• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Halo 2 Review Score Leaked!? Popcorn Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJoel

Halo2flops.jpg

49105main_popcorn.jpg

Edit: BTW, this was taken from the TeamXbox forums.

snapty00

Banned
Redbeard said:
That would be impossible to photoshop. It must be real!
An easier way would be just to grab the HTML, insert a couple of table rows with data, and then type the URL in the address box at the top of the browser to make it appear that it's coming from the real source.

But who knows if that's what they did.

IJoel

Yes, it's quite easy to fake this. It's actually more likely than not that it's fake, considering the hour. :p

RETURN MY POPCORN!

HARRRRRRRRR

Vitten

So what ? I'll never understand the obsession some people have with game sites or magazines not giving the score they want a certain game to have.

It's as if they feel personally insulted or something.. very strange..

Says 'blank'.

Normally when a game's review is not up it says 'page not found'. Like this, maybe it was there. :eek:

cheque not cleared yet ? :p

Seriously, if 9.1 is true then it's a bit lowish, because Halo2 is much more enjoyable as Halo for me because of the better framerate.

luxsol

So if it was true and they deleted it, does that mean when they post the review score again and it has a higher score that the higher score was given because of possible ad revenue taken away (or something along those lines)? OMG!... something something (too sleepy to think of something clever)!!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The reason why it says blank is because they have the review finished, so they have the review page ready to just put the review in they did it with fable. When is GS's review going up anyways?

GSG Flash said:
The reason why it says blank is because they have the review finished, so they have the review page ready to just put the review in they did it with fable. When is GS's review going up anyways?

It's meant to go up on Sunday. Not long now!

:eats popcorn:

by the way. 9.1 is a great score from Gamespot. Absolutely splooglicious.

bitwise

Banned
GSG Flash said:

sunday.

ced

Redbeard said:
9.1 is impossible; that would mean Halo 2 isn't even as good as Riddick.

Yeah this is my problem with reviews, they are just not consistant.

I mean GS gives the original a 9.7, and from all accounts Halo 2 is leaps and bounds better. The only complaint Ive seen is the texture pop in, and a cliffhanger ending.

Oh well wait for tomorrow I guess.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
TheGreenGiant said:
just wanted to add that that user's net surfer top bar is full of junky ads. Urgh.

That's what the guy gets for using anything other than firefox :D

thorns

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
and waht's that. Too lazy to search

Firefox? Is it really better?

firefox + google toolbar add-on rocks, but it can be a problematic on SOME sites, it's quite rare though. it's hard to go back to ie after tabbed browsing though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom