• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf said:
I'm jealous of you RJ.. that sounds like it could have been amazing fun.

It COULD have been. But it wasn't. The guy just stood in the same spot looking up and down for all 5 rounds.

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

-PXG-

Flunkie said:
M2AF! ANYONE UP FOR SOME LATE NIGHT GEARS 2 SESSIONS?! I WORK AT GAMESTOP

Oh come on. I've never said that. :lol

However, because my profile says I work at GS, I get SOOOOOOO many requests for codes and otherfree shit. Like I have any :lol

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
It COULD have been. But it wasn't. The guy just stood in the same spot looking up and down for all 5 rounds.
Well, he was busy having his mind blown from down being up and up being down. That probably shook him down to his very foundation.

I think I'm getting on now, anyone game?

Flunkie

Banned
-PXG- said:
Oh come on. I've never said that. :lol

However, because my profile says I work at GS, I get SOOOOOOO many requests for codes and otherfree shit. Like I have any :lol
Do you have any codes and/or free shit?

-PXG-

Flunkie said:

No for real. People will ask me if I have pre-order gifts. T-shirts, codes, key chains, you name it. People STILL bug me about 48 hour and the GTA IV 1 month cards (I got three of those on my desk).

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
No for real. People will ask me if I have pre-order gifts. T-shirts, codes, key chains, you name it. People STILL bug me about 48 hour and the GTA IV 1 month cards (I got three of those on my desk).
Can I have a GTA IV 1 month code then?.. I mean, it's just on your desk.

if you said nothing then I wouldn't have asked

Flunkie

Banned
-PXG- said:

Aladuf said:
TU3 and the Snowblind map pack, baby! :D
you know it! give me a dedicated Elimination DLC playlist and i'll be giddy like a 10 year old on christmas morning. being able to put those Combustible maps to use would be nice.

Mr YuYu

Still amazes me that EPIC can make such a great multiplayer game and then fuck it up by having a shitty netcode :-(

Two games in a row now where i am the only one on the team.

1 vs 5 LETS DO THIS...

RSTEIN

warbegins said:
you know it! give me a dedicated Elimination DLC playlist and i'll be giddy like a 10 year old on christmas morning. being able to put those Combustible maps to use would be nice.

are you going to be playing peggle all night or are you going to join us real men?

Flunkie

Banned
I'm on right now and will be playing for another 30 minutes 'til 24 comes on. It's up in the air after that.

Matchmaking alone = scary

It's taken 5 minutes to find an "opposing team of similar skill."

Flunkie

Banned
Yep, I had a guy on my team running around in circles shooting his shotgun in the spawn area the whole match. And that can't be just by chance, or he was gone and his controller was in a weird position - you have to pull out your shotgun when you spawn.

Beautiful.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My xbox live name is pelicansurf, if you guys want to add me. Me and my roommates play occasionally. Me and my roommate who own the game (my other roommate just has a live account to play gears with us) are pretty beastly and I wouldn't mind playing with you guys.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
What is the difficulty on Gears 2 compared to the first game? We're talking playing on the least difficult setting. I've heard Gears 2 is rather easy.

JB1981

Darkmakaimura said:
What is the difficulty on Gears 2 compared to the first game? We're talking playing on the least difficult setting. I've heard Gears 2 is rather easy.
Roughly the same on Hardcore. Insane on the sequel is much, much harder imo.

Mohonky

JB1981 said:
Roughly the same on Hardcore. Insane on the sequel is much, much harder imo.
Really?

I felt Gears 2 was a lot easier than the original on all modes. A lot of that has to do with the fact that there weren't nearly as many cheap enemies (exploding Wretches). Gears 1 could be very frustrating, where as Gears 2 felt like a challenge without being frustrating.

Aladuf

Banned
Good job last night, ladies. We went 7-0 in our matches and if you take into account the 2 or 3 matches where the other host quit out due to us absolutely destroying them, we'd be around 10-0 for the night, I'd guess.

JB1981

Mohonky said:
Really?

I felt Gears 2 was a lot easier than the original on all modes. A lot of that has to do with the fact that there weren't nearly as many cheap enemies (exploding Wretches). Gears 1 could be very frustrating, where as Gears 2 felt like a challenge without being frustrating.

Don't agree at all. Gears 2 relies on way too many trial and error scenarios which result in extremely cheap deaths. Gears 1 had way less of that, had close quarters firefights that didn't require you to kill 'x' amount of players/bosses/things in 'x' amount of time or go back to your last checkpoint game design.

RSTEIN

Aladuf said:
Good job last night, ladies. We went 7-0 in our matches and if you take into account the 2 or 3 matches where the other host quit out due to us absolutely destroying them, we'd be around 10-0 for the night, I'd guess.

Yup, good times. That comeback win was awesome. After TU3, there are only two things left for Epic to fix:

1) Host migration

~OR~

2) Real time stat tracking.

I'd take either or. If you get a kill, it should be uploaded to your stats immediately or between rounds. Every round won or lost should be uploaded after it is completed. If your team has more rounds won before the host quits, you get the victory and the quitters get a loss. Real time stat tracking would discourage quitting big time.

Aladuf said:

Just the good ol' days of 3 weeks ago.

Aladuf

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
Just the good ol' days of 3 weeks ago.
Which is why we might want to avoid overplaying Gears. :lol

I'll be on tonight at around the normal time. I'm sharpening my shotgun right n-

nm

woobit

Diablohead said:
Gears 2 is easily one step behind in challenge then gears 1 is, insane in 2 is hardcore in 1, etc.

I agree. I played GoW1 on easy (I NEVER play shooters), but I'm currently doing GoW2 on medium - which actually seems easier. Should've picked hardcore from the start, can't really bother starting over atm.

RSTEIN

warbegins

Achievement Unlocked
Date: March 11 2009
Game: Peggle

1ICLiGJhbC9DFQUXXFJRFzg5L2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn+7HD-Q==.jpg

Free! Free! Free Ball!
Rack up the score or hit the bucket for 3 free balls in one shot.

While you were playing with your balls we were playing Gears.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
woobit said:
I agree. I played GoW1 on easy (I NEVER play shooters), but I'm currently doing GoW2 on medium - which actually seems easier. Should've picked hardcore from the start, can't really bother starting over atm.
I also suck hard when it comes to shooters but found Gears 1 challenging but not overbearing, except for the final fight with RAAM, who I cannot beat. Sounds like I'm going to enjoy Gears 2 if it's a bit on the easier side.

Top Bottom