• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

sora87

I don't want a long ass podcast where they lose steam and start talking about wrestling and have tons of dead air.

1 hour 15-20mins is a perfect length for GT Time, just so happened this weeks was one of the better GT Time's in a while too.
Tabletop's perfect length is about 1 hr 40mins, such a shame they stopped going that long a few months back.

UrbanRats

I don't want a long ass podcast where they lose steam and start talking about wrestling and have tons of dead air.

Yeah, but the Bombcast is 3 hours, sometimes more.
1.5 hours is perfectly fine to stay on topic, but you don't have to rush through concepts to get to the end.
It's not on TV, so having such a strict time frame doesn't make any sense.

SeanTSC

Well, I don't want that either, but I don't think they should adhere to a set time and rush things. It should just go for as long as they have the steam to talk about their topics and not cut things short.

Hasney

Yo, wrasslin talk? I'd be down for that.

Seriously though, it should be a variable length depending on what there is to talk about. With this subject, I could have listened to another half hour easily.

Sami+

Shit man, I do. I'd straight up pay for a longer GT podcast of the crew talking about their lives and other non-gaming interests and just generally shooting the shit for an hour and a half to two hours. Whether it's GT Time, MU Nights (can this please be an iTunes podcast), or something new.

I think 1h15min-1h30min is the perfect lenght for GT time. Usually when it's less than an hour I feel like they are rushing some parts even when there are actual interesting topics to discuss (but if they literally are in a hurry it obv can't be helped.)

But closing in on 2 hours is a bit too long unless we are talking about an E3 episode or something crazy. Leave the fluff for MUN.

This week's one was okay because they had a lot to cover. But usual episodes don't have that much game news that they've all read up on and so 1 hour, or slightly more, of focused podcast is better.

UrbanRats

This week's one was okay because they had a lot to cover. But usual episodes don't have that much game news that they've all read up on and so 1 hour, or slightly more, of focused podcast is better.

Yeah but they often rush through the final segments, like people's comments and such.

wmlk

Blood, I have a correction.

Chrono Cross is a PS1 game, not a SNES game. Kyle probably meant Chrono Trigger or maybe he's a dumdum who never played the Chrono games.

tok9

Oh man I'm really loving this Until Dawn stream.

I've basically been playing the game for an hour or so and then I watch up to that point in the stream and once they've caught up I go back to the game.

Btw, the game is a load of fun guys. Highly recommend if you like Heavy Rain.

Hasney

Kyle just skipped over Destiny TTK on the game list. For better or worse that will be a bigger game than most discussed

I'm guessing it's mostly because its an expansion so it wouldn't have been on their retail list (since that's Destiny: Some Edition), but also because if they're not back for 2 weeks, it'll be the big talking point when they're back.

Hasney

Yeah I don't think they talk too much about legacy systems. Hell, Yakuza 5 would have been missed if not for Huber's threats!

Hasney

I was left utterly speechless after seeing Hideo Kojima... 's masterpiece Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker ranked behind Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

xPMsA0D.gif

tok9

If I was in the GT office that list would have been a lot different. :)

Surprised by the lack of love for Peace Walker and how hight MGS4 is.

sora87

i think twitch switched to html5 a few weeks back anyways.

Only for live broadcasts, VoD's aren't supported.

Anyway, they need to sort out their streaming, it seems like so many streams lately just go to shit and they have to play something else entirely :(

Myggen

Twitch hasn't switched fully to HTML5 for either the live player or the VoDs. So far they've only switched the controls of the live player over to HTML5, the video itself is still Flash. From Twitch's official blog:

Today’s redesign moves half of the video player – specifically the controls – from Flash to HTML5 and Javascript. The video itself is still in Flash underneath the controls. However, this is an important step to releasing the much-anticipated full HTML5 player.

Umibozu

MU has improved since last week, the jokes/bits are a lot tighter, they have #freedthedesk, the sidebitch and wizard parts also don't drag on too long. The new style seems good and I'm ok if it's here to stay.

DMiz

New MU is up.
I like the new format best.

I really liked this. They tightened up the off-joke parts to run faster, and the whole thing comes off as sleeker and leaner. Really enjoyed it.

Re: the Kyle doodle... Ian was spot on when he said that Kyle can draw very cute things, but there always is that sense of something depressing lurking behind it.

Good to see Ian in a jacket again. Jacket = "Hi, I am a serious newsreader".

What kind of little dog does Kyle Bosman draw so that you can't tell if it's happy or sad?

a melancholy

Top Bottom