• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

im almost caught up with tabletop adventures. waiting a week for updates now is going to be hard.

tiny hut is op. pervince is the strongest party member.

Mononoke

Banned
im almost caught up with tabletop adventures. waiting a week for updates now is going to be hard.

tiny hut is op. pervince is the strongest party member.

I've been out of the loop, and I am ashamed to admit I have not seen a single Tabletop Adventures episode in a long time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So another E3 Bosman Episode and Final Bets E3 2015 Edition this week.

Huber is probably gonna do a E3 Episode of Huber Hype too.

So... get hype.

Auctopus

New Ladies in the Lobby is up: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...episode-5--the-future-of-gaming----and-beyond

Guess who laughs at her own jokes all the time.

Couldn't tell if that vibrating thing was a joke or not, either. Really weird. Despite Elyse's questions becoming more interesting, it seems like every guest except for Elyse, Andrea and the really intimidating woman with the black hair (sorry, forgot her name) has resorted to just making every answer in to a joke.

lil

Ladies in the Lobby is TOTALLY gaming's Girl Code. omg. I would like to see them in a GT Time format, though. Dunno why y'all have been complaining about them.

Also bless Andrea for remembering disabled people when talking about controllers, again. Love her. ❤ ❤ ❤

No Dumb Game Monday for the next 2 weeks
BabyRage.png

Heartfyre

Streaming from sunrise to sunset, drinking Red Bull to keep going... Yes, there will indeed be highs and lows, and I'm only referring to blood sugar levels.

Huber Hype today, Final Bosman tomorrow, Final Bets on Saturday, and Bethesda's conference on Sunday. What a week, chaps. What a week.

Elyse, if you read GAF (or maybe Blood can give her the feedback), I think Ladies in the Lobby is a great show, and you definitely deserve to have a creative space aside from Mandatory Update/Nights at GT. There are a couple problems I had with it as a show, however.

1) Talent didn't have enough time to develop camera presence and show personality. Obviously this is a pitfall of filming everything in one day, then segmenting the content for weekly release, which is how Bonus Round works. Feedback can't effectively be given to people (provided you intended to keep them as panelists on the show in the future) with this model. Not much you can do about it, but it is what it is.

2) Maybe we assumed you had a different goal for the show. I figured with the questions you were asking in the first couple episodes, you were trying to get people comfortable on camera. Admittedly, aside from you and Andrea, I have never seen these women before, so I don't exactly know if they have on-camera experience. I figured this would be a show to get more women into the fray of GT's talk shows (and games media talk shows in general) and talk about industry topics. Not necessarily with a female slant, but just to be a bit more diverse in a way. The questions you were asking seemed very inconsequential. Whenever I watch a GT show, I get to hear Kyle, Huber, Brandon, Blood, Elyse (that's you), Ben, and everyone's opinions on things. You all know things about the industry that the lay-person doesn't, and this is what makes the shows interesting.

---

So with all that said, I really hope Ladies continues. I'd personally like to see it in more of a traditional round table format, similar to the other shows. It's a format that doesn't get old, IMO. People talking about topics the viewer is interested in gets views. Just my two cents.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Omg, Huber, why are you so awesome. You Shia'd that better than him. Someone make a GIF like that other Gaffer did!

Auctopus

They're even being generous enough to talk to Smosh so we can get a piss break!

Oh, no. They're in the same building, aren't they? Hopefully, they're doing their own thing. Smosh joining them on the stream for prolonged time will probably make me go watch somewhere else.

Hasney

Oh, no. They're in the same building, aren't they? Hopefully, they're doing their own thing. Smosh joining them on the stream for prolonged time will probably make me go watch somewhere else.

They listed a few people they'll talk to, so I doubt they'll be on for too long. Maybe to talk about a game or two which would make sense considering GTs condensed staff and Huber, Bosman & Man Ups doing shows from the floor so not being fully able to check out the games.

Mikey Jr.

Yep, both of them were fucking grating. The Asian girl on ladies on the lobby was nice to look at, so I don't mind her being there.

Auctopus

I hope they resurrect the Retrospective series. A few big franchises are due for an update very soon.

The series isn't exactly dead, they just do them when it's something they can really dive in to. The Kingdom Hearts one is crazy, I love KH but I wouldn't have wanted to be Brad during the creation of that.

DieH@rd

Banned
Where's that Ian's gif of too many pre-e3 games? I saw it somewhere on GAF few hours ago, but strangely, it is not posted in this thread.

Huber Hype has quickly escalated to my favorite GT show. Dude speaks the truth and his passion is infectious. I know that's a cliche thing to say, but it's true :p

He's also hilarious. I align with his sense of humor more than anyone else on GT, and that's high praise since they're all pretty darn funny.

UrbanRats

I finally watched the latest T&TA.
That ending was funny in a sad way, Ben looked like he wanted to disappear, in the last 15 minutes or so of the episode.
Sort of make sense, since it was mostly bickering, but i think it sort of makes sense, when you have incompatible personalities, like some of these characters are, and it makes for a funnier show, most of the times.

Anyway, now that i've seen it, i agree with Visceir, that Hogger needs some serious backlash, for some of his shenanigans, his recklessness is funny, but if there aren't big repercussions, it becomes sort of an empty shtick, and it's only going to escalate, i feel like.

Elyse, if you read GAF (or maybe Blood can give her the feedback), I think Ladies in the Lobby is a great show, and you definitely deserve to have a creative space aside from Mandatory Update/Nights at GT. There are a couple problems I had with it as a show, however.

1) Talent didn't have enough time to develop camera presence and show personality. Obviously this is a pitfall of filming everything in one day, then segmenting the content for weekly release, which is how Bonus Round works. Feedback can't effectively be given to people (provided you intended to keep them as panelists on the show in the future) with this model. Not much you can do about it, but it is what it is.

2) Maybe we assumed you had a different goal for the show. I figured with the questions you were asking in the first couple episodes, you were trying to get people comfortable on camera. Admittedly, aside from you and Andrea, I have never seen these women before, so I don't exactly know if they have on-camera experience. I figured this would be a show to get more women into the fray of GT's talk shows (and games media talk shows in general) and talk about industry topics. Not necessarily with a female slant, but just to be a bit more diverse in a way. The questions you were asking seemed very inconsequential. Whenever I watch a GT show, I get to hear Kyle, Huber, Brandon, Blood, Elyse (that's you), Ben, and everyone's opinions on things. You all know things about the industry that the lay-person doesn't, and this is what makes the shows interesting.

---

So with all that said, I really hope Ladies continues. I'd personally like to see it in more of a traditional round table format, similar to the other shows. It's a format that doesn't get old, IMO. People talking about topics the viewer is interested in gets views. Just my two cents.

I agree with this. LITL would be much better as a discussion rather than the current format. Also, I hope for greater diversity on GT in general, though I like everyone there and hope they all stay.

Maybe make LITL a bit faster and/or looser? I'm not suggesting that Ian should join the show in drag, but I do think that it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, LITL would benefit from allowing some back and forth among the ladies.

Top Bottom