despite not really liking VII

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I already beat this game. Played it a couple months ago. I would buy it if it was on a significant sale since I have every other FF game on Xbox. They waited too long for me to buy this full price. Its been $30 on PS for a while.

If they bring Star Ocean I'll get that day 1. Or pixel remaster.
I'll play it again on PC. For those extra frames and (hopefully) ultrawide support.

GHG

Gold Member
I suppose you have actual facts, provided by third parties, of main series releasing on Xbox and having unsatisfactory sales on the platform ?

We got plenty of information from the Capcom data breach.

Okami:

Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

Ace attorney:

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

Onimusha:

PS4 – 207,453
Switch – 111,869
Xbox One – 39,802
PC – 34,331

Monster hunter world:

Base game:

Playstation - 8.693 million
PC - 5.953 million
Xbox - 1.789 million

Iceborne:

Playstation - 4.545 million
PC - 2.450 million
Xbox - 448k

We also get an idea from the weekly and monthly sales threads here. Not sure why you're in denial about this.

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member

Okami:

Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

Ace attorney:

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

Onimusha:

PS4 – 207,453
Switch – 111,869
Xbox One – 39,802
PC – 34,331

Monster hunter world:

Base game:

PC - 5.953 million
Xbox - 1.789 million

Iceborne:

PC - 2.450 million
Xbox - 448k

We also get an idea from the weekly and monthly sales threads here. Not sure why you're in denial about this.
The first 3 games are minor games, Monster Hunter is supposed to be bad at 2 millions ?

You making assumptions of failure is different than the publishers confirming themselves that the sales are unsatisfactory.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The first 3 games are minor games, Monster Hunter is supposed to be bad at 2 millions ?

Under 2 million.

Why are you ignoring the context of the sales vs the numbers it's done on the other platforms and the respective hardware sales splits?

The ratios for monster hunter have it at 4.8:1 for Playstation against xbox sales for the base game. It's even worse for the expansion at 10.1:1.

The sales numbers are not representative of the difference in platform hardware sales, or did i miss something where the PS4 suddenly outsold the Xbox One by 5:1 (or even 10:1)?

Darsxx82

You making assumptions of failure is different than the publishers confirming themselves that the sales are unsatisfactory.
Especially when those same publishers announce and release every subsequent game in the series..... There is no better proof than that.

When you see people discuss the appropriateness of Japanese Studios and publishers releasing their games on XBOX it has more to do with their discomfort with it being released on the specific X platform and not so much with his "concern" with the potential profitability of the port, which only the editor himself knows about, and I don't think they are stupid now when in the X360 and XBO generations they had no problem deciding not to release those games on XBOX. 🤷🏻

Last edited:

StueyDuck

It has some of the highest highs in any of the games I've played this gen, some truly jaw dropping moments. It also has some worst filler sidequests in any game in recent memory mixed with some truly great ones with no way of knowing which ones are worthwhile. One hell of an OST. Very compelling story for the first hours that sadly didn't quite live up to its potential.

A solid 8/10
Hey, I found someone else in this thread who has actually played this game.

Literally everything skit_data says is on point and mimics how I felt with the game

PatientGamer

Gold Member
I don't even see why they'd bother, it'd sell like 5 units lol.

That said FF16 was one of my favourite FF games, and I've played most of them apart from 13 and the online ones.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
How about they keep FFsucksteen and give us DQ12 instead? Who do we call to negotiate? 🤣

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
Under 2 million.

Why are you ignoring the context of the sales vs the numbers it's done on the other platforms and the respective hardware sales splits?

The ratios for monster hunter have it at 4.8:1 for Playstation against xbox sales for the base game. It's even worse for the expansion at 10.1:1.

The sales numbers are not representative of the difference in platform hardware sales, or did i miss something where the PS4 suddenly outsold the Xbox One by 5:1 (or even 10:1)?
And yet we still have to see a confirmation from Capcom themselves that this was unsatisfactory.

The day they will skip Xbox on a major franchise without exclusivity deals involved will speak for itself. But until then, these are only assumptions you make.

And yet we still have to see a confirmation from Capcom themselves that this was unsatisfactory.

The day they will skip Xbox on a major franchise without exclusivity deals involved will speak for itself. But until then, these are only assumptions you make.

