• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

RSTEIN said:
And boom goes the dynamite:
2dhy4ud.jpg
:lol i love the gibs in this game.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Just convince them that halo is amazing and that it would be crazy fun if you all played halo online some. Then they'll most likely rebuy it.

Give it about 2 weeks, maybe 1 if they're bored.
eth16e.gif

Ironically, I'd like to thank Full Recovery for making this gif for me since I couldn't find the other one that's basically the same on GAF. He was literally completely unaware of what I needed it for. :lol

Shins

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Just convince them that halo is amazing and that it would be crazy fun if you all played halo online some. Then they'll most likely rebuy it.

Mistakes were made, repeated, and made again. Admittedly. Such is life.

I am not sure that playing a martyr is better.

DoomGyver

Full Recovery said:

And adding to this.

Another tip: Beamber, if you can manage to get one of the guys to play with you then they're even more likely to purchase halo.

It's rather funny to see how it works.

Legs said:
Mistakes were made, repeated, and made again. Admittedly. Such is life.

I am not sure that playing a martyr is better.
What mistake?

Aladuf said:
Yeah, I've felt kinda shitty seeing you join the party and then leave right away these past couple of nights because you see there's 5 people. The rooms have actually been (too) full lately as opposed to how it usually is with not enough people. Thing is, I'm pretty sure there's a few of us who pretty much hate Private matches so that's why we've stuck to Public.

We need you back in our matches badly, I guess we can do Private if it's too full tonight or we can *hopefully* just have 5 when we start up.

Yeah, hopefully you noobs can stop hating on the private matches, cause once TU3 is out, there's gonna (hopefully) be a ton of people on.

Aladuf

Banned
zedge said:
Are the new maps worth the 800 points?
It depends on if you like all sorts of gametypes in Gears. The DLC playlist isn't split up into any separate gametypes (like elimination and territories) so you'll most likely be playing a cocktail of all gametypes while in there. The maps themselves are pretty damn good though, some of us played in the DLC playlist tonight and had a good time.

Flunkie

Banned
Just won $100 in poker tonight, so I'll be set and ready to buy those new Gears maps, and once you all buy Halo
again
, the new Halo maps as well!

Shins

Banned
If only I had a magical machine that could create games for me at little to no personal cost.

What a strange and amazing world that would be!

Aladuf

Banned
Played some Gears 1 for a bit again this morning and I am the complete opposite with blindfiring in both games. In Gears 1, I can blindfire a dudes head off with the sniper without much problem but can't even get close to hitting with the Torque. In Gears 2, I can't ever pull off a sniper blindfire but always get the blindfire Torques. I wonder what it is that makes them feel so different between the games.

I held off on joining any Fuel Depot matches because I want the new version to seem nice and fresh to me but I wonder when we might be getting to see some real previews of the Snowblind maps before they come out? I want to see these sum bitches.

Kibbles

How much will you get if you trade in the Collector's Edition to Game Crazy? I'm trying to estimate a total in of a few games I'd like to trade in...

JB1981

NubCakes09 said:
Yeah, hopefully you noobs can stop hating on the private matches, cause once TU3 is out, there's gonna (hopefully) be a ton of people on.
Who is taking your place now? LOL. Pretty effed up. I haven't played since KZ 2's release (currently playing RE 5). I'll go back to Gears 2 MP to check out the T3 update, but I hate private matches too. For one, everyone likes to stay in a party (which fucks up private matches) and I'd rather kill with you than get killed BY you (Thirdengine why you are so good at games?)

You guys dropped KZ 2 pretty friggin' fast, btw :lol

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
Played some Gears 1 for a bit again this morning and I am the complete opposite with blindfiring in both games. In Gears 1, I can blindfire a dudes head off with the sniper without much problem but can't even get close to hitting with the Torque. In Gears 2, I can't ever pull off a sniper blindfire but always get the blindfire Torques. I wonder what it is that makes them feel so different between the games.

