• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
pelicansurf said:
Oh man, that would suck if all they have is those 5 ranks and are just separating them by level. I was expecting more exotic rankings. Color me terribly disappointed.
I think what it actually is, is the rank is just a number until you get to 100 and then you get the old 5 star rank that you can see in the 100 rank achievement picture.

Buckethead said:
When are they implementing that new experience system?
Tuesday

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
pelicansurf said:
Oh man, that would suck if all they have is those 5 ranks and are just separating them by level. I was expecting more exotic rankings. Color me terribly disappointed.

Well, yeah. They SHOULD have implemented a comprehensive ranking system like Killzone 2 or Call of Duty 4. That would be awesome. But it's a bit late in the game for that. I'm not too disappointed tho. At least it fixes some of the problems associated with having your public rank being tied to TruSkill (it's still being used for matchmaking tho).

Aladuf

Banned
Ok, I just uploaded these bitches to tinypic and now it's time to repost them with a lazier, more forced version of the stories I just had with them before I fucked up that last post.

Not gonna lie, I was about to post this one saying that the bullet trail you can see was actually a sniper shot about to crack that skull but after looking closer it's definitely just the Locust's Lancer shots coming out followed by the heat or smoke trail.

eu0i0n.jpg

And here's another shot that's taken from a different time in the same game. Face has been penetrated and massive headaches are shown.

fempza.jpg

nobody ever uses the camera option in the game and does any posting :(

RSTEIN

I take pics... do I go to Epic to get them?
Edit. NM. I have taken pics, but never realized you have to upload them. Will do :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
We haven't had any standbyers in ages until an entire team from Russia decided to do so after getting their ass handed to them 2-0 in Guardian last night - cussed the hell out of them and they could barely defend themselves when responding...

Cheating morons - I don't get what they feel by having to cheat to win after getting a beatdown, but whatever - update is next week, we'll see what happens with that...

RSTEIN said:
I take pics... do I go to Epic to get them?

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com, go to Photos at the top right...

-PXG-

ThirdEngine said:
I love this one. Looks good too, considering how the graphics take a hit when uploaded.

Gears 2:

Amazing in-game | Crap in photo mode

Halo 3:

Okay in-game | Amazing in photo mode

???

Aladuf

Banned
Kibbles said:
It's pretty bad... if they had saved films it would be a lot more accessible.
Saved films would be so awesome. Halo 3 spoiled the shit out of me with that because I want every game to have that now. Especially Gears.

Aladuf

Banned
How the hell did you get the pic to be that big? I kept looking around to find out on the site but I saw nothing.

edit: nm, got it.. you have to download it not just right click, save as. durr

Bigger versions of the ones I posted earlier. The bullet trail one looks pretty damn cool.

abglr7.jpg

epn18y.jpg

Flunkie

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Those look better compressed anyway.
I think the bullet trail one looks even better in the bigger photo. The textures on the character and gun look amazing. Just wish the lower right block wasn't so low quality.

I remember this (from Third's uploads):

2ms3c0h.jpg

:lol

DoomGyver

JB1981 said:
Damn I wish I could play Halo with a good group. Why do you guys sell games? I never, ever sell games anymore
Just convince them that halo is amazing and that it would be crazy fun if you all played halo online some. Then they'll most likely rebuy it.

Give it about 2 weeks, maybe 1 if they're bored.

REV 09

JB1981 said:
Damn I wish I could play Halo with a good group. Why do you guys sell games? I never, ever sell games anymore
i'm an avid halo player. level 47, can't seem to get higher than that. I'd be up for some games later on if you guys are on.

RSTEIN

Playing with REV and Aladuf earlier today.

I'm so scared I'm shitting chainsaws:
348j1ty.jpg

And boom goes the dynamite:
2dhy4ud.jpg

Fog of War:
2rr08eh.jpg

Chainsaw double team:
2z8von5.jpg

I know I'm about to die but this feels sooooo good:
2rr5oxj.jpg

Dom's love session with another Locust about to be interrupted by a smash to the face:
dh74gh.jpg

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Is the update that's coming out really free or only free for a limited time.

I was hoping they would release an update that would add lambent Wretches and Bezerkers to horde to mix it up. That would be awesome. There would be a whole new level of strategy there.

Also, I hope that they will allow you to narrow the search criteria in the game selection. I have 18 maps and end up playing the same ones most of the time, and people drop out because they don't want to play on River for the 12 time straight.

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/03/20/gears-of-war-2-snowblind-achievements-revealed/

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Playing with REV and Aladuf earlier today.

I'm so scared I'm shitting chainsaws:
348j1ty.jpg
That one looks pretty badass actually. At least mortars are good for something once in a while. :p

Like Third said before in the thread, it reminds me of the brief time where we'd do all the photo-ops in the middle of our games. Good times.

Aladuf said:
It was terrible and made no sense. It's better that you never knew about it until this upcoming XP based one.

It's probably the worst ranking system ever.

Anywhoo, are we gonna get some private matches going on due to the influx of Gaf players? I long for some Gears action, but the group is always full. :(

Aladuf

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
It's probably the worst ranking system ever.

Anywhoo, are we gonna get some private matches going on due to the influx of Gaf players? I long for some Gears action, but the group is always full. :(
Yeah, I've felt kinda shitty seeing you join the party and then leave right away these past couple of nights because you see there's 5 people. The rooms have actually been (too) full lately as opposed to how it usually is with not enough people. Thing is, I'm pretty sure there's a few of us who pretty much hate Private matches so that's why we've stuck to Public.

We need you back in our matches badly, I guess we can do Private if it's too full tonight or we can *hopefully* just have 5 when we start up.

birdman

Aladuf said:
I will, Third and I are gonna do some bro-op in Army of Two for a little while and then I'll come crawling back to Gears probably around when you usually sign on.

Best word created this year.

Top Bottom