• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot reviews Metroid Prime 2

PhatSaqs

Banned
popcorn.jpg

Let's see what will be said in this thread:

1. ""Haw haw haw, I TOLD YOu that 1up suxxors. GameSpot > 1Up.""

2. ""What was wrong with it!? Why isn't it perfect!? Why haven't my balls dropped yet!?!?""

3. ""Hahaha, cubers am crying. Halo 2 > MP 2 according to EVERYONE. Bitches.""

4. ""i don't know how to use the shift key. but i don't want to be restricted. metroid prime 2 controllers are restrictive. where the hell is the shift key. . . ""
/drohne. :lol , just joking man ;)

5. ""REVIEW THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS, NOT WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE!!""

6. ""Brad Shoemaker should be making shoes because he sucks at reviewing games""

7. ""shoemaker i will eat a pizza and bomb your house down you hear me you traitorous son of a bitch i'll bleed you""

Brofist

Did anyone believe it would score higher than Halo 2? Well I know a couple people, but I mean like the other 99% of the normal people here. I'm not even a Halo fan either, give me teh HL2 bitches :p

jett

D-Member
I guess this thread will get filled with complaints of fucktards just like every other thread pertaining MP2. This forum has really been sucking lately, thanks to the ntards.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
How many threads of this kind are we supposed to go through before the madness calms down? Let's see....MGS3, Half-life 2, GT4? :|

snapty00

Banned
jett said:
I guess this thread will get filled with complaints of fucktards just like every other thread pertaining MP2. This forum has really been sucking lately, thanks to the ntards.
No way, man. It's at its peak. :lol

AniHawk

Duck of Death said:
Let's see what will be said in this thread:

1. ""Haw haw haw, I TOLD YOu that 1up suxxors. GameSpot > 1Up.""

2. ""What was wrong with it!? Why isn't it perfect!? Why haven't my balls dropped yet!?!?""

3. ""Hahaha, cubers am crying. Halo 2 > MP 2 according to EVERYONE. Bitches.""

4. ""i don't know how to use the shift key. but i don't want to be restricted. metroid prime 2 controllers are restrictive. where the hell is the shift key. . . ""
/drohne. :lol , just joking man ;)

5. ""REVIEW THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS, NOT WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE!!""

6. ""Brad Shoemaker should be making shoes because he sucks at reviewing games""

7. ""shoemaker i will eat a pizza and bomb your house down you hear me you traitorous son of a bitch i'll bleed you""

8. ""THIS GAME WILL BE SOME HAWT LOCK-ON ACTION!"

:lol That just about covers it.

I'm too lazy- what did they say about the multi?

damn. some spoilers. regarding weaponry

Despite the addition of a middling and somewhat unnecessary multiplayer component, Echoes stands shoulder to shoulder with its predecessor, delivering absolutely everything you'd want from a new 3D Metroid adventure.
The game is quite long and involved--you'll spend a bare minimum of 20 hours just getting to the end, and finding all the hidden items and scanning everything will take much longer (and will open up bonuses such as a harder difficulty mode and production-artwork galleries). As an adventure game with heavy action elements and an emphasis on complex puzzle-solving, Metroid Prime 2 is about as good as it gets, on the GameCube or on any platform.

They fucking wasted rnd time on the multi. SOLD.

Deku Tree

GS review said:
Prime 2's soundtrack also does a great job of establishing mood without being obtrusive, though it's not the kind of thing you'll be humming in the shower.

Who hums video game music in the shower?

DID ANYONE ELSE READ THE FUCKING REVIEW? Game sounds brilliant the fact that they did the morphball battles = Retro's got Big big hairy balls. I think it will be astounding

Alcibiades

oh well, at least GoldenEye 007 > Halo 2

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/action/goldeneye007/index.html

:)

man, I'm not even touching that review case I just saw the word spoiler in this thread, but at only 2 pages long it already has potential for shoddy journalism...

Gamespot should have let him review a few non- highprofile games first because taking on something like this, this is his first gig and it's something this major?

Gamespot - 100

AniHawk

kpop100 said:
Did anyone believe it would score higher than Halo 2? Well I know a couple people, but I mean like the other 99% of the normal people here. I'm not even a Halo fan either, give me teh HL2 bitches :p

If Half-Life 2 gets a 9.5 or 9.6... oh shit, watch out.

skip

brad's been at gamespot for about a year and a half, and been freelancing for them well prior to that.

Alcibiades

skip said:
brad's been at gamespot for about a year and a half, and been freelancing for them well prior to that.
his profile says "no reviews"

unless that's a typo, this is his first...

Grubdog

Banned
jett said:
Bull crap, where are the "ntards"? Show me one. You're full of crap, every thread i've been in has pretty much been filled with "lol stupid nintenodo fans" by people like you when they haven't had the stereotypical reaction you expect, it puzzles me. Do you even read peoples posts or just assume what has been said based on your expectations of the stereotypical Nintendo fan?

edit: ok efralope proved me wrong, well done

Anyway.. MP2 sounds great from that review, although sometimes it sounds like he's reviewing the original MP. :p

I love Metroid Prime, can't wait for MP2. :D

paul777

Banned
It's a good review, and a pretty glowing one at that. But Mr. Shoemaker really needs to take some oratory classes. His video review is just atrocious.

Top Bottom