• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

-PXG- said:
Check this out:

http://www.markwillis.co.uk/gow2exp/index.php?show=all

It's a Gears 2 EXP calculator and chart. It tells you how much EXP you need per level as well as a EXP to points converter. If you want to get a lot of EXP, play Wingman or Warzone. Avoid Annex and KoTH.

Another thing. Is XBL down or something? My connection to my network is fine, but I can't sign into Live. ???

Dunno about that, I get anywhere from 1500-2800 XP in a game of annex usually and only 800-1200 in a game of warzone or execution. To get that many XP in annex though you have to get between 10,000-13,000 points. That's not hard to do in a game of territories though.

-PXG-

Fucking dealt with Comcast and opening ports on my router for nothing. Turn on my 360 and the fucker signs in....son of a bitch :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf said:
Gears 2 better be having some Double XP weekends sometime. That rank is high up there.
:lol fuck we better. I'm at 20 and the hurdles are starting to look pretty daunting. I've seen some 30s out there tho. Must be playing nonstop since the update.

Skilotonn said:
... I just picked up this little puppy:

1oCLiGJhbC9NCBt0GltTWTJEL2FjaC8wLzI5AAAAAOfn5-kFmQo=.jpg

...a few matches ago, so no, I play a hell of a lot of Gears 2 with friends...

Holy shit.

You got that achievement even befor Slettesloery. You're an even bigger whore than him.

I guess Act 5 Chapter 5 was a huge hit for you the last couple of days. :lol

Any good ol gaffers looking to play a decent amount of gears 2 tonight?

Got a 48 hour sittin here and a game pass...considering given it a go to determine if I'll buy it or not and get back in the swing of things. The update and the new map pack sound promising.

I'm glad I still can't find a Multiplayer match in Gears 2 eventhough I have cable internet.
Well to my discredit, it is Comcast. Ugh. So annoying. First freetime to play games in a month and I can't play because my shitty ISP.

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
I really like the industrial
/KZ2
vibe from Grind Yard. Great looking map...
When they first showed Grindyard, KZ2 was the exact vibe I was getting too, and I still am. The map looks fantastic.

just finished gears 1 last night, overall the games was great. no complaints except there were quite a few bugs, the exploding wretchers are super annoying and i think all the boss battles were jokes.

just started gears 2 today and wow talk about unreal engine 3.5, epic did make some noticeable jump from gears 1 and gears 2.

and finally something came to my mind during act 1 of gears 2, a RTS based on gears of war would be pretty awesome and i want it on pc not x360.

RTS on x360 are just stupid.

Aladuf

Banned
birdman said:
The mortars keep kicking my ass. God I feel rusty as fuck.
In due time, soon enough you'll be stalking fuckers like you did so well in Gears 1. But yeah... you were getting fucked by those mortars last night. :lol

Don't listen to him Bird! From what I saw last night you were stalking fuckers left and right. I watched you follow a Dizzy for a good two minutes last night on Tyro before you killed him.

birdman

ThirdEngine said:
Don't listen to him Bird! From what I saw last night you were stalking fuckers left and right. I watched you follow a Dizzy for a good two minutes last night on Tyro before you killed him.

Stealth kills were always my go-to. Ask Aladuf about them.

Aladuf

Banned
birdman said:
Stealth kills were always my go-to. Ask Aladuf about them.
Gears 1, 1 vs. 1 matches on Gridlock... he'd stalk for minutes on end and never show himself until he was flanking my back and popping the double pistol melee. Those were dark days.

D;™

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
Another gathering of the Elite 5 tonight, Godfather?
Yes, I do believe it's time for another Elite 5 gangbang in Gears 2. We'll go ahead and put off having fun just so the five of us can play Ranked matches.

D;™

Shins

Banned
Aladuf said:
Yes, I do believe it's time for another Elite 5 gangbang in Gears 2. We'll go ahead and put off having fun just so the five of us can play Ranked matches.
So says the Godfather, so do we all.

godfather.png

Diablohead said:
Lately the price of DLC has risen, I dislike it.

No it hasn't.

