• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

chadboban

Just saw this on the homepage
LOL!

3wizjo2wjp1t.png

Seems like it got mixed with the Persona 3 one

Auctopus

Some thoughts on recent shows...

GT Live

- Blood saying he was always a loser is such perfect timing and so relatable, haha. Iain's laugh over the microphone made it. Blood's always a winner to me.
- Bosman's Dr. Mario story was hilarious, does he live in the world of Scott Pilgrim but instead of music battles, fights over past lovers are made over Dr. Mario?
- Andrea was a little strange this episode, was she a late fill-in? She was on her iPad for a lot of the show.

Tabletop Adventures

- "I'll be dead before I give up violence." - Again, Hogger keeping TTA endlessly quotable.
- Hogger and Mother Brain's dialogue over betrayal really could've gone somewhere!
- The whole "Bowser always wanted to die in combat." and "You did it, buddy." was brilliant. Ben must be planning some sort of Bowser resurrection for later in the adventures.

Ladies in the Lobby

- Again, sort of tiring of these run of the mill topics. Really would like some more women specific questions.
- The console war doesn't exist? What? Seem like Elyse and Andrea were the only ones informed on this topic.
- Neither console has that good exclusives? Bloodborne is great? Nintendo canceled Zelda? What is happening?
- Weird how Andrea mentioned that codes and clients were the extra effort in PC Gaming and not the cost and building of the machine?

Great content this week as usual but I'm still waiting for LITL to develop a bit.

wiibomb

Nice, I'll check it out. I usually watch everything I can on the site (except GT Time), so thanks for this.

b-b-but GT Time is great! :(

the only thing I do not watch is tabletop adventures.. but it's because I don't understand what they are doing... like.. nothing

the only thing I do not watch is tabletop adventures.. but it's because I don't understand what they are doing... like.. nothing

Hasn't put me off. My first exposure to D&D was this show and now I kind of wish I had friends who were into it when growing up, or even now for that matter.

I started watching because it features 5 people I enjoy watching, letting their imaginations run wild. It's a lot of fun. Check it out, see what you think.

Something I've often wondered when watching Tabletop. Does the game come with its own stories and you work from that, or has Ben created all of this from the very beginning? I mean, things can veer off occasionally and he has to think of things spontaneously, but does he try to stick to a story that has already been created by the makers of the game?

Hasney

Something I've often wondered when watching Tabletop. Does the game come with its own stories and you work from that, or has Ben created all of this from the very beginning? I mean, things can veer off occasionally and he has to think of things spontaneously, but does he try to stick to a story that has already been created by the makers of the game?

It does come with scenarios. I think Ben did the first part from the books to get back into the swing (or at least I have a vague memory of him mentioning something to that effect) and the rest has been created by him.

Yonafunu

It's definitely amazing, but I usually consume it as a podcast or on Youtube, not on the site.

It does come with scenarios. I think Ben did the first part from the books to get back into the swing (or at least I have a vague memory of him mentioning something to that effect) and the rest has been created by him.

Now you mention, yes, I do recall him saying something along those lines.

Fair play to him for coming up with this stuff. It always makes me laugh when he says "Once again you've gone completely opposite from where I wanted to go..."

wiibomb

Hasn't put me off. My first exposure to D&D was this show and now I kind of wish I had friends who were into it when growing up, or even now for that matter.

I started watching because it features 5 people I enjoy watching, letting their imaginations run wild. It's a lot of fun. Check it out, see what you think.

that is my problem.. I don't even know how this is played.. and at more than 25 episodes in, I feel like I'm pretty late to learn...

sora87

Tabletop was my first real exposure to D&D, I mean I knew what it was but I'd never watched or partook in it. Now I really wish my friends were cool enough to be in to D&D and play it with me.

Why does the woman with red hair on Ladies in the Lobby laugh at EVERYTHING she says? So annoying.

I think it's just stark contrast to the others. Watch her on her streams or on GT Live/GT Time and you won't notice it as much. Andrea's personality is very bubbly.

That said, I really really wish Elyse would get the ladies talking about gaming news or relevant topics. I'm still holding out that these panelists are somewhat permanent and these will just be introductory episodes, but right now, it's all just background noise.

I think it's just stark contrast to the others. Watch her on her streams or on GT Live/GT Time and you won't notice it as much. Andrea's personality is very bubbly.

That said, I really really wish Elyse would get the ladies talking about gaming news or relevant topics. I'm still holding out that these panelists are somewhat permanent and these will just be introductory episodes, but right now, it's all just background noise.

Not Andrea, the other one. I've not actually noticed Andrea laughing at her own stories or ideas.

Auctopus

Sounds odd but it's really weird seeing a member of GT standing up, so used to seeing them sitting down, haha.

Huber gets SO close to Brad and Ben when they're talking, hahaha, how do they keep straight faces?!

Sounds odd but it's really weird seeing a member of GT standing up, so used to seeing them sitting down, haha.

