• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
Zezboob said:
Hai guyz, what about stopping being assholes ?

I know, it's hard to change its nature, but nothing is impossible.
I don't think anyone's trying to do anything but have a little fun here, this thread is no different than any other official thread that remains being posted in this far after launch.

We're a small community that still has interest in this game and most of us "know" each other pretty well from playing together for so long, it's just a little sub-forum, if you will. I mean, the fucking Rock Band thread may or may not still have "Haley Fridays" where they just post pictures of the girl from Paramore all day long. Shit like this is always what these threads seem to boil down to.

Sorry if it's a tease to think that every time this thread is bumped it's for an actual update but updates are rare enough for Gears that you should know better. :lol

Zezboob said:
Sorry guys, I didn't want to bitch during all this time, but there is a thread in order to to schedule online meetings and all the stuff around.

I know that it's less convenient but that's how things are designed on GAF and I got be tired to check this thread every time to see that in fact there is absolutely no infos, only rendez vous, private jokes and stuff.

I hope I am not the only one in this case.

Thank you for your understanding.

14xkwt5.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Awesome, my 360 came back today, after only 4 days after I sent it off :D I wasnt here however so I have to pick it up tomorrow. Ill play with you guys tomorrow night :D

cresto

Aladuf said:
I don't think anyone's trying to do anything but have a little fun here, this thread is no different than any other official thread that remains being posted in this far after launch.

We're a small community that still has interest in this game and most of us "know" each other pretty well from playing together for so long, it's just a little sub-forum, if you will. I mean, the fucking Rock Band thread may or may not still have "Haley Fridays" where they just post pictures of the girl from Paramore all day long. Shit like this is always what these threads seem to boil down to.

Sorry if it's a tease to think that every time this thread is bumped it's for an actual update but updates are rare enough for Gears that you should know better. :lol
hey so all my xbl friends have moved on from this game (fuck cod5, looks gay) and i need people to play gears with, really...thats the only way to play gears 2.

hit me up if you have room on your friends list! GT: FREIGHT TRAIN68

Aladuf

Banned
ergo said:
hey so all my xbl friends have moved on from this game (fuck cod5, looks gay) and i need people to play gears with, really...thats the only way to play gears 2.

hit me up if you have room on your friends list! GT: FREIGHT TRAIN68
I just sent you a Friend Request over XBL. We usually play 5-6 nights a week so whenever you're on feel free to join in or we'll just send a game invite your way.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
whitehawk said:
Awesome, my 360 came back today, after only 4 days after I sent it off :D I wasnt here however so I have to pick it up tomorrow. Ill play with you guys tomorrow night :D

Oh yeah, about that. We voted and you're out of the clan. Sorry :\

Shins

Banned
going to be a little tougher to set something up with ergo while he's banned

best make liberal use of the M2AF PXG Protocol in your absence

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
going to be a little tougher to set something up with ergo while he's banned

best make liberal use of the M2AF PXG Protocol in your absence
He's not Banned...?

Or did you change the "Member" tag to "Banned" for everyone on GAF with your Firefox Add-on? :lol

Shins

Banned
I ain't no snitch but I'm just saying is all ¯\(°_0)/¯

edit: hey full recovery have you gotten your 1% medal/trophy/rank thing in Killzone 2 yet?
edit 2: cuz when you playing gears again you be having some split focus imo
edit 3: gotta keep your eye on the prize you know

I won't be on on again until tomorrow night at the soonest. Gotta head out of town for some funeral activities...Hopefully when we play more this weekend I can do better than I did last night!

kuYuri

A bit off-topic, but I'm trying to find Gears of War PC since I got a new PC and to play coop with my friend and holy shit, it's so hard to find. I have no problems finding Halo 2 and Shadowrun, but Gears? Really? Why discontinue that game?