Gears maps have always been the same. The Hidden Fronts pack of four maps for Gears 1 was $10 when it came out. It became free four months later.

The Combustible pack was the one everyone had a shitfit over because there were only three maps and they were still charging $10, much like Bungie's idiotic price strategy for Halo 3 packs.

But they're redeeming themself with the Snowblind pack at $10 for four maps. Hopefully, the Combustible pack will get a cut to $7.50 or $5 (although I wouldn't argue free either, but I'm not holding my breath when Microsoft is involved). If they do cut the Combustible pack, I'll pick up all 7. I'm currently planning to buy Snowblind when it comes out.

Zezboob

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Hidden Fronts pack of four brand news maps for Gears 1 was $10 when it came out. It became free four months later.
Fixed.

Combustible pack -> 2 news, 1 from Gears PC
Snowblind pack -> 2 news, 1 remake from Gears PC & 1 remake from Gears 1

Suddenly, it doesn't sound so cool from Epic & MS.

Love, Epic.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Ugh, why does CliffyB insist on covering everything in ice/snow.
Better than the green concrete, post raining remakes that are in the Flashback maps. Canals is the best looking one in there and it has ice all over it.

Shins

Banned
If the next map pack is all about dark and rainy maps, we're good. Thunderstorm pouring in the broken windows of a reimagined War Machine.

ohhhh my stilly got a stilly

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
Better than the green concrete, post raining remakes that are in the Flashback maps. Canals is the best looking one in there and it has ice all over it.
Is that supposed to be an argument?

Original Canals >>>>>>> Gears 2 Canals

Original Mansion >>> Gears 2 Mansion

Original Fuel depot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gears 2 fuel depot

Why can't they just leave them the fuck alone and just update the visuals?

And why do they feel obligated to add ice/snow to the multiplayer maps just to match Gears 2 campaign?

Aladuf

Banned
Psh, you're from the north... you probably hate snow.

Gears 2 Canals and Gears 2 Fuel Depot kick the shit out of their originals. Yeah, Mansion is better, but that's because they decided they hate dark, rainy maps in Gears 2, I guess.

Zezboob

Full Recovery said:
And why do they feel obligated to add ice/snow to the multiplayer maps just to match Gears 2 campaign?
In order to reuse their textures. You didn't see the video about the news features of the UE3 ? Didn't see how easy it is to change textures ? :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I saw the Gamespot vids already, but thanks for the TXB trailer and pics - nice...

StickyFingers said:
Holy shit.

You got that achievement even befor Slettesloery. You're an even bigger whore than him.

I guess Act 5 Chapter 5 was a huge hit for you the last couple of days. :lol

I don't know what you're talking about!

JB1981

Aladuf said:
Psh, you're from the north... you probably hate snow.

Gears 2 Canals and Gears 2 Fuel Depot kick the shit out of their originals. Yeah, Mansion is better, but that's because they decided they hate dark, rainy maps in Gears 2, I guess.

No way. At least Gears 1 canals had amazing texture work. It was so much better than the ice-cum sprayed all over the Gears 2 version.

DoomGyver

JB1981 said:
No way. At least Gears 1 canals had amazing texture work. It was so much better than the ice-cum sprayed all over the Gears 2 version.
Thank you, I'm not actually alone on this.

Gears 1 maps have character, the only Gears 2 maps I see having character are River and Pavilion.

Any map with ice/snow and that same dreary atmosphere look the same.

Zezboob

Full Recovery said:
Gears 1 maps have character, the only Gears 2 maps I see having character are River and Pavilion.

Any map with ice/snow and that same dreary atmosphere look the same.
I agree for Pavilion but disagree with River.

Personally I think that Hail, Stasis and Ruins have character too (even if I am not very fond of the last two).

And I am part of the Old Canal defense force. Too bad they chose to do a winter version, I think that a autumn version, with a sunset lighting and leaves on the ground and the water would be better (but it's probably harder to do too)

Shins

Banned
too bad you're wrong, asshole.

That's not the issue. There's no actual fog effects. Instead, its just a solid washed out filter over the screen