• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

CM3qpN4UkAA2Lkt.jpg

Brandon Jones as Mike.
And we're starting at 3:00 PM on Tuesday. Would have liked to have done Friday, but PAX.

I love you GT

Vinc

I think Kyle was just trying to be an entertain host / playing a character. That's kind of his job as host and I think that's one of the reasons people like him on GT, he thinks of the audience and tries to keep things entertaining.

Imagine if he hadn't done that:

- "What's the best animal?"
- "Dogs"
- "Thank you for this delightful answer, now let's move on to corrections."

What an entertaining podcast that would make.

Has anyone else noticed a slight (but oddly significant) delay on the twitch streams this week? Maybe I just haven't watched fast gameplay in the past but on both the COD and Rocket League streams I saw their reactions right before a score/death.

It's not a massive deal, I was just curious if something changed this week in particular.

Alucrid

Banned
Has anyone else noticed a slight (but oddly significant) delay on the twitch streams this week? Maybe I just haven't watched fast gameplay in the past but on both the COD and Rocket League streams I saw their reactions right before a score/death.

It's not a massive deal, I was just curious if something changed this week in particular.
I did notice something similar on the Mario maker stream actually

dogs > whales

also, there's been an audio delay on their twitch stream for like a week now. its just noticeable enough that it's annoying to watch. idk what happened, but they need to fix it.

dogs > whales

also, there's been an audio delay on their twitch stream for like a week now. its just noticeable enough that it's annoying to watch. idk what happened, but they need to fix it.

Capture card stopped working so we're having to use a workaround. We know it's gross but might have to put up with it a little longer. Bad timing on when it happened.

border

Also, for everyone else, Huber does an awesome job explaining the plot of Metal Gear complete with UNEASY ALLIANCES.
https://youtu.be/ngySxUOj-VI

As someone who hasn't touched the series since MGS3, I still feel like I'm going to be very much in the dark for MGSV.

Huber gives a basic recap of events, but the politics and motivations behind all the various characters and factions is left a complete mystery. I'm not sure what anyone in this series really plans to do with the power they are attempting to gain.

How Big Boss is alive at the end of MGS4 is also curiously unexplained.

UrbanRats

Ahaha, holy shit.

Also, for everyone else, Huber does an awesome job explaining the plot of Metal Gear complete with UNEASY ALLIANCES.
https://youtu.be/ngySxUOj-VI

That was entirely too fast (but fun to watch).

I still feel like a need a proper recap, but the only ones i can found seem to be excessively long (i don't want 3 hours for each metal gear).

I'll probably just go in like this though, i don't have time to replay all the MGS and i remember the general gist of it.

Hasney

That was entirely too fast (but fun to watch).

I still feel like a need a proper recap, but the only ones i can found seem to be excessively long (i don't want 3 hours for each metal gear).

I'll probably just go in like this though, i don't have time to replay all the MGS and i remember the general gist of it.

I think it's enough for the general gist, but yeah, it's far too insane to do quickly. A lot of it gets rexplained through the games at least. I just love Huber explaining things for being entertaining.

Reminds me I need to get back into my play through though. Probably less than a week to go...

Auctopus

New Mandatory Update.

I'm gonna say that ditching the desk was a mistake. Although if it doesn't fit in the room, it doesn't fit.

Edit: Pretty funny episode but sort of a terrible format. I've always though MU would work as a high-pace nonsense news show akin to Brass Eye but Gaming-themed.

Deadman

I like the new format. Maybe could do with fewer/slower cuts though.

So perhaps have 1 camera that still zooms to only show one person while they read their segment, and the other shows everyone.

UrbanRats

I don't like the mixing of normal MU and Nights... it isn't fast and loose enough to be Nights or scripted to be awkwardly funny to be normal MU!

I disagree, probably one of my favorite MU.
The fun of the outtakes and the jokes, all in one, plus Kyle and Huber to add to the mix.

Visceir

Really liked the new Mandatory Update format. Love mandatory update nights too, was never into the old regular MU.

I think Kyle was just trying to be an entertain host / playing a character. That's kind of his job as host and I think that's one of the reasons people like him on GT, he thinks of the audience and tries to keep things entertaining.

Imagine if he hadn't done that:

- "What's the best animal?"
- "Dogs"
- "Thank you for this delightful answer, now let's move on to corrections."

What an entertaining podcast that would make.

Or he could have came up with a better question than "what's the best animal?"

border

I don't really like the new format for Mandatory Update. If they're going to almost entirely give up on the "comedy news show" format I don't really see the purpose in continuing to call it Mandatory Update. At that point it's just a podcast with 4-5 scripted jokes and a lot of stories/ad-libbing.

Bring back the desk, or at least have the hosts stand. Standing news+jokes worked fine for Attack of the Show.

Don't cut away to Bosman after every single joke for the sake of having him comment on the joke. It's impossible to build any kind of momentum if every bit has to be followed by an immediate meta-commentary on said bit. I feel like having that Bosman commentary gives them an excuse not to try and sell the joke, just abandoning it and disavowing it the moment a punchline doesn't land. Fail big and fail hard if you're going down in flames.

Top Bottom