• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

FTF

lol this is too funny...30 min of them trying to get the audio and video right. And it's still great just to hear/see them together! lol

Woke up this morning excited to watch the archive of the SFV stream, but none of the archived parts are loading for me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!

Every video just buffers indefinitely, even ones that have worked before. Twitch having some issues? Hope they fix them soon - I need my pseudo-GT fix!

Uhyve

Woke up this morning excited to watch the archive of the SFV stream, but none of the archived parts are loading for me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!

Every video just buffers indefinitely, even ones that have worked before. Twitch having some issues? Hope they fix them soon - I need my pseudo-GT fix!
Yeah, same. Damn Twitch is annoying. They were totally fine showing me their ad of course though, can't have those servers having issues...

Need my GT fix.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The one time I want to watch an archive on Twitch more than anything and they've been completely broken for hours. Good job.

Tsosie

Outlaw Gamers just released an episode reminiscing the close of GT. The show includes Brent Adams, Tony Grice, and the "pun-master" himself, Daniel Keyser. If you have followed GT for a while you will recognize those names as the team that made up Epic Battle Cry, a 1 per week podcast that was hosted on GT. The show was cancelled when GT was picked up by Defy and DK was let go by the powers that be during the transfer. I haven't finished this episode yet, but I expect some real talk from these guys.

Podcast: Outlaws to the End *you can also search Outlaw Gamers Radio on your favorite podcast feeder.

Direct link to the show: outlawgamers.com/shows

Twitch archives still busted :(

Literally the one time I was stoked to check out an archived stream...

EDIT: The kindly Gaffer uploading all of the streams to his YouTube channel has saved the day and has all of last night's stream saved. Here's the first part.

Volotaire

Anyone know when/where that Gameface (SIFTD) episode is going up on Youtube? Someone indicated Shane said today.

I think it as today, but you can sign up to a free Siftd account for 3 days to watch it too.

It was fascinating. It provided a really deep insight into the life of Gametrailers.

SeanTSC

Yeah, this is pretty awful and absolutely nothing like anything GT did. None of the chemistry.

And man, I thought GT Time could get kinda random, but it's really structured compared to something like this. Definitely not a fan of this format.

Justinh

Yeah, this is pretty awful and absolutely nothing like anything GT did. None of the chemistry.

And man, I thought GT Time could get kinda random, but it's really structured compared to something like this. Definitely not a fan of this format.

Yeah, I a big TB fan, but I never watch Co-op because they're so... scattered and don't really talk about games too often. Also, I really can't take too much of Jesse Cox.

Rikkun

Kyle is on the co-optional podcast right now.
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit#7358

If someone watches it, please do a quick recap.
I can't get into this kind of nonsense podcast style.

I just wrote the same thing on the "GT" reddit.
They keep screaming the same words again and again, they have been talking about Digimon for 5 minutes dissing Kyle for liking it, telling him "that's the king of game you play when you don't have a job". TotalBiscuit then asked if it's like Pokémon.

Let that sink in.

Now it's been half an hour of talking about mobile games, ten minutes about that star wars games and now Clash Royale.

EDIT: Now I don't even know what they're talking about, Kyle has been silent for 20 minutes. TB is AT LEAST a really really bad host, they could've done like 30 minutes with Kyle instead of having him for 3 hours just to talk between themselves.

EDIT: 15k viewers.

LycanXIII

I just wrote the same thing on the "GT" reddit.
They keep screaming the same words again and again, they have been talking about Digimon for 5 minutes dissing Kyle for liking it, telling him "that's the king of game you play when you don't have a job". TotalBiscuit then asked if it's like Pokémon.

Let that sink in.

Now it's been half an hour of talking about mobile games, ten minutes about that star wars games and now Clash Royale.

EDIT: Now I don't even know what they're talking about, Kyle has been silent for 20 minutes. TB is AT LEAST a really really bad host, they could've done like 30 minutes with Kyle instead of having him for 3 hours just to talk between themselves.

EDIT: 15k viewers.

They talk about the games they've played the past week in the first hour, game news in the second hour. Second hour is where you'll see Kyle more active.

Rikkun

They talk about the games they've played the past week in the first hour, game news in the second hour. Second hour is where you'll see Kyle more active.

I closed the Champions League stream for nothing then.
After what I've heard him say to Kyle I'm not sure I want to listen to someone shitting on people's tastes.

sora87

Yeah I can't stand TB, I tuned in to last weeks one for like 2 minutes, it was just him saying "yeah i shit all over their views and i'm only one person lololol" and then just bragging about how big he is. Absolute moron. Whoever that Jesse guy is, he's annoying as fuck too.

cm osi

well that explain why they are talking about overwatch nonstop. if you didn't play that you'll feel totally out of place

Rikkun

well that explain why they are talking about overwatch nonstop. if you didn't play that you'll feel totally out of place

Still, don't they have some kind of script at least for when they have a guest?
Didn't they ask him "hey can you follow us in this 60 minutes parade about Overwatch and mobile games"?
It's like listening to a marathon of Crazy Ira and the Douche.
With 15k viewers.

LycanXIII

Still, don't they have some kind of script at least for when they have a guest?
Didn't they ask him "hey can you follow us in this 60 minutes parade about Overwatch and mobile games"?
It's like listening to a marathon of Crazy Ira and the Douche.
With 15k viewers.

They explained it at the start of the podcast. It's the same every week with a new guest. First part is games they played. Second part is news. And Kyle's been on before, he's used to it.

Seiniyta

I closed the Champions League stream for nothing then.
After what I've heard him say to Kyle I'm not sure I want to listen to someone shitting on people's tastes.

They are more teasing him lol. Kyle and them have been friends for quite a while. They asked him to sell Digimon on them. Only for Kyle..to sorta shit on the game itself XD.

Kyle: "Yeah, the story is kinda thrash, the there's like no strategy in the battles, But the fun is seeing what they digivolve on"

TB: So it's like pokemon?

Kyle: NOnonoonoono. Pokemon is a 10/10, way better. Digimon is like 7/10

I mean come on!

Kyle will probably be a lot more talkative during the news section anyway.

Rikkun

They explained it at the start of the podcast. It's the same every week with a new guest. First part is games they played. Second part is news. And Kyle's been on before, he's used to it.

They are more teasing him lol. Kyle and them have been friends for quite a while. They asked him to sell Digimon on them. Only for Kyle..to sorta shit on the game itself XD.

Kyle: "Yeah, the story is kinda thrash, the there's like no strategy in the battles, But the fun is seeing what they digivolve on"

TB: So it's like pokemon?

Kyle: NOnonoonoono. Pokemon is a 10/10, way better. Digimon is like 7/10

I mean come on!

Kyle will probably be a lot more talkative during the news section anyway.

Aaaalright then, I'll watch the footy, you guys saved me from the hassle of having to tune in again next week for Jones.

Top Bottom