I held off on joining any Fuel Depot matches because I want the new version to seem nice and fresh to me but I wonder when we might be getting to see some real previews of the Snowblind maps before they come out? I want to see these sum bitches.
Gears 1: All bullets come from the center of the screen.

Gears 2: All bullets come from the lower center of the screen.

That's why I always blindfired the torque into the cover right next to me.

What a pisser.

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
Who is taking your place now? LOL. Pretty effed up. I haven't played since KZ 2's release (currently playing RE 5). I'll go back to Gears 2 MP to check out the T3 update, but I hate private matches too. For one, everyone likes to stay in a party (which fucks up private matches) and I'd rather kill with you than get killed BY you (Thirdengine why you are so good at games?)

Nobody is really taking his place per say, just lots of people that we used to play with are all joining up together again so it's constantly way more full than it has been for a while. I agree too, staying in a party chat during Private matches is terrible, that's something I keep trying to get us to stop doing but it doesn't seem to go over too well. I've been pleading for us to cut down on doing the party chats in Ranked games too because it's fun to talk shit with some chump ass named "zXz BeAStG0d69 zXz" when we kick his teams collective ass.

And ThirdEngine.. yes, Third has mindfucked me in every game we play with how consistently good he is at all of them. He just mows down anyone in sight and then is all modest about it. I got like two Torque headshots in a match on Blood Drive last night and I'm going all crazy because it was satisfying as fuck and I'm not expecting those results every time, but then he pops some ridiculous headshot with the sniper and doesn't say a word. douchebag total, amirite? ;)

Speaking of Third, it's been a page since I last posted it, so GIRL SUIT TIME!

2z65wl1.jpg

JB1981 said:

As Aladuf said no one has taken my place, its just that its pretty hard getting a spot on a 5 man team. But it's all good; I am glad to see that Gears is gaining (some) popularity with the Gaffers.

On the topic of private matches, I'm pretty sure that if we were to say no party chat, everyone would follow that.

draven

I'd love private matches. That way it minimizes the awkward voluntary quit outs when regular team members log on, and the lag switching/host quitting douchebaggery.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
yeah, I really don't care whether or not we're in party chat (although it gives me something to do when I die within the first 5 seconds of a round).

RE: Third. Yes, fucker pisses me off greatly with his skill. Last night he's all "fuck I'm playing terrible" and he's like 6-1 and I'm lucky to get out of a game with a k/d ratio >1. I'd take your terrible play over my best play anyday. :lol

Aladuf said:
but then he pops some ridiculous headshot with the sniper and doesn't say a word.

Most smack talkers are full of shit. Those who are truly awesome just let their action speak for them, no words are needed.

Much respect to all the non-smack talkers out there.

Aladuf

Banned
PedroLumpy said:
Most smack talkers are full of shit. Those who are truly awesome just let their action speak for them, no words are needed.

Much respect to all the non-smack talkers out there.
Well, it's not really about smack talking anyone, what I mean is like, I'll get some blindfire Torque headshot and I kinda just go "whoa! hell yeah" or something and he does his business with the sniper rifle and... doesn't react. It's just because it's nothing to him, he faces no challenges anymore! :lol

Aladuf said:
Well, it's not really about smack talking anyone, what I mean is like, I'll get some blindfire Torque headshot and I kinda just go "whoa! hell yeah" or something and he does his business with the sniper rifle and... doesn't react. It's just because it's nothing to him, he faces no challenges anymore! :lol

I certainly didn't mean to imply any sort of negative behavior on your part one way or another. I only played a couple games with ya, I had no complaints.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf said:

Dude when I successfully two-piece I give a fist pump to myself and do a little jig in my living room. When Third takes down an entire team 1 vs. 5 it's just another boring day at the office.

Aladuf

Banned
Before the swarm of replies under this, how many of us have the Combustible maps? I had a hell of a good time getting into that playlist last night and I wouldn't mind doing it again for a bit tonight.

PedroLumpy said:
I certainly didn't mean to imply any sort of negative behavior on your part one way or another. I only played a couple games with ya, I had no complaints.
Nah, I gotcha. I knew you didn't mean anything like that. I remember playing with you too, I think you were on Third's friends list.. are you still playing Gears?

