• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

smik

its a matter of to little to late here im afraid, the fact that everyone on my friends list also have deserted this is enough for me. this POS will never be in my tray again Period.

Killzone 2 really took the ball and ran with it, so its my main online game for the year atm.

Shoogoo

That's awesome news! But most of my friends have gone elsewhere by now :(

Any chances I could join fellow-gaffer-geow2-crew ? My spoken english sucks a little and I was more of a horde player but this patch seems to balance it enough to give public matches another try!

Mohonky

God I fucking hope they fix the lag issues for Aussies with this update. I seriously do. If they get it right I'll be buying the new maps asap. Though really, the maps should be free considering as an apology for the cluster fuck thats been the lag till this day.

I'm concerned they say this is a region preference and not a region filter......usually that means we still get fucked over

Aladuf

Banned
smik said:
its a matter of to little to late here im afraid, the fact that everyone on my friends list also have deserted this is enough for me. this POS will never be in my tray again Period.

Killzone 2 really took the ball and ran with it, so its my main online game for the year atm.

:lol :lol

It's the same fucking post every time, tell me I'm not the only one who notices?

JB1981

Aladuf said:

It's the same fucking post every time, tell me I'm not the only one who notices?
How were the games last night? I don't think I'm jumping back in till the patch comes out. Can't WAIT for that shit. My biggest hope is that the region filter reduces lag a bit. The rest is just icing - thank god it's free, though lol

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
How were the games last night? I don't think I'm jumping back in till the patch comes out. Can't WAIT for that shit. My biggest hope is that the region filter reduces lag a bit. The rest is just icing - thank god it's free, though lol
Pretty damn good actually, only thing that sucked was that we never had a full group of five. Otherwise, we were winning a few and weren't shitting up the place getting all frustrated the whole time, so it was a smooth return to Gears. TU3 will be so good though, and I can't wait for those maps.

h3ro

Aladuf said:
Pretty damn good actually, only thing that sucked was that we never had a full group of five. Otherwise, we were winning a few and weren't shitting up the place getting all frustrated the whole time, so it was a smooth return to Gears. TU3 will be so good though, and I can't wait for those maps.

No way! I was gonna join you guys, but I saw you had five in the party... Didn't recognize one of the guys so I figured you had a full lobby. I finished the SP in Co-op a week ago and I've been wanting to play some MP...

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
No way! I was gonna join you guys, but I saw you had five in the party... Didn't recognize one of the guys so I figured you had a full lobby. I finished the SP in Co-op a week ago and I've been wanting to play some MP...
You know, I have no clue who that fifth guy was, and if it was somebody from GAF, I apologize, but the person joined the party and never spoke a word and never got into our games. Too bad. :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Strider2K99 said:
I would love to join you guys too, but especially with school and other games taking up my time, it's tough. :(

2823v5u.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I always knew Domino had a thing for Gears, but I had no idea that there were more Halo Gears lovers like myself...

Aladuf said:

No, I don't think you're the only one, I can recall some deja-vu with this guy with this same shtick quite a bit in this thread...

REV 09

Aladuf said:
You know, I have no clue who that fifth guy was, and if it was somebody from GAF, I apologize, but the person joined the party and never spoke a word and never got into our games. Too bad. :(
that was actually one of my Halo friends...don't know what he was doing. i thought it was kind of weird myself. If he ever does it again boot him from the party. He doesn't even have Gears.

Aladuf

Banned
REV 09 said:
that was actually one of my Halo friends...don't know what he was doing. i thought it was kind of weird myself. If he ever does it again boot him from the party. He doesn't even have Gears.
ohh, ok! I honestly thought he was just some random person we'd been playing with at some point. :lol

zaidr

Just a question to people who's bought the current DLC...do you get to play those maps on a regular basis? I keep playing either River, Blood Drive, Jantico and Ruins over and over...no other map ever comes up from their original 16 or whatever...so, is it worth getting the DLC, or is it just gonna sit there unused?

