• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Auctopus

GT live wasn't as unbearable as I thought, didn't need to skip but the poster above me is right, half of it sounded like an infomercial for Sifted...

"You'll be shocked!", "save hundreds of hours a year!" And "you can't get this anywhere else!"

Just every conversation comes back to Sifted and he'd always name drop the site. Even right at the end when Brandon was doing the breakdown on the sites upcoming content, he interrupted to mention Sifted.

Also, he didn't have to be so condescending, most of his sentences would start with "you don't realise", "what you gotta realise" and "here's the thing" - really gets old.

Some great quotes:

"I keep my sliders in the middle, I'm open to pretty much anything" - I think we know that's completely untrue.

"You can't explain why great games are great."

"Souls fans we're wrong." - really? You think you have more authority over a series you've spent a handful of hours with than fans who's spent hundreds.

Sort of a pointless GT all together, there was plenty to talk about this week and it was just a pseudo-advert for Sifted.

UrbanRats

All guests are sort of adverts though(aside from BJ's mom).
I mean, same for talk shows like Letterman or Conan.

I guess he was just very overt about it, to an obnoxious level (don't know, haven't watched it yet).

I'll say one thing tho, ss a Souls fan, the Souls community can get VERY annoying and cult-like. :p
Especially when you have a critique about the games.

TheHall

All guests are sort of adverts though(aside from BJ's mom).
I mean, same for talk shows like Letterman or Conan.

I guess he was just very overt about it, to an obnoxious level (don't know, haven't watched it yet).

The best GT lives to date are the ones where they don't do that though. The one with the voice actors was amazing and interesting to watch. BJ's mom was hilarious.

I didn't watch the Pamela Horton on, so not sure if that was a GND fest as well.

Maybe i'm more sensitive to the hardsell on this episode, because i find Shane annoying in general.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, did Shane really do a repeat of his "Bloodborne doesn't deserve such high reviews because it's not for everyone" speech in did a while ago!?

Heartfyre

Shane actually spoke relatively kindly on Bloodborne. His opinion has changed a bit.

But the best moment of the show was the moment that Shane started talking about it.

dhzzOEp.gif

wiibomb

Shane actually spoke relatively kindly on Bloodborne. His opinion has changed a bit.

But the best moment of the show was the moment that Shane started talking about it.

dhzzOEp.gif

OMG I remember that guy from the Bonus Round ep a while ago... I really hated it...
and him too..

but only for this gif I'll watch this one.. OMG love this...

sora87

That gif is all I need to see of that particular GT Live. Ian should have ran in and choke slammed him through the table :p

Hasney

After seeing the Wattam Just Played, I really hope Elyse and Kyle get a chance to play it on the show floor for their view on it. Brandon seemed understandably a little lost.

aly

After seeing the Wattam Just Played, I really hope Elyse and Kyle get a chance to play it on the show floor for their view on it. Brando seemed understandably a little lost.

I did'nt even know they had a video about Wattam up. Glad I saw this and watched it though.Brandon's descriptions were amazing.

Doc_Drop

Mostly through GT live,I think it's a good watch. There is a lot of Siftd talk but Shane has been absolutely fine. I get people don't like his mannerisms but I have been enjoying it

yoplay

I actually like shane. He has great insight on the games industry, especially for the older gamer. Guess people don't like it when opinions don't match theres. GT is my main for gaming. Maybe I'll spend $10 to get sift as well.

Doc_Drop

I actually like shane. He has great insight on the games industry, especially for the older gamer. Guess people don't like it when opinions don't match theres. GT is my main for gaming. Maybe I'll spend $10 to get sift as well.

Absolutely, I would look into Siftd but I'm not sure how the payments work regarding non US credit cards. But $10 isn't much in pound sterling,it's like a month of Netflix

Hasney

I don't mind differing opinions, I hat pointless hostile yelling to get your point across.

TheHall

I feel like i'm getting burned out on Tabletop. I turned it off after 6 minutes, but might give it another shot.

Does Hogger save the episode?

