• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

whitehawk

Banned
DKo5 said:
I'm in a pickle. Help me decide, GAF.

First, I've got the LE + Lancer on pre-order from Amazon. But now I've also got a hookup thats going to be getting in copies on Tuesday and will be holding an LE for me.

Do I cancel the LE from Amazon and just eat the extra cost of getting the game a few days early? If I do that it ends up being $200 for the Lancer + LE. Worth it? Another crappy part about this is if I decline the early copy I'll just be buying one Thursday night at the Universal CityWalk midnight launch to get it signed.

Ahughughug

Guess I'm eating the early copy cost and spending $200 on GOW2 this week :p
IT'S ONLY A DIFFERENCE OF TWO WAYS, WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY YOU IMPATIENT FUCK!

Sorry, but if you can get it early, sure go for it. But if it means $80 for 2 days early, what the hell..

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn it, I missed the stream...

It's strange, but I'm really excited to see and play on the new remakes, especially since we've only seen pics of them so far...

And there's a guy on my friend's list that just started playing Gears 2 today, and I'm sure it's legit also - his info says he's from New York if that helps anyone...

Lkr said:
will they show the trailer on nbc again?
I just saw it... Devotchka music in the background I believe. Quite an interesting choice of music, but nowhere near as effective as the Mad World song.

Tears of War CONFIRMED.

whitehawk

Banned
Some guy on epid forums posted these observations:

These are just a few things I've noticed from all the gameplays I've seen over the months:

- When a body is blown apart, each little body part spews blood instead of random blood just coming out everywhere

- Sand pours out of the sandbags if they are shot. But they do not deflate

- Instead of blood just coming out of bodies, it can now splash and drip on walls, the ground or any cover

- When you shoot someone, blood will come out from that exact same spot

- When the bell is shot, on Gridlock, it will move back and forth

- Little fire particles spew out when using the Scorcher

- The Lancers barrel glows red when firing for long periods of time

- Weapons on the ground light up, so they are more noticeable

- If you shoot a rocky area, then actual individual rocks will crumble off that area

- Trees and bushes now sway side to side alot more realistically

few interesting things i havent noticed myself.

Another live stream apparently too: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/u1337#

Aladuf

Banned
I don't know if anyone saw the stream earlier when the guy was playing the Flashback maps but he played Tyro and that map looks awesome as hell now. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually want to play Tyro Station now. D:

whitehawk

Banned
Aladuf said:
I don't know if anyone saw the stream earlier when the guy was playing the Flashback maps but he played Tyro and that map looks awesome as hell now. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually want to play Tyro Station now. D:
Dude, Tyro Station in Gears 1 was awesome!

Aladuf

Banned
whitehawk said:
Dude, Tyro Station in Gears 1 was awesome!
I never cared for it too much, but this time around it looks incredible. I like the whole urban environment to it now. Plus the actual map itself looks a lot more open and bigger.

whitehawk

Banned
Oh ya, I read on the Epic forums, an admin confirmed that the Golen Lancer and hammerburst is NOT unlockable in the game. You need the codes.

dagZ

Hey, if anyone doesn't want their golden hammerburst code, or has an extra, could I possibly get it because no gamestop around me is doing it. :(

Frester

Flunkie said:
Agreed. Mostly because of the Torque Bow.

The Torque bow was the only redeeming feature on this map for me.

Question about the midnight launch bonuses: do you get both the Lancer and Hammerburst? One or the other? Depends on the retailer? I don't really care either way, just curious.

Aladuf

Banned
Frester said:
Question about the midnight launch bonuses: do you get both the Lancer and Hammerburst? One or the other? Depends on the retailer? I don't really care either way, just curious.
Golden Lancer comes with the Limited Edition

Golden Hammerburst comes with whatever midnight launches have it (most likely all Gamestops)

whitehawk

Banned
Frester said:
The Torque bow was the only redeeming feature on this map for me.

