• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

metroid dread devs vs metroid prime 4??

Who?

• Dread

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Prime

Votes: 35 55.6%

• Total voters

RickMasters

Do people really think like this? I thought it was obvious they’ve used the engine they’ve made for Metroid Prime 4 to build the remake, not the other way around.

And either way this is most definitely going to look better than both Killzone 2 and Halo 4 just based on the fact that it is running twice the framerate and at higher resolution than both.
Oooooh! …. I dunno bro! If we are talking halo 4 on Xbox 360 sure but it’s looks as clean and tough as a boxer in an Armani suit, on MCC!

The Prime 4 trailer is bland, I assume on purpose as to not give everything away already. I’m sure they will show a lot more next year. The final shot of the new environment looks good.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
I hated Dread so it's only up from here, even if my first impressions of Prime 4 weren't the best.

Last edited:
Do people really think like this? I thought it was obvious they’ve used the engine they’ve made for Metroid Prime 4 to build the remake, not the other way around.

And either way this is most definitely going to look better than both the original release of Killzone 2 and Halo 4 just based on the fact that it is running twice the framerate and at higher resolution than both.
Well at least SOMETHING positive for a game thats coming out 13 years later. I swear you Nintendo fans are just constantly enjoying getting shafted at full price for a minimum effort product.

Robb

Gold Member
Well at least SOMETHING positive for a game thats coming out 13 years later. I swear you Nintendo fans are just constantly enjoying getting shafted at full price for a minimum effort product.
Metroid Prime Remastered is the best looking Switch game I’ve played and I’m certain this will top it.

It’s just hard to imagine anyone would call what looks to be the best technically performing game on the entire platform “minimum effort”. But whatever floats your boat man.

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
Gotta go to target on my day off for medicine and they have metroid prime remastered for$40. I'm gonna get it.

As someone who's never tried a 3d metroid, what should I expect? Dread is one of my favorite switch games and I rocked zero mission and fusion on my gba 20 years ago.

Top Bottom