• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

chriskun

Hellraizer said:
HB more accurate? More power to me then :D

Host Hammerburst is crazy. Even crazier than Host Shotty or Lancer. I really feel bad when hosting and using HB...sometimes.

Yeah, an active host Hammerburst will down you in about 2 seconds at medium/close range. Someone did a test with the first gears where they proved that the hosts weapons were actually more powerful, looks like this problem has returned.

NubCakes09 said:
Sorry about that Hellraizer, we stopped like an hour after I posted that.

I'll be on around 8-9ish.
No problem, if you guys ever play around this time again just send an invite.

(8-9 est is a bit too late for yé old European)

Gears of War 2 is like a freaking drug when you have a team of 5. I would bet that I have spent at least 4-5 hours each night this weekend playing it, not to mention playing at random times during the day.

So much fun.

Aladuf

Banned
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Aladuf used to be on my friends list.... : (
Wait, really?

I recently removed tons of names that I didn't recognize on my friends list so maybe you were a part of that. That's my bad, I'll send you an invite now so you can get in on our games one of these nights.

Aladuf said:
Wait, really?

I recently removed tons of names that I didn't recognize on my friends list so maybe you were a part of that. That's my bad, I'll send you an invite now so you can get in on our games one of these nights.

I saw you were playing this again and then saw you weren't on my list anymore...

GT-EVERYlosersHERO

I'm on damn near every night. SF4 is gonna cut in on my gears time soon though.

Aladuf

Banned
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
I saw you were playing this again and then saw you weren't on my list anymore...

GT-EVERYlosersHERO

I'm on damn near every night. SF4 is gonna cut in on my gears time soon though.
Seriously, we used to play together a ton.. I'm not sure why I removed you. That's what I get for removing all these people. -_-

Oh well, I sent the friend invite back your way so when you get a chance in between playing SF4 we'll definitely get you in with the few of us for some matches again.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Well, I managed to keep my rank 3 after playing with randoms all day.

Funny shit happened on River. Three of my teammates go get boom. I stay up to keep my eyes on the bridge. We get the boom. I hear the shot. Then I see a Locust body go vertical 300 feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing. :lol It was like he was beamed up by an alien spaceship. RISE TO HEAVEN!

Aladuf

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
Does anyone know when the stats at gearsofwar.com get updated?
Not sure, I was wondering the same thing before because on Saturday night it updated right when we were done playing, but it still hasn't updated our stats from last night.

RSTEIN said:

Funny shit happened on River. Three of my teammates go get boom. I stay up to keep my eyes on the bridge. We get the boom. I hear the shot. Then I see a Locust body go vertical 300 feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing. :lol It was like he was beamed up by an alien spaceship. RISE TO HEAVEN!
That happened during one of our matches last night too (I'm not sure if you were there when it happened) but it was hilarious. The body just flew up all sprawled out and just plopped down a bit later.. so awesome.

RSTEIN said:

Yeah I had this once...in the Campaign. It wasn't a Locust though, but two, TWO Brumaks flying up high.

Flunkie

Banned
Aladuf said:
Wait, really?

Bitch.

JB1981

I'll be on tonight too.

Also I'm doing a solo run on Insane, just beat the sequence with the Sires. Motherfucker that was hard (and cheap). This entire section of the game is very trial and error. I honestly think this game hits it peak when you are trudging thru the underground (just before you are swallowed up by the GIANT WORM!!!! There are some VERY tense and well designed firefights throughout that entire portion of the game.

I should be on tonight, probaly between 9-10 EST. If you guys are gonna be playing I want in. You guys usually do player choice or what? I'm more into Territories than elimination in this game, but I'm down for whatever. I would never touch annex in the first gears, but I fucking love it and king of the hill in gears 2 for some reason.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
JB1981 said:
I'll be on tonight too.

Also I'm doing a solo run on Insane, just beat the sequence with the Sires. Motherfucker that was hard (and cheap). This entire section of the game is very trial and error. I honestly think this game hits it peak when you are trudging thru the underground (just before you are swallowed up by the GIANT WORM!!!! There are some VERY tense and well designed firefights throughout that entire portion of the game.

I beat the first Gears on Insane byself without too much difficulty, but have yet to do it Gears 2.

Having to revive fallen teamates before they bleedout was a horrible addition to the game and makes playing on Insane overly difficult.

JB1981

Gig said:
I beat the first Gears on Insane byself without too much difficulty, but have yet to do it Gears 2.

Having to revive fallen teamates before they bleedout was a horrible addition to the game and makes playing on Insane overly difficult.
There have been a few occasions where I have had to revive a downed teammate, but nothing that has made the game unplayable. In fact, I quite like that I have to revive them, makes the game harder (however it is stupid when they rush into the battlefield and get rocked). Dom saved my ass a NUMBER of times when fighting the Sires, though. Chainsaw'd the shit out dem bitches.

I love these goddamn things. Put me down for a Boomer.

565.jpg

link: http://www.figures.com/databases/ac...actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=565&nl=1

i hope they release Kantuses soon. Or RAAM and Skorge.

I'll be on tonight, like every night! :lol I'm west coast though, and I think a lot of you are east coasters. Makes it tough :/ The few times I've played with you guys was a lot of fun. It's nice to play with peeps that have mics :lol

GT: urLeathrCheerio

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Can we agree right now to never play that shit again?
Man, I hope so. It became a fucking mess to play that KotH match in the end. The framerate just plummets and the game can't keep up with it. Not to mention the spawn camping that happened to some of you guys.. luckily I never had to deal with it but I saw it going down.

Elimination playlist ftw.

RSTEIN

Aladuf said:
Man, I hope so. It became a fucking mess to play that KotH match in the end. The framerate just plummets and the game can't keep up with it. Not to mention the spawn camping that happened to some of you guys.. luckily I never had to deal with it but I saw it going down.

Elimination playlist ftw.

Yeah, I just don't see the fun in territories games. With other FPS/shooter games (e.g. Unreal, Halo, etc.) I get it. It just doesn't work in Gears 2. Smokes, tight maps, nade plants, insanely powerful weapons, etc., makes for a fucking annoying experience. It's just so random.

Aladuf

Banned
Also, what was the deal with the losing teams quitting out so frequently last night? I know it happens but I guess last night was just the perfect storm and all the hosts on the opposite teams were just major bitches. That got really annoying.

whitehawk said:
What happened.
We played a King of the Hill match that was just a total train wreck, tbh. This is why we stick to the Elimination playlist all the time. :lol

Sorry about leaving on such short notice.

Though I am glad I wasn't there to experience the awfulness that is KotH/Annex. As you guys mentioned it just does not work in Gears. Elimination is where it's at!

RSTEIN

Aladuf said:
Also, what was the deal with the losing teams quitting out so frequently last night? I know it happens but I guess last night was just the perfect storm and all the hosts on the opposite teams were just major bitches. That got really annoying.

Yeah, last night was overall just a terrible run.

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
yooooo

tonight?
btw i love ruins - great map
I'm not sure what I'll be doing tonight. I have a feeling I'll hop on at some point but I don't think Third is doing any MP tonight. He made a mention today of playing campaign with a friend of his tonight. Ruins is the greatest, for real. I think I'm up to about 40-15 on the map now.

RSTEIN said:
Yeah, last night was overall just a terrible run.
That's basically all that can be said.

Top Bottom