Huber gets SO close to Brad and Ben when they're talking, hahaha, how do they keep straight faces?!

I think it's because getting 3 people in frame in that small office requires them to be kinda close.

UrbanRats

That Master Sword comment reminded me that the best weapon is the Soul Reaver.
When you get its final form, at the end of Soul Reaver 2, it's just bliss.

Doc_Drop

That feel tho when you played tabletop rpg growing up and as an adult there is nobody to play with :(

Don't get me started, we've been trying to get just Hero Quest up and running to scratch that itch and only two of us are really down for it. It's quite frustrating

On Huber Hype: Honestly never realised how short Huber is(?) or how tall Ben is - Legit scratching my head.

Luverly - Good reaction gif for crazy comments

sora87

Well our worst fears have finally come true, Shane and Marcus are this weeks GT Live guests. This will be the first GTL I miss :(

Heartfyre

Yeah, that episode of Huber Hype was probably the best yet. The group dynamic works really well for the show, especially with Huber's personality: see .gifs above for evidence. I'd love to see some more group episodes in future, especially if there's an episode about a certain important industry event taking place in mid-June.

I'll watch GT Live tonight, just for the possibility of seeing Ian shout "Blooooodborrrrrrne" from the booth.

Doc_Drop

Re: Shane and Marcus - It will be interesting to see the general up-beat and positive atmosphere of the current GT staff out class the misery provided by Shane and Marcus. I don't mind them(M&S), but the current staff are much more likable and entertaining and have clearly bonded since the changes started. Has Brandon actually shared the stage with Shane or Marcus? Other than Bloodworth I can't remember many of them being in the same show

UrbanRats

Re: Shane and Marcus - It will be interesting to see the general up-beat and positive atmosphere of the current GT staff out class the misery provided by Shane and Marcus. I don't mind them(M&S), but the current staff are much more likable and entertaining and have clearly bonded since the changes started. Has Brandon actually shared the stage with Shane or Marcus? Other than Bloodworth I can't remember many of them being in the same show

I remember Huber and Ian on Invisible Walls.

wiibomb

I'm not familiarized with the old GT since I started with the "bosman" era, but I'll watch that one just to see how bad they were...

Visceir

that is my problem.. I don't even know how this is played.. and at more than 25 episodes in, I feel like I'm pretty late to learn...

They did a standalone episode with Christopher Perkins as the DM. Might as well give this one a try to decide if it's for you or not.

Dungeons & Dragons: Episode 10 - A Special Adventure with Wizards of the Coast

I remember when I first discovered this I consumed like 5+ episodes in row. Would love to have 25 episodes that I haven't seen yet.

Doc_Drop

I remember Huber and Ian on Invisible Walls.

Gotcha, it feels like so long since watching IW.

They've just fully launched Siftd now so I'm guessing there'll be some chat regarding that. I'd love to see some of the questions being sent in that are not read out at the end, some could be brutal or just plain mean. Brandon will handle it like a champ though so i'm definately gonna give it a watch

Heartfyre

I used to watch Invisible Walls on a weekly basis. I couldn't handle more than two episodes of SIFTD's GameFace. I don't know whether it's because I've changed a lot or because they've stayed the same. And there was always Ryan Stephens, Justin Speer, and not to forget Brandon, to balance those two out.

But I'll watch GT Live nonetheless. I think it'll probably be a nostalgic episode. They've known each other for a long time.

Doc_Drop

Am I the only one who enjoyed Annoyed Gamer?

I certainly did, but I couldn't fight the nagging thought that some of the cynicism was coming from a place of bitterness of not being particularly relevent. I respect his work and I will always applaud calling out bad practice, but after a while it felt like he was missing the mark. I think the way Jim Sterling approaches similar topics in the Jimquisition is more entertaining and more on the nose about what issues are worth dealing with.

I certainly did, but I couldn't fight the nagging thought that some of the cynicism was coming from a place of bitterness of not being particularly relevent. I respect his work and I will always applaud calling out bad practice, but after a while it felt like he was missing the mark. I think the way Jim Sterling approaches similar topics in the Jimquisition is more entertaining and more on the nose about what issues are worth dealing with.

There were definitely a few episodes where he was just saying shit to rile people up, I remember. Ah well. It'll be good to see what's going on with the old crew. I haven't been keeping up with them aside from Twitter.

Man, I didn't think Kyle would make every E3 press conference crucially imperative (that would've been a Huber thing IMO), but I guess that fits his optimistic personality and the fact that GT probably has to watch all of them anyway.

wiibomb

Man, I didn't think Kyle would make every E3 press conference crucially imperative (that would've been a Huber thing IMO), but I guess that fits his optimistic personality and the fact that GT probably has to watch all of them anyway.

I understand his way of thinking.. they are all important in at least one way, watching them is part of this big event called E3, they are all in their own way important.

and he is hyped as fuck for E3... just like me...

Top Bottom