The worst ratio’d game on that list is Ace Attorney and its sales were so unsatisfactory that… a new Ace collection is coming to Xbox in a few weeks. It’s almost as if even though these games sell less on Xbox than other platforms, they apparently are still making enough for publishers to deem it worthwhile. Despite what the GAF keyboard analysts think after reading UK boxed sales charts.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The worst ratio’d game on that list is Ace Attorney and its sales were so unsatisfactory that… a new Ace collection is coming to Xbox in a few weeks. It’s almost as if even though these games sell less on Xbox than other platforms, they apparently are still making enough for publishers to deem it worthwhile. Despite what the GAF keyboard analysts think after reading UK boxed sales charts.
When you see some of the absolute no name small indie stuff that makes it to the Xbox Store every day, the idea that SQEX can't even port their biggest and most mainstream series over is pretty absurd. If they really can't be bothered, it's their loss. No one owes them a purchase.

But anyway, if people want to get the game, by all means go for it. I gave it a 7.5. It's certainly a very nice looking game, but has some major flaws as well. I've played far worse than XVI. The annoying thing (as usual) is just the arrogance of PS fans demanding Xbox fans buy this game like SQEX is owed our money.

Metaphor is coming out day 1. Kingdom Come 2 is coming out day 1. Stalker 2. The list goes on and on. SQEX has to compete like anyone else, and they're doing a poor job of it. I already bought Dragon Quest 3 HD, because that's up day 1 and it looks good.

Last edited:

Okami:

Switch - 600K
PC - 536K
PS3 - 529K
PS4 - 445K
X1 - 121K

Ace attorney:

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

Onimusha:

PS4 – 207,453
Switch – 111,869
Xbox One – 39,802
PC – 34,331

Monster hunter world:

Base game:

PC - 5.953 million
Xbox - 1.789 million

Iceborne:

PC - 2.450 million
Xbox - 448k

Nice. I will quote this whenever someone says it will sell 2 copies on Xbox.

Receipts.

GHG

Gold Member

Capcom are skipping Xbox with multiple upcoming releases, actions speak louder than words.

It's not just Capcom either (from 9 minutes onwards) :

If you're too lazy to skip:

I don't understand how you can't see the irony of all this here. On one hand you've got yourself and a few others in this thread bragging about not buying (or not wanting to buy) games, including the one this very topic is about. But yet at the same time, on the other hand you're all in a deep state of denial when it comes to the state of game sales on the platform (especially when viewed in comparison to the sales on other platforms where those same games are available).

If you don't want the situation to continue to unfold as it has been the you have the power to change it.

Last edited:

Roberts

I think I am done buying FF games. Tried at least 4 or 5 in the past and they annoy me more than anything and would most likely choose Forspoken (deep sale, mind you) over this if it came to xbox.

When you see some of the absolute no name small indie stuff that makes it to the Xbox Store every day, the idea that SQEX can't even port their biggest and most mainstream series over is pretty absurd. If they really can't be bothered, it's their loss. No one owes them a purchase.

But anyway, if people want to get the game, by all means go for it. I gave it a 7.5. It's certainly a very nice looking game, but has some major flaws as well. I've played far worse than XVI. The annoying thing (as usual) is just the arrogance of PS fans demanding Xbox fans buy this game like SQEX is owed our money.

Metaphor is coming out day 1. Kingdom Come 2 is coming out day 1. Stalker 2. The list goes on and on. SQEX has to compete like anyone else, and they're doing a poor job of it. I already bought Dragon Quest 3 HD, because that's up day 1 and it looks good.

It’s a weird mentality. For example there’s a large thread right now on page one about a big Xbox game coming to PS5 and most are speculating Starfield. Will you see a swarm of Xbox users demanding PS5 users buy whatever game it ends up being? No, who gives a shit.

cireza

Gold Member
Capcom are skipping Xbox with multiple upcoming releases, actions speak louder than words.

It's not just Capcom either (from 9 minutes onwards) :

If you're too lazy to skip:

I don't understand how you can't see the irony of all this here. On one hand you've got yourself and a few others in this thread bragging about not buying (or not wanting to buy) games, including the one this very topic is about. But yet at the same time, on the other hand you're all in a deep state of denial when it comes to the state of game sales on the platform (especially when viewed in comparison to the sales on other platforms where those same games are available).

If you don't want the situation to continue to unfold as it has been the you have the power to change it.

I am already using the "power" I have to buy games I like when publishers are not thinking of me as a second choice to try to mitigate their poor business decisions.