Tregard

Soothsayer
Disappointed my correction was overlooked this week:

Correction: You referred to it as "Corrections Music", despite the fact you only had the single correction for the episode, meaning it was "Correction Music"

In the past I've hit up the more mainstream journalism sites, but after finding out about GT earlier this month I am hooked! Mandatory Update is as hilarious as it is corny, Bosman always asks unique questions regarding games on GT time, and Huber Hype is super fun! Looking forward to checking them out more around E3.

Hasney

In the past I've hit up the more mainstream journalism sites, but after finding out about GT earlier this month I am hooked! Mandatory Update is as hilarious as it is corny, Bosman always asks unique questions regarding games on GT time, and Huber Hype is super fun! Looking forward to checking them out more around E3.

They're going to be my go-to E3 reaction stream for sure. Think it's going to be a lot of fun

Auctopus

GT are going to be 100% of my E3 Coverage, I can get the news from GAF so any outlets I'm going to are purely for personality.

On GT time, they mentioned using the screens behind the soundstage to watch the streams but I hope when the streams actually go live, we'll see the conferences as the main part of the screen and GT in the corner. But I think Blood mentioned how this might not be possible.

wiibomb

They're going to be my go-to E3 reaction stream for sure. Think it's going to be a lot of fun

Yeah I'm sticking with GT mostly all this E3, I'm gonna catch some of the Kinda Funny stuff too though.

GT are going to be 100% of my E3 Coverage, I can get the news from GAF so any outlets I'm going to are purely for personality.

On GT time, they mentioned using the screens behind the soundstage to watch the streams but I hope when the streams actually go live, we'll see the conferences as the main part of the screen and GT in the corner. But I think Blood mentioned how this might not be possible.

I will follow GT 100% on the E3 too..

but since I want to see the conferences in absolute clean I wonder if they will have the conferences on their stream (without anything added) or if I have to watch them on another stream

UrbanRats

I was thinking of doing the same, but actually E3 is a bit of a tradition, and the first, live, experience of the conference i want it to be "pure" so to speak, it feels more personal.
I will watch their version/commentary as soon as one ends tho, hopefully they will archive them!

Helps to kill time between press events, too.
I used to do it like this with Giant Bomb, i'll do it with GT now.

I wish i had the bandwidth to just keep both streams open, but it'll be a miracle if i can manage one smooth at 480p, with a 7mb line (in theory).

TheHall

I think they weren't allowed to fullscreen stream the conferences.

Blood probably has the correct answer though (All Hail Blood)

UrbanRats

Yeah fullscreen is not allowed, but they'll be showing them on the background monitors in the GTLive/GTTime studio.

Still, i prefer to go clean on the first time around, and catch up of their reactions later.

Hasney

That's what was mentioned on GT Time or GT Live or something. They said they'd do it on that stage and have the conference on the screens behind them.

Basically, that's what's on my laptop, hopefully with a slight delay if I set it up right while the conference is on my TV.

TheHall

Yeah fullscreen is not allowed, but they'll be showing them on the background monitors in the GTLive/GTTime studio.

Still, i prefer to go clean on the first time around, and catch up of their reactions later.

Conference on the laptop, Twitch On the phone i guess..

Hasney

So who here has had a correction read out? Mine was the Sim Tower one which was equally pedantic, but thought people should know there was a little known sequel. Plus I knew it was one of those corrections Kyle would like as it has context, but Bloodworth would look at him like "I knew that, but I didn't think it was worth pointing out that Maxis only published it".

UrbanRats

Ben is a pure innocent mind.
Also, IIRC, in the Super Mario movie, Mario is actually alreay married/or engaged or there about) and Luigi actually goes ater the main girl, who is Daisy, not Peach.

We're not really allowed to talk about the game at the center of this weeks Mandatory Update, but I found it pretty ridiculous 5 people knew almost nothing about the game outside of a vague basic concept were boiling it down to "well you shoot cops in gta".
I really love you guys, but MU nights is fast and loose...but that was pretty poor journalism.

lil

We're not really allowed to talk about the game at the center of this weeks Mandatory Update, but I found it pretty ridiculous 5 people knew almost nothing about the game outside of a vague basic concept were boiling it down to "well you shoot cops in gta".
I really love you guys, but MU nights is fast and loose...but that was pretty poor journalism.

Is it bad that I don't even have to watch it to know what game it must be? The thing is infamous at this point.

Top Bottom