• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

dexterslu

Aladuf said:
So far it seems like at least IGN and Gamespot will hit at around 9 am EST. As for others, the best bet would be soon after (except for Gametrailers, it'll be up on Tuesday for whatever reason)

I Know Jeff from GB said his review will be up tomorrow at some point, pretty excited about hearing Jeff's opinion. I'm guessing people are enjoying it, ncroal's twitter update made it seem like he enjoyed it as well as jeff's...

cresto

joshuagor44 said:
Awesome! As thanks, I give you a smile:

running-cute-puppies.pg-small.jpg
lol i enjoyed that

dexterslu said:
Does anyone know what time reviews are going up tomorrow?

take it from me, ITS AWESOME, if you liked the first one you will like this one and perhaps even more like I did.

but dont expect to get something new, its gears and it plays like gears, however there are some miner changes to the gameplay.

cool new and BIGGER areas, and so many other awesomethings in this game that will have you screaming out words like, whoooo! awesome! Cool! hell yeah bitches! look at that, holy shit!

you get my point.

bottomline is BUY IT! you wont regret it!

cresto

robertsan21 said:
take it from me, ITS AWESOME, if you liked the first one you will like this one and perhaps even more like I did.

but dont expect to get something new, its gears and it plays like gears, however there are some miner changes to the gameplay.

cool new and BIGGER areas, and so many other awesomethings in this game that will have you screaming out words like, whoooo! awesome! Cool! hell yeah bitches! look at that, holy shit!

you get my point.

bottomline is BUY IT! you wont regret it!
how did you receive it early, sir?

NeXuSDK

My review is going up at 15.00 CET, which is 5½ hours from now. I guess other reviews will follow suit.

Tomcat

Gears 2 will need a patch very soon to fix some problems with the online gaming

The glitches offcourse

Where is the custom map cycle for the private matches? Now every time we finish a game it throws us back to the party lobby. There the host has to start over and get us in the pre game lobby. And not only that but it changes the teams randomly every time. What it should do is after we finish a game return us to the pre game lobby and dont change the teams.

The pace. The game feels too slow. The movement of your character feels like something is dragging him to the ground. Its not as fluid as gow1 was.

Give us the option in private matches to remove grenade wall tagging. Especially the frag grenades. Its cheap and it promotes camping.

Why we cant see the pings? Why keep them secret?

Tone down the chainsaw. Gow1 was a shotgun fest and now its becoming a chainsawing fest. You shoot the guy with the chainsaw and it doesnt fall like in gears 1

Shotgun is dead. It fires so slow that your better chance to kill the other guy is to change to lancer and try to chainsaw him

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Tomcat said:
Gears 2 will need a patch very soon to fix some problems with the online gaming

The glitches offcourse

Damn, people found that stuff out already?!!

Where is the custom map cycle for the private matches? Now every time we finish a game it throws us back to the party lobby. There the host has to start over and get us in the pre game lobby. And not only that but it changes the teams randomly every time. What it should do is after we finish a game return us to the pre game lobby and dont change the teams.

Shit, that sucks.

The pace. The game feels too slow. The movement of your character feels like something is dragging him to the ground. Its not as fluid as gow1 was.

Good, the first Gears of War mutliplayer was way too fast and even though it has been slowed some, it needs to be slowed downed even more. Time to get your ass into cover!!!

Give us the option in private matches to remove grenade wall tagging. Especially the frag grenades. Its cheap and it promotes camping.

I don't really see how this is cheap, I mean you can shoot them to get them to explode. And this is another thing that will slow the game down and stop people from rushing in blindly.

Tone down the chainsaw. Gow1 was a shotgun fest and now its becoming a chainsawing fest. You shoot the guy with the chainsaw and it doesnt fall like in gears 1
Yeah, that was kinda a problem in the first game and now it looks even worse. Epic really wants us to use that Lancer.

Shotgun is dead. It fires so slow that your better chance to kill the other guy is to change to lancer and try to chainsaw him
Shotgun getting nerfed.............................................Nice!!!

Watching it now. Some minor spoilers but I basically just time skipped past any cutscene footage. Lulz @ the Golden Lancer. Shit stands out so much its not even funny. If my hammerburst is as shiny I might consider just swapping it for default.

Wtf @ the last few seconds. I turned it off immediately. Not sure wtf I was looking at on that monitor!!!

Kibbles

Very positive 1UP review, thought it was going to get an A+ based off what they said. It scored a solid A. :D

Aladuf

Banned
Great video review from 1up, everything sounded really positive. And that Golden Lancer is slick as hell but it stands out like crazy. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Strangely, with all the hype I have/had for Mirror's Edge, Fable, Fallout, Dead Space, Banjo, L4D and LBP this game has been the one to fly under the radar.

There's a new Gears game coming out in a few days. HELL FUCKING YEAH

Chinner

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Eurogamers Review will be online at 2PM GMT. So i think in 10min.
You are indeed correct sir!

I am predicting that they will give Gears 2 the combined score of 18/20!

Chinner said:
You are indeed correct sir!

I am predicting that they will give Gears 2 the combined score of 18/20!

They didn't think much of the first one and it had the wow factor, I expect a 7 from EG

Aladuf

Banned
S1kkZ said:
gametrailers video review is online.
Shit, I thought this wasn't hitting until tomorrow. I don't have time to watch now but I've got it primed and ready for when I get home in a couple hours.

Top Bottom