If you buy the LE, you get the lancer for sure. If you buy either version at midnight (Or pre-order if their not doing midnight) then you get the hammerburst.

h3ro

Aladuf said:
Golden Lancer comes with the Limited Edition

Golden Hammerburst comes with whatever midnight launches have it (most likely all Gamestops)

Heard you had some good matches last night with my brother, it inspired him to sign up on GAF... :lol

I need me some Golden Hammerburst, guys... :/

chriskun

so here's the deal, I wanna really play this game on launch, but my 360 red-ringed again a week ago. So without saying, I'm NOT gonna be able to play this shit at launch, which HECKA bums me out. So I'm considering buying a 360 from Best Buy and returning it once i get my 360 back. Is anyone familiar with Best Buy's return policy???? Can I return it once I've opened all the plastic packaging????

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Heard you had some good matches last night with my brother, it inspired him to sign up on GAF... :lol
Ah yeah your brother, it's like you unleashed a pack of dogs on me. I was not fresh at all yesterday when I picked up the controller to play Gears again and then he came in there and in most cases ripped me apart. He was an entertaining guy though. h3ro "version 2.0" is what he is. :lol

whitehawk

Banned
chriskun said:
so here's the deal, I wanna really play this game on launch, but my 360 red-ringed again a week ago. So without saying, I'm NOT gonna be able to play this shit at launch, which HECKA bums me out. So I'm considering buying a 360 from Best Buy and returning it once i get my 360 back. Is anyone familiar with Best Buy's return policy???? Can I return it once I've opened all the plastic packaging????
I'm pretty sure this is possible, because i've done this with Futureshop in Canada, which is owned by BestBuy. (The stores are idental except for the name and the sales)

Lkr

I'm going to call Gamestop tomorrow as an upset customer, because I can't go to the midnight launch and I want hammerburst. Let's see what they say

h3ro

whitehawk said:
I've played it, I know it does.

As for splitscreen online, 99.9% sure its possible.

Cool, that's good news. I wasn't 100% sure anyway... I hope that there is split screen Horde online though...

Just ordered the LE from Circuit City. I called the 800 number...no problems here. Got my 1600 MP points and free shipping :D. If you think you can survive not having it first day and feel like getting $20 worth of stuff free you should definitely do it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
chriskun said:

If you're hesistant about Best Buy, try Wal-Mart.

Zoltrix

ergo said:
Yeah you can. I have heard conflicting things, but I saw a youtube vid of it yesterday and the guy loaded it up with the splitscreen

edit:

here ya go, hopefully it is actually there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pCMYPs8j1Q

Awesome! As thanks, I give you a smile:

running-cute-puppies.pg-small.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Great I just got the ending semi-spoiled for me. some guy has a video on youtube thats says 'level 50 horde footage'

dont click it, its the ending. Luckily i saw the first second and it didn't really spoil anything.

Aladuf

Banned
whitehawk said:
Great I just got the ending semi-spoiled for me. some guy has a video on youtube thats says 'level 50 horde footage'

dont click it, its the ending. Luckily i saw the first second and it didn't really spoil anything.
Youtube is a fucking crapshoot right now. I had
the death
(semi "spoiler" for those who haven't kept up with Gears 2 news too much) in Gears 2 spoiled for me about a week back. :/

Aladuf

Banned
NameGenerated said:
wat.
(don't answer that)
That shouldn't be a spoiler, they've said for a while that someone dies in Gears 2. It's part of the story being a deeper, more emotional experience and all that stuff.

Aladuf

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Ok, I just wasn't familiar with it so I didn't know. No problem.
Eh, it's my bad anyways. I assume sometimes that everybody has kept up with all the Gears 2 stuff as much as me.. I doubt many people have. :lol

dexterslu said:
Does anyone know what time reviews are going up tomorrow?
So far it seems like at least IGN and Gamespot will hit at around 9 am EST. As for others, the best bet would be soon after (except for Gametrailers, it'll be up on Tuesday for whatever reason)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Aladuf said:
Youtube is a fucking crapshoot right now. I had
the death
(semi "spoiler" for those who haven't kept up with Gears 2 news too much) in Gears 2 spoiled for me about a week back. :/

I had the same thing spoiled for me too. Even in gears 1 videos people comment spam spoilers for 2, so I know a lot of important things that happen.

Top Bottom