As a lot of Xbox players, enough it seems for Capcom to keep releasing games on the platform, I have been buying their major games such as Resident Evil 2 and 3 for example.

They are skipping some minor games. I don't see any confirmation from Capcom that they are unsatisfied with sales of their bigger games here.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I am already using the "power" I have to buy games I like when publishers are not thinking of me as a second choice to try to mitigate their business decisions.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face. Being petty about all of this won't be of any benefit to you.

As a lot of Xbox players, enough it seems for Capcom to keep releasing games on the platform, I have been buying their major games such as Resident Evil 2 and 3 for example.

They are skipping some minor games. I don't see any confirmation from Capcom that they are unsatisfied with sales of their bigger games here.

The sales splits are there for everyone to see, including for the bigger games.

And this whole "bigger" vs "smaller" games thing isn't the boon you think it is. If only the bigger games have a chance in hell of selling at all on the Xbox platform then that's pretty damning in itself. What do you think that says about the userbase and their buying habits? And what signal do you think that sends to publishers?

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I hope that isn't true. Final Fantasy is a PlayStation game since PS1. PS3 has hard time, so many of games like Final Fantasy or Devil My Cry go multiplatform, but now, while PlayStation is on the top, is time to back home.
Only FF8 was exclusive that gen.

Darsxx82

It is the ignorance about Xbox catalogue for some here.

The reality is that NEVER, in any previous generation of XBOX were so many games and of all origins released on an XBOX console. Before the news was that great series and IPs like Yakuza, Monster Hunter, Persona, Dragon Quest etc, etc... were not released on Xbox. Now the controversy is whether collections of retro games and minor indi games are not launched.

As you say, you just have to go to the thread of updated Japanese or Asian game releases on Xbox in Era and your head will explode seeing complete super-niche series coming to Xbox for the first time. And here they tell you that this happens out of simple charity and not because there could be the publisher's belief that the ports could have the possibility of being profitable.🤷🏻

cireza

Gold Member
Cutting your nose off to spite your face. Being petty about all of this won't be of any benefit to you.

The sales splits are there for everyone to see, including for the bigger games.

And this whole "bigger" vs "smaller" games thing isn't the boon you think it is. If only the bigger games have a chance in hell of selling at all on the Xbox platform then that's pretty damning in itself. What do you think that says about the userbase and their buying habits? And what signal do you think that sends to publishers?
It is not sending anything for us to see right now. Publishers have always been inconsistent with smaller games, which is understandable, and pretty constant with big games, except when Sony pay to privatize a game. Nothing about this has changed to this date.

Last edited:
As someone that only joined in on FF when they turned to action combat, I like FF16 more than the 7 remakes. But both are great.
Still gotta get around to buying the FF16 DLC. Is it all out yet?

clem84

Gold Member
I tried it for an hour. I said try because 'play' wouldn't be the right word for it. I had to put it down. I knew it wasn't for me. The game is buried in cut-scenes.

Booooring. I would much, much rather than FFVII Remake & Rebirth ports. Don't care about 16 at all. Those would be insta-buys for me. I'm not buying a PS5 just to play FFVII remakes.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Butthurt clowns

Nobody was this anti- HFR or Sea of Thieves when they came to PS5 years later

They wouldn’t know a good game even if Phil finally decided to release one
I bought FF XVI day 1 on PS5, I don’t own an Xbox, and I thought the game sucks horribly. Lots of us were sorely disappointed with it. I’d consider it maybe my biggest gaming disappointment tied with Spore.

Have a look at the OT for yourself, reactions were all over the place and many of us liked the game less and less as we got further into it.

I bought FF XVI day 1 on PS5, I don’t own an Xbox, and I thought the game sucks horribly. Lots of us were sorely disappointed with it. I’d consider it maybe my biggest gaming disappointment tied with Spore.

Have a look at the OT for yourself, reactions were all over the place and many of us liked the game less and less as we got further into it.

That’s cool, I can go into a Zelda thread and find the same reactions

Yes, we are all exactly the same and think exactly like one another without any difference of opinion. Because that's how things work.

Smh just grow up, dude. For real

When did you decide to shit out this straw man argument?

If you’re not the evangelists immediately writing this off because it didn’t release day 1 on your platform, no need to make the false claim that I’m staying this position for everyone that owns an Xbox

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Top Bottom