Aladuf

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
A bit off-topic, but I'm trying to find Gears of War PC since I got a new PC and to play coop with my friend and holy shit, it's so hard to find. I have no problems finding Halo 2 and Shadowrun, but Gears? Really? Why discontinue that game?
I've got it for PC. I installed it once, my PC couldn't handle it too well so I didn't play it at all really. I had to wipe my HDD on the PC soon after installing it and haven't messed with it since. I'm pretty sure it can be installed again, but if anybody knows for sure, let one of us know. But yeah, if you want it, I've got it.

kuYuri

Aladuf said:
I've got it for PC. I installed it once, my PC couldn't handle it too well so I didn't play it at all really. I had to wipe my HDD on the PC soon after installing it and haven't messed with it since. I'm pretty sure it can be installed again, but if anybody knows for sure, let one of us know. But yeah, if you want it, I've got it.

Well, I wanted to get a new copy cause I also wanted the free month of Live it comes with, which would be useful. Also, wouldn't buying it used be a problem as far as DRM goes?

Aladuf

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Well, I wanted to get a new copy cause I also wanted the free month of Live it comes with, which would be useful. Also, wouldn't buying it used be a problem as far as DRM goes?
GFW gaming is free but the 1 month of LIVE is good for normal XBL too, so I gotcha there. I have no clue how the DRM works but I was once told by someone who is possibly uninformed on playing actual legit/non-pirated PC games that it could be installed more than once.

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
see here?, ThirdEngine even put on a girl suit for the tribal council where you were voted out.
we joked him real bad

2z65wl1.jpg
If I were to name that avatar, I'd call it Beverly.

Fitting, no?

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
If I were to name that avatar, I'd call it Beverly.

Fitting, no?
ooh, perfect!

Getting an Xbox for you B-day today, brah? Happy Birthday btw, hopefully you end up losing out of The Contest tonight.

kuYuri

Aladuf said:
GFW gaming is free but the 1 month of LIVE is good for normal XBL too, so I gotcha there. I have no clue how the DRM works but I was once told by someone who is possibly uninformed on playing actual legit/non-pirated PC games that it could be installed more than once.

How much are you giving it away for?

Aladuf

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
How much are you giving it away for?
*shrugs*

Maybe just like $10, so I can ship it to you and get a few bucks back on it. Do you want to find out for sure if you can install it with no problems first? I'd hate to sell it to you and then it turns out to be a dud because of some whack activation code issues.

kuYuri

Aladuf said:
*shrugs*

Maybe just like $10, so I can ship it to you and get a few bucks back on it. Do you want to find out for sure if you can install it with no problems first? I'd hate to sell it to you and then it turns out to be a dud because of some whack activation code issues.

I'll get back to you on that.

Shins

Banned
Aladuf said:
coolface.gif

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
http://i39.tinypic.com/15qp2cn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Fuckin' hell, make my ears pointier why don't you?! I look like a Zelda character. :lol

[QUOTE=DevelopmentArrested]i left this thread for a month and im back
[B]wat the fuck happened here[/B][/QUOTE]
Someone spoke up. Don't worry though, normally the thread is dead.

But mostly TU3 news happened, everyone's all giddy.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
So we playing tonight
I will, Third and I are gonna do some bro-op in Army of Two for a little while and then I'll come crawling back to Gears probably around when you usually sign on.

ditching you suckas to finally see Watchmen was easily worth it. tonight, however, me and my trusty friend booze shall be guarding your asses from high atop torque mountain.

Soul4ger

I had my most frustrating Gears 2 experience last night. It was a five-on-five public match, me with nine other randoms I didn't know. I was on a team consisting of two four bar players, two two bars, and a one bar. The other team had a five bar, two four bars, and two two bars. We were outranked from the get go, but one of our two bars left after the second game. On top of that, the map was Hail, so they started with the Boomshot every time because they were COG. In spite of all these setbacks, we played the team to a four-four tie. During the last game, we managed to kill four of them while only one of our members died. It was three-on-one, and I got the Boomshot respawn. They hit standby, and the last guy killed us all, and we lost five to four. I don't know why anyone would do that, especially after an opposing team played so well. I'd have nothing but respect for them, and I certainly wouldn't feel like I was a good player, deserving of my ranking, if I had to cheat to beat a shorthanded team. I don't think I'll play for a few days, after that.

