• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Visceir

It's the first time for me to give this podcast a listen and I think it's fine. Can't expect the same chemistry as you get when all people are in the same room.

Him dissing digimon doesn't mean he disses Kyle, what he did was just some friendly ribbing.

Going by the show plan I imagine Kyle will participate more when they get around to talking about the news.

Yeah this is definitely no the kind of podcast I expected. Really makes the difference between the GT staff and 'gaming personalities' to me. The tone and script of things (if there is any) are just not my style. At all. And now this edgy metal music that's in the background just feels... off.

SeanTSC

Yeah this is definitely no the kind of podcast I expected. Really makes the difference between the GT staff and 'gaming personalities' to me. The tone and script of things (if there is any) are just not my style. At all. And now this edgy metal music that's in the background just feels... off.

Yeah, I can't get into any personality shows like this. I definitely need shows the way GT did things. And man, 3 hours? Way too long. I thought GT Time could have been a little longer, but now I'm glad they were the lengths they were, wouldn't want to go past 1:30.

Tabletop could have probably went for 2 though.

Kyle says one sentence every fifthteen minutes and those are the only words that have some structure and sense. I bet the others are nice people but they don't know shit about podcasting.

I'm late to the party in saying this, but GameTrailers was the bee's knees. I'm already missing GT Time. The five personalities (don't forget Ian) worked like no other. It was a good blend of humor, they had plenty of interesting things to say, and it was well organized too. It just felt like everyone was having a good time and that we weren't being panned down to.

BBboy20

I'm surprised they're not talking about the future of PC gaming going by the ramifications of Quantum Break being a Windows 10 "Store" exclusive.

sora87

When Kyle was saying at the end of the stream last night "pitch the rest of the week" it just felt so good, like nothing's happened and everything's cool, we're getting streams all week. Oh man. Can't wait to watch Ian and Huber stream RE Revelations now. + Dragon Quest 8 HYPE! I remember they started streaming it in like 2014 and never got back around to it. :D

Seiniyta

So Kyle is most likely be be on their weekly Secret Hitler (tabletop simulatior) this sunday. That'll be interesting to see (hope he ends up a facist or/and hitler)

Tankard

Watched the SFV stream archive with them, it's just awesome to see them together, they need to regroup and do something all together (not a site, I mean...seriously, i see a lot of people asking them for it, what year is it?).

Ian, kyle, huber, ben I think is a good bare minimum staff to continue onward. Hopefully others too.

Call themselves The Beauty Bois. First priority, a podcast - called The Uneasy Alliance. Hopefully the fact that a impromptu amateur stream at an odd start time which didn't work for thirty minutes of them playing sfv poorly still brought in 1,200 viewers for several hours tells them something.

Ochi

Neo Member
so what is it geoff dos now besides host game award shows ?

Geoff Keighley has always basically done his own thing, and under the strictest definitions, Geoff was never an employee at Gametrailers.

Geoff had something akin to an executive producer role at Spike in relation to GT and GTTV, and he had a separate title that reflected that as his official position.

When GT was split from spike, there wasn't any GT E3 all access show like previous years, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that Geoff wasn't with GT, and with him a lot of other logistical support fell away.

Nowadays Geoff is free to pursue what he's always wanted, his own site, and hosting a good game awards show without interference and meddling from the worst aspects of media and consumerism (remember Dorito pope jokes? Real talk it's wasn't totally in his control to have that there)

Ochi

Neo Member
I have never even heard of that.

Is that what they play inside Gamestop's?

Yep. A rotating cast of reporters including Geoff do quick little bites of coverage on the biggest upcoming games and they loop it nonstop at Gamestop via their TVs and speakers

RichieRich

(works for gametrailers)
Geoff Keighley has always basically done his own thing, and under the strictest definitions, Geoff was never an employee at Gametrailers.

Geoff had something akin to an executive producer role at Spike in relation to GT and GTTV, and he had a separate title that reflected that as his official position.

When GT was split from spike, there wasn't any GT E3 all access show like previous years, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that Geoff wasn't with GT, and with him a lot of other logistical support fell away.

Nowadays Geoff is has always been free to pursue what he's always wanted, his own site, and hosting a good game awards show without interference and meddling from the worst aspects of media and consumerism (remember Dorito pope jokes? Real talk it's wasn't totally in his control to have that there)

Geoff is always working on something. Believe it! Support it!

doorframe

Neo Member
The website is still up with no message. If you don't follow them on social media or browse gaming forums you would have no idea they shut it down overnight.

Engell

We lost GT and videos like this are considered good and popular. We live in sad world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocTMvNcHWjQ

Brought to you by Ubisoft :-(

yDl4Jsa.jpg

Ochi

Neo Member
The website is still up with no message. If you don't follow them on social media or browse gaming forums you would have no idea they shut it down overnight.

You can go onto the actual forums to see threads about it, but yeah, no banner message yet

I hope they get Bosman and Ben on the Gamescast and Brandon and Huber on the GoG show one day, that's the dream right there.

No...

The whole point of all this for the GT crew (or at least some of them) to stay together and do their own thing. Which is basically what kinda funny was saying in that episode.

Top Bottom