Aladuf

Banned
zaidr said:
Just a question to people who's bought the current DLC...do you get to play those maps on a regular basis? I keep playing either River, Blood Drive, Jantico and Ruins over and over...no other map ever comes up from their original 16 or whatever...so, is it worth getting the DLC, or is it just gonna sit there unused?
I never go into the DLC playlist.. not because the maps are bad but because I don't like to have the playlist mixed up with all the gametypes. If they had playlists that were DLC Elimination, DLC Territories, etc. then I'd play them a whole hell of a lot more. I think someone said that the playlists are being changed up with TU3 to not mix so many gametypes (I need to look at that post again to see) so maybe they'll improve the DLC playlists too. Either way, I'm buying the new maps and I will play them because it's motherfuckin' Fuel Depot.

edit: maybe hold out on the Combustible maps for a little bit, I wonder if it could be possible they'll go free once the Snowblind maps come out?

zaidr

Aladuf said:
I never go into the DLC playlist.. not because the maps are bad but because I don't like to have the playlist mixed up with all the gametypes. If they had playlists that were DLC Elimination, DLC Territories, etc. then I'd play them a whole hell of a lot more. I think someone said that the playlists are being changed up with TU3 to not mix so many gametypes (I need to look at that post again to see) so maybe they'll improve the DLC playlists too. Either way, I'm buying the new maps and I will play them because it's motherfuckin' Fuel Depot.

edit: maybe hold out on the Combustible maps for a little bit, I wonder if it could be possible they'll go free once the Snowblind maps come out?

Or maybe a 2 for 1 discount? Epic still good about eventually making the maps free like before? At least then, the player base online wouldn't be splintered.

Ramirez

Like 4 out of the 6 games I've played today have had the opposing team quit out to 1-2 guys left before the match even starts, so dumb.

Hopefully the update is good enough to fix most of these problems, the game is so good when it works out correctly.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Has there been an update on how Epic will try and improve lag? Region filtering sounds good and all but I would like something a little more concreate.

Also hit detection...and host advantage...

I'm looking forward to TU3...I really miss Gears...KZ2 was fun whilst it lasted but it hasn't got anything on CoD4 and Gears.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf Offline
Beamber Netflix
REV09 Halo Wars
ZIROCOOL Dashboard
|ThirdEngine| Offline
warbegins Dashboard

No dynamite ;_;

-PXG-

Holy shit!??!?!!? There are new maps coming!??!! I need to get back into Gears PRONTO!!!!

EDIT

Just read about up on TU3 and the new maps. OMG!!!! Gears 2 is redeemed!!!!

Aladuf

Banned
Sorry I missed out on the matches tonight (were there even matches?).

I'll be around tomorrow night, I was out tonight and just got back so it's a bit too late for Gears'n.

RSTEIN said:
Aladuf Offline
Beamber Netflix
REV09 Halo Wars
ZIROCOOL Dashboard
|ThirdEngine| Offline
warbegins Dashboard

No dynamite ;_;

:( no NubCakes? hahah I kid.

Yeah, sorry about not being on these past days, but I will try to be on tonight/this week. I am so pumped to get back into Gears.

And I probably read past this but when is TU3 supposed to come out?

RSTEIN

NubCakes09 said:
:( no NubCakes? hahah I kid.

Yeah, sorry about not being on these past days, but I will try to be on tonight/this week. I am so pumped to get back into Gears.

And I probably read past this but when is TU3 supposed to come out?

Haha, sorry! Haven't seen you online lately so I wasn't associating you with Gears when I wrote it!

war, Rev and I had a fairly successful night. We won the majority of the matches, I think. My chainsaw was working great, I didn't use anything but. Two games I had 10+ kills using nothing but the saw.

RSTEIN

Aladuf said:
I'm just not in a gaming mood tonight. :(

Thanks to you, I had the traumatic experience of playing a match with some guy who has NEVER played the game before... not even the campaign! Our conversation, without hyperbole or embellishment:

Random: hey... I've never played this game before.
(long pause, finally I speak up)
Me: OK...
Random: what is the point of this exactly?
Me: Um...
Random: what is the objective?
Me: Kill the other team. We're Locusts, kill the COG.
Random: are we playing with other dudes over the internet (I AM NOT FUCKING JOKING)
Me: Uh...
Random: I mean, are we against the computer?
Me: No... these are other players.
Random: Uh, when I look up my player looks down.
Other guy on team: how do you have your pad set up?
Random: I don't know, but it's not working.

At this point I removed my headset.

RSTEIN said:
Thanks to you, I had the traumatic experience of playing a match with some guy who has NEVER played the game before... not even the campaign! Our conversation, without hyperbole or embellishment:

Random: hey... I've never played this game before.
(long pause, finally I speak up)
Me: OK...
Random: what is the point of this exactly?
Me: Um...
Random: what is the objective?
Me: Kill the other team. We're Locusts, kill the COG.
Random: are we playing with other dudes over the internet (I AM NOT FUCKING JOKING)
Me: Uh...
Random: I mean, are we against the computer?
Me: No... these are other players.
Random: Uh, when I look up my player looks down.
Other guy on team: how do you have your pad set up?
Random: I don't know, but it's not working.

At this point I removed my headset.
:lol gotta love xbl

Top Bottom