Aladuf

Banned
^^ They couldn't give a shit about you guys. All they saw is that they were about to lose a match and instead of quitting out it's a lot easier for them to just flip a switch and have a win counted. Let's just hope that Epic really found a way to detect and fuck over people who lag switch with TU3.

Soul4ger

Aladuf said:
^^ They couldn't give a shit about you guys. All they saw is that they were about to lose a match and instead of quitting out it's a lot easier for them to just flip a switch and have a win counted. Let's just hope that Epic really found a way to detect and fuck over people who lag switch with TU3.

I understand that they could care less. But I don't get the entire cheating mentality. Where's the fun in killing defenseless opponents? I can't tell you how many times I've played five-on-one AGAINST the one guy, who knows he's host, and just starts immediately by lagging the game. You're not good. You're not accomplishing anything. How is that any fun? Who do you think you're fooling, by earning a ranking by doing shit like that? Or quitting? It's not even like you're getting an achievement for doing it...

Aladuf

Banned
Soul4ger said:
I understand that they could care less. But I don't get the entire cheating mentality. Where's the fun in killing defenseless opponents? I can't tell you how many times I've played five-on-one AGAINST the one guy, who knows he's host, and just starts immediately by lagging the game. You're not good. You're not accomplishing anything. How is that any fun? Who do you think you're fooling, by earning a ranking by doing shit like that? Or quitting? It's not even like you're getting an achievement for doing it...
I know it, ThirdEngine and I were talking about it last night when some guy lag switched our Wingman match. I just don't get what they feel like they're accomplishing from it, there can't be any real sense of victory or anything. I guess is makes them feel good to cheat to win in a video game.

Shins

Banned
If there are ranks, people will compete for them, and some people will cheat their way through. Personally, I would prefer it if there were no rankings, and they just hid the TrueSkill stuff behind the scenes. Adding penalties and XP losses and on and on for the new ranking systems is just attempting to address and issue that could be eliminated by just removing ranks.

Though, as I say that, I realize that there would be a need to remove all forms of rankings and statistics from public view as well. If you can't see your K/D ratio, and no one else can see it, maybe you won't care so much. God knows I've never checked mine. Expect its horrible, but I don't care. I have fun just playing, and I don't alter how I play (quitting/cheating/whoring weapons for maximum 'efficiency') to impress myself. I know if I played a good match. That's all that really counts.

Has anyone else noticed an absolute epidemic of lag-switching lately? It seems like every other game the last couple nights. I am probably going to hold off doing any more Gears MP until the next patch.

-PXG-

monkspider said:
Has anyone else noticed an absolute epidemic of lag-switching lately? It seems like every other game the last couple nights. I am probably going to hold off doing any more Gears MP until the next patch.

Yes, that is why I hopped right off again and played something else. Hopefully people stop doing that and the TU3 will make the game more stable.

Aladuf

Banned
Just noticed that if you compare games with someone on Xbox.com that the new achievements show up. I know they've already told us what they are and all that, but if anyone is wanting to see the pretty picture and whatnot, go check it out.

edit: Here's a couple of photos I uploaded yesterday that were taken a while back.

nevermind? Seems like I can't image tag the url of the pictures off of the site.. I need to see what to do then I'll repost.

REV 09

Aladuf said:
Just noticed that if you compare games with someone on Xbox.com that the new achievements show up. I know they've already told us what they are and all that, but if anyone is wanting to see the pretty picture and whatnot, go check it out.
1237569208.jpg

:D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh man, that would suck if all they have is those 5 ranks and are just separating them by level. I was expecting more exotic rankings. Color me terribly disappointed.

Top Bottom