• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Ill probably be able to play with you guys sooner than I though. I sent my 360 in monday, and its already been shipped, so it will probably be here tomorrow :D The repair place is like a 20 minute drive from my house :)

cresto

So I went to play gears 2 today and it took about 15 minutes to get into a game and then i was disconnected. soooooo, fuck this game i hope TU3 actually makes it worth the $60 price tag

Aladuf

Banned
:lol

I decided to youtube that fucking tool (aka, the hardass from Çïñçïññätï,Øhïø) and he's got one video up, its title is ".: Capture Card Info:. !!!!!". In that video he has about 20 seconds of pink font saying he's getting a capture card and then there's about 3 minutes and 20 seconds of a song playing.

That guy was so much fun to fuck with, poor bastard couldn't handle our shit.

I wanted to play with you guys tonight, but you already had a full party. I ended up playing with some other friends and we got standbyed twice, both in king of the hill games that were were winning up until the fucking cheating started. Can't wait for TU3 to see how these bastards deal with it.

Is there anything in the update to combat people bridging for host? I heard it would actually check upstream bandwidth now when picking host, if that's true then that should take care of it but I don't remember reading anything about that on the epic forums.

Shins

Banned
Aladouchebag said:
any fools wanna 1v1 on Blood Drive, custom weapons, no flame, no nades LETS GO I WILL ROCK YOU I AM CALVIN SCHOOLAGE

€Õ€K¿

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf said:
:lol

I decided to youtube that fucking tool (aka, the hardass from Çïñçïññätï,Øhïø) and he's got one video up, its title is ".: Capture Card Info:. !!!!!". In that video he has about 20 seconds of pink font saying he's getting a capture card and then there's about 3 minutes and 20 seconds of a song playing.

I went to his site too. There's one vid of him and his friend in a 2vs2 trying to get no scope headshots. His friend seems a lot better than him. Sent him a message "checked out your site bro... all I see is you getting killed lots set to crappy music."

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Zezboob said:
I hope I am not the only one in this case.

Thank you for your understanding.

You're not, but it doesn't matter. Gaffers have asked Gaffers not to use this thread for mp scheduling previously, but it's been for naught. For what it's worth, I agree with you though.

Zezboob said:
Sorry guys, I didn't want to bitch during all this time, but there is a thread in order to to schedule online meetings and all the stuff around.

I know that it's less convenient but that's how things are designed on GAF and I got be tired to check this thread every time to see that in fact there is absolutely no infos, only rendez vous, private jokes and stuff.

Heaven forbid we use this thread for planning games and making jokes.

Shins

Banned
Zezboob said:
Sorry guys, I didn't want to bitch during all this time, but there is a thread in order to to schedule online meetings and all the stuff around.

I know that it's less convenient but that's how things are designed on GAF and I got be tired to check this thread every time to see that in fact there is absolutely no infos, only rendez vous, private jokes and stuff.

tails8.gif

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Zezboob said:

Huh.
Huuuuh....

It's an official thread where few people except them hang out. Doesn't bother me. Also keeps me up to news about Gears 2. =P

Zezboob

luxarific said:
You're not, but it doesn't matter. Gaffers have asked Gaffers not to use this thread for mp scheduling previously, but it's been for naught. For what it's worth, I agree with you though.
Yup, not starting well. But it's worth a try. Or not.

RSTEIN said:
Every official thread for big multiplayer games generally devolve into scheduling online meet ups... see Halo 3/Killzone 2/Gears. I'm not saying that's OK (I really don't fucking care) but that's just the way it is and the mods seem to go with it.
I know, but it principally due to the fact that the Online / Matchup Forum is relatively recent and people didn't lost their bad habits. But the creation of the section seems to mean that mods don't go with it.

Concerning H3, yes during a long time there was chitchat, even not related to the game ("Hey Bob, guess what ? Yesterday I ate a cake"). Now since the last Map pack it has a normal form.
Concerning KZ2, the game is pretty young and people still about the game itself, the problems, the qualities etc.

But whatever, I think you understood what I meant.

Usually I don't give a shit about it, but since we are close to a title update and a map pack, every time I check this thread, I expect some fresh news about those. Not what did a bunch of 5 guys after watching Lost.

Shins said:
I think we understood that you have a incredible collection of Sonic related smilies.

Shins

Banned
Using the royal we is about as bad as speaking in third person. You're now irrelevant.

Hey did you guys watch Lost last night? It was pretty slick. Then we played Gears.

Zezboob

Shins said:
Using the royal we is about as bad as speaking in third person. You're now irrelevant.

Hey did you guys watch Lost last night? It was pretty slick. Then we played Gears. :D

You know, acting like an ass.... only makes look like an ass. You gain nothing from it.

Edit: oh, I see you edited. Not quick enough though.
Edit 2: I see you edited again, not sure of what you're trying to do...

Shins

Banned
I disagree!

edit: ellipses are pretty annoying too!
edit 2: We see you're refreshing a lot. We're not sure what you're looking for...
edit 3: quit stirring the pot mr. pot-pants
edit 4: We're having a fairly good game right now. Personally, I like playing a five-player matchmaking session, since having custom matches while using party chat makes for a confusing, annoying experience. It'd be nice if in TITLE UPDATE THREE (this post is now relevant, and it only took eight minutes and four edits; a personal BEST!), they fixed the voice chat in-game to mirror Gears of War 1's setup, but ehhhh
edit 5: make that nine (9) minutes.
edit 6: and here's a puppy
puppy.jpg

edit 7: noticed a grammatical error in edit 2
edit 8: round three of that, our latest match was quite intense. It's a shame no one will much care about that fact out of context.
edit 9: referring back to edit 4 for a second, I have to say that the mood of playing Gears 2 is so different from Gears 1 now that the shit-talking in the dead players channel is basically gone. It really seems to remove some of the fun of competition for me.
edit 10: whoops, forgot to start searching for the next match!
edit 11: changed the url on that puppy pic, wouldn't want to get into trouble over hotlinking.
edit 12: nice to see aladuf taking the high ground diplomatic route. I admire that, if I do not emulate it myself.
edit 13: anyone know if they're going to change the default weapons on maps like Pavilion? The inclusion of the mortar and mulcher makes the map horrendous.
edit 14: though if they simply included Benny Hill as the map's soundtrack that could work too
edit 15: its a fantastic song is all I'm saying really lightens things up ¯\(°_0)/¯
edit 16: 5-0 on Pav. despite the balance issues we are rocking this shit it is FANTASTIC

Aladuf

Banned
If this thread was actually active besides our nightly match talk then I'd say it'd be a good idea for us to go to the Online thread, but this thread is basically dead these days so I see no point.

I have the OP updated with TU and DLC news but my guess is no one is too worried about checking it anyways.

Zezboob

WTF Shins :lol At least it made laugh.
You should not take it too much personally.

But, since at one moment you deigned to speak general stuff in your fourth edit, I will answer you. Yes the TU3 is supposed to fix it.
* Adds the ability for teams to talk to each other between rounds in a Private Match.

PS: I prefer cats over dogs and no I don't refresh the topic, but thanks for your care.

Aladuf said:
If this thread was actually active besides our nightly match talk then I'd say it'd be a good idea for us to go to the Online thread, but this thread is basically dead these days so I see no point.

I have the OP updated with TU and DLC news but my guess is no one is too worried about checking it anyways.
I understand, but like I said, this topic started to be "active" again recently due to the TU3, and it will certainly be more after.

I even understand how it's easier to make the meetings here, and one~two posts here and there doesn't hurt, but really recently it turned into a msn chat.

Top Bottom