• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Gogo_ZvC

Spread the word!

6Hu6cC8.jpg

So, I was sitting next to the wife spider the other day real concerned-like and then I died. This ever happen to you?

Next thing, I was in spider heaven and an angel spider asks me "Hey mister, how'd you die and end up here anyways?"

So, I says to the angel spider "I ain't sure pal, all's I remember was siting on my couch trying to unwind but something was eating me up at the time"!

Mesoian

Real talk, I've always wanted to do a show about games where the format is just people walking from one place to another. But I can't find people who care about games enough around me to do it, + crew + equipment.

UrbanRats

Well one upside if moving to a smaller office is getting to do more episodes outside, I love the laid back format.

They need to find a solution for the audio though, because like, whatever Bosman said in the car wasn't very clear.
Subtitles could be a work around, too.

Wait they're moving studios?

Yeah, just so people are clear, our complex has a ton of different studios. The tricaster studio where we shoot GT Time, GT Live, and E3 is staying the same. The studio where we shoot Just Played, ManUps, Bosman, and daily livestreams is moving to a room that's literally right next to Ben's cubicle.

It is a bit smaller, so there may be a little less variety in our setups, but it's totally sufficient. The crew is working on it all this weekend.
CMagM6EWwAAm7aN.jpg:large

danielcw

What I always wondered, who is behind those 2 production company logos behind every Mandatroy Update episode.

I was not a fan of Bosman on the walk to the restaurant, but this ManUp episode from the car worked pretty well. It was well setup, and the unusual setting fits a comedy show better, in my opinion.

They need to find a solution for the audio though, because like, whatever Bosman said in the car wasn't very clear.
Subtitles could be a work around, too.

I think I understood everything fine, but yeah, subtitles would be really nice ...
While most of the stuff is scripted anyway, it would still take some time to set subtitles correctly though.
Does GT's player support subtitles?

Who

Banned
Yeah, just so people are clear, our complex has a ton of different studios. The tricaster studio where we shoot GT Time, GT Live, and E3 is staying the same. The studio where we shoot Just Played, ManUps, Bosman, and daily livestreams is moving to a room that's literally right next to Ben's cubicle.

It is a bit smaller, so there may be a little less variety in our setups, but it's totally sufficient. The crew is working on it all this weekend.
CMagM6EWwAAm7aN.jpg:large

Hey dude just want to tell you how big of a fan I am of the stuff you guys put on. Best gaming site I've ever visited and if ANY of you guys ever quit and work somewhere else, I will cry.

Sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc. are completely unwatchable to me now after seeing the genuinely awesome, witty, and passionate crew you guys have. What gaming journalism should be. Done gushing.

It's a good top ten I feel. The Last of Us in particular made one hell of an impression and anything Souls is good.

Nice to see more light-hearted fare like Banjo and Turtles in there as well.

llehuty

Ah, I was expecting Mirror's Edge sewers. THOSE GREENS.

But a top 10 of this kind can only come out as arbitrary. Not even sure if we should take it seriously anyway :p

sora87

Who did they get for the date in FF7? I can't remember who they got but I just found out Yuffie gives Cloud a smooch if you go with her :eek: would have been cool seeing their reactions to that

That top 10 list is why i love GT so much. Top 10 sewers is a ridiculous category to do, but their hardcore fanbase had been bugging them about it so they just went ahead and did it.

I really had no strong opinions on best sewer levels. Never the highlight of any game for me.

And all caught up on table top adventures. Since E3 I've gone from the very first episode and watched through all 30 some odd episodes and I'm now fully caught up. Things were a bit shaky at the start but they found their grove eventually. I still think the assault on the bandits in the town was one of my favorite episodes. It's only time they really worked as a team and executed a great plan. Usually it's Ian bailing out the team as one of the others thinks up some crazy way to break the game.

sora87

So, Jones streaming three times! Yes three times! In one day on Tuesday.
No FF7 this week :( but Huber is playing Code Veronica on Friday which I imagine will be a full playthrough?

Top Bottom