• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Today I was finally able to get my kill/death ratio to 1.0 in execution. It's pretty to cool to realize my attitude in Gears has changed dramatically. I made the post a few weeks ago about how I was confused about what to do during a shotgun battle but now I feel as if I have a good understanding of what to do, and as a result, I am much more confident going into them. I happy to have gotten decent at Gears.

Now it's time to master the sniper and torque. haha

Aladuf

Banned
Gotta love how we can go roughly 35-3 in a two night span and not have any change in rank but then Third and I play one Wingman match and lose and I rank down again. I've said it before, but I'll say it again.. I can't fucking WAIT for that new rank system. I'd just like to know why I'm ranking down.

NubCakes09 said:
Today I was finally able to get my kill/death ratio to 1.0 in execution. It's pretty to cool to realize my attitude in Gears has changed dramatically. I made the post a few weeks ago about how I was confused about what to do during a shotgun battle but now I feel as if I have a good understanding of what to do, and as a result, I am much more confident going into them. I happy to have gotten decent at Gears.

Now it's time to master the sniper and torque. haha
Glad to see you're hitting your stride in Gears, man. Half of it is having a competent team which I'm glad we've got. This is by far the most well functioning team I've played with in Gears 1 or 2.

P.S.- Talk to me once you've mastered the ways of the blindfire Torque. ;)

I liked how the one night I play with you guys, we get shat on most of the night.

*you really should pick up SF4*

I'll be playing more gears, just gotta get over the initial buzz of the bestest fighting game eva!

I'm ready to get the group back together tomorrow night and tear the shit out of some people. Those Wingman matches earlier pissed me off. The many ways this game is played is ridiculous. I really wanted to get some games in tonight, but I work with the dude I was playing with and he was really wanting to finish the campaign.

Flunkie said:
M2AF ALADUF IS A BITCH

(Go to GameStop to buy SFIV now!)

GameStop!

Also, have you seen my girlfriends' Valentine's Day pics?
Last night I fell asleep with my laptop on. Half asleep, I decided to look on here for a minute before class. I immediately woke up and headed straight for the shower. I hate you both.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I would like to thank everyone for NOT being online last night. For the first time in about 2 weeks I actually got to bed at a reasonable time.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Aladuf said:
Also, what was the deal with the losing teams quitting out so frequently last night? I know it happens but I guess last night was just the perfect storm and all the hosts on the opposite teams were just major bitches. That got really annoying.

I gotta play with yall I dont mind being on the losing team =)

RSTEIN

ChrisGoldstein said:
I gotta play with yall I dont mind being on the losing team =)

Last night was horrible. Definitely an outlier. We do win *most* of the time. Combination of shitty maps (Avalanche!!), shitty hosts who quit, and the amazing decision to play King of the Hill.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Last night was horrible. Definitely an outlier. We do win *most* of the time. Combination of shitty maps (Avalanche!!), shitty hosts who quit, and the amazing decision to play King of the Hill.
It was a cocktail for disaster.

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
I really want to play with you guys but SFIV has a vicegrip on my DVD tray
:(
So I've seen. :lol

It's ok though, we're always playing so you'll have plenty of chances to get in some games with us again.

Flunkie

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Last night I fell asleep with my laptop on. Half asleep, I decided to look on here for a minute before class. I immediately woke up and headed straight for the shower. I hate you both.
:lol

new for Gears of War 3.....

RocketChainsaw.jpg

http://drasticgraphics.com

Epic Make it Happen

Aladuf

Banned
Has anyone tried to play Gears 1 since Gears 2 came out and like.. been able to actually finish a match?

I just tried giving it a play since I've been missing a couple of the old maps and I struggled to get to the end of one match. The game feels so sloppy compared to Gears 2, it seems to be way slower paced and a lot of the little things (crawling while down, grenade plants, and even smoke grenade stuns) are a huge improvement. Seems like people who still play Gears 1 are way bigger douches too, every time they get someone down they buttfuck you and whip you down with a pistol each time. :lol

Also, Gears 1 sniping is sooooo much easier.

Aladuf said:
Has anyone tried to play Gears 1 since Gears 2 came out and like.. been able to actually finish a match?