RSTEIN said:
Dude when I successfully two-piece I give a fist pump to myself and do a little jig in my living room. When Third takes down an entire team 1 vs. 5 it's just another boring day at the office.
:lol

It's like when me and him were still playing Killzone 2 and he says to me once "You know 'Duf, this is the same feeling I got when I first started playing Gears 1.. I'm not really good at all but I'm having a hell of a good time." That match he came in first place with 145 points and the next person behind him that came in second place had 86 points. In KZ2, that is nowhere near close.

NubCakes09 said:
Same bad time, same bad place tonight?
Yeah, if your "brother" isn't too busy playing BF:BC all night. :p

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I could just buy them now... was hoping for maybe a deal to be announced.
Whatever you want to do, man. They were damn fun to play last night though.

In the meantime, maybe you're not so bad at Gears..

2j2xahl.jpg
25a67g3.jpg

VS.

2j2xahl.jpg
2nqrxa8.jpg

30cymva_th.jpg

REV 09

Aladuf said:
Whatever you want to do, man. They were damn fun to play last night though.

In the meantime, maybe you're not so bad at Gears..

[stats]
i had no idea that Epic tracked that stuff on their site. I just checked it out...pretty impressive stat tracking.

JB1981

I was pretty annoyed with the state of the multiplayer when the Combustible Map Pack was released, so no, I don't have it.

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
I was pretty annoyed with the state of the multiplayer when the Combustible Map Pack was released, so no, I don't have it.
Fuck you and your principles.

I'm a whore and I bought them that very night. :lol

Aladuf said:
Nah, I gotcha. I knew you didn't mean anything like that. I remember playing with you too, I think you were on Third's friends list.. are you still playing Gears?

Yeah, I get on occasionally. I'm just not consistently on Live every night, and you know, friends list are limited so I probably got filtered out. If you guys are still at it, and actually in need of people instead of overflowing with members ...... Although it just occured to me that I don't have the map packs. I'm not sure how Gears does it, but in Halo it's a HUGE problem cause they tie playlists into which maps you have ... Like I paid $60 to be told I can't play Big Team Battle without shelling out another $10.... fuckers......

Anyway, so yeah I still play occasionally, but no maps.

Aladuf

Banned
Shit, guys.. you all have good K/D's. Mine is right on 1.00, I think this is because I'm such a suicide player. I have the mentality of if I run into 5 people and come out of it with 1 kill and die in the process, then it's all good. Or, probably, I just suck at this game... actually, I'm just gonna go with that.

h3ro

Aladuf said:
Shit, guys.. you all have good K/D's. Mine is right on 1.00, I think this is because I'm such a suicide player. I have the mentality of if I run into 5 people and come out of it with 1 kill and die in the process, then it's all good. Or, probably, I just suck at this game... actually, I'm just gonna go with that.

Or you're just a douche.

SpacLock

My win/loss ratio would be above 2.0 if it wasn't for cheaters.

Picture3-6.png

And my favorite game type that I rarely get to play.
(King of the Hill)

Picture4-6.png

birdman

Aladuf said:

lrn2stalk

h3ro

birdman said:
lrn2stalk

lolburnoutparadiselol
never forget

:p

Back to Gears. So i made my way through the game on Insane last week on local co-op with my brother and found the actual firefights to be MUCH easier this time around than Gears 1, but we died a lot thanks to BS learn by dieing and what amounted to CPU spawn camping. Not bad, I enjoyed it, but the damn 150G achievement glitched! Usually I wouldn't care, but my brother got it and I didn't... so annoying. I'm probably gonna do another run through to get all the collectibles and I'll put my AI on Insane with my brother's on Casual, maybe it'll unlock for me then...

Anyone else miss all the collectibles being COG tags? I found all the tags in Gears 1 and really enjoyed searching for the Gear skull logo indicating a pair of tags was near by... All this game had was stupid pieces of paper.

Top Bottom