I just tried giving it a play since I've been missing a couple of the old maps and I struggled to get to the end of one match. The game feels so sloppy compared to Gears 2, it seems to be way slower paced and a lot of the little things (crawling while down, grenade plants, and even smoke grenade stuns) are a huge improvement. Seems like people who still play Gears 1 are way bigger douches too, every time they get someone down they buttfuck you and whip you down with a pistol each time. :lol

Access Denied

Please tell me you played Clocktower...

ThirdEngine said:
I believe we're going for 10 tonight. I'll probably be on around 9:30 though so I can get my laps in.
going to throw my hat into the ring for tonight as well.

and I'm with you on the warming up thing (fuck tha haters!). I'll play for hours one day, draw praise for making some ridiculous Torque bow shots late in the session, and then the next time I load the game up I will get called a Torque noob and told to pull out my shotty because of how I'm shitting things up.

Seriously, bot matches can help improve your shit as long as you don't exploit their flaws. Their curving bullets help you learn to use cover better and know when to bail out. But at the same time you can grab Longshot or Torque and the round will be over in about 30 seconds. :lol

JB1981

Aladuf said:

no more one-hit sniper downs is a major improvement as well. one thing that gears 1 mp has on gears 2 though is, it looked better - sharper, better textures etc. I would say now that I am accustomed to the gears 2 maps, I think they're pretty damn close to as good as the ones in gears 1 as well

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
no more one-hit sniper downs is a major improvement as well. one thing that gears 1 mp has on gears 2 though is, it looked better - sharper, better textures etc. I would say now that I am accustomed to the gears 2 maps, I think they're pretty damn close to as good as the ones in gears 1 as well
I don't know, you were saying that the other night while we were playing. I just don't see the hit the MP graphics took like you said. No matter if they're better in Gears 1 or not, the poor lighting in that game kills it for me anyways, Gears 2 looks incredibly better, imo. I've totally grown attached to the Gears 2 maps too, I think they felt underwhelming at first because people were so used to those maps in Gears 1 that they played for two straight years.

RSTEIN

Aladuf said:

Actually it appears you can't finish a match in either :lol

Dyno

Finally finished the campaign with my co-op buddy. Great ending to a great game. This for me is the perfect sequel. Some of the fights and environments in the last couple chapters were truly exceptional. There is now a really varied selection of enemies and weapons. Plus I loved how it ended. Who knows what will happen next?

Well done, Epic. Well done. This game outperformed the hype.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Dyno said:
Finally finished the campaign with my co-op buddy. Great ending to a great game. This for me is the perfect sequel. Some of the fights and environments in the last couple chapters were truly exceptional. There is now a really varied selection of enemies and weapons. Plus I loved how it ended. Who knows what will happen next?

Well done, Epic. Well done. This game outperformed the hype.

I feel the total opposite about the game.

Hootie

2real4tv said:
Got to Horde 47 playing with random people....man I wish their were dedicated servers

Holy crap...which map?

I was really amazed that I got to wave 28 with some people yesterday on Security.

sorry for bailing on the pubs early, but a kickass band was in town. had to go rock out. after the show I got the drummer and another band's lead singer baked as hell. :lol

NubCakes09 said:
Private matches are so much fun.
of course they are, HOST!! :D

Hootie

Wow, WTF.

Last night I was playing Horde on Security again with some random people, and we were doing really, really good. We were on Wave 32 when suddenly it said "Connection Lost" and I dropped out of the game.

FUCK.

RSTEIN

ThirdEngine said:
Winning five Wingman matches in a row last night was one of the best moments I've had in Gears 2 so far. :D

wow, that's an amazing feat! I hope Duf ranked back up?

He ranked up right after winning the first game. Wingman seems like the mode that alters your rank the most.

Other than the bitches that quit last night, we had a good run. Let's keep it up tonight.

RSTEIN

I'll be on after Battlestar.

PS. If someone donates me the money, I will change my Live name to | TurdEngine |

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Winning five Wingman matches in a row last night was one of the best moments I've had in Gears 2 so far. :D
Missed this before, yeah this was some sort of miracle shit. We pulled off some crazy stuff last night.. and I'm still laughing because Third wanted to play Horde instead of Wingman.

Horde
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Horde + Boltok = Relaxation

I thought you would feel the same after what happened on Flood...

:0
Sure, I do. But actual MP>>>>>>>Horde

@ Beamber, yeah we'll be playing later but me and Third will be playing Halo til about 11 when RSTEIN gets on. Usually that's later than you play but if you plan on playing late then definitely get in those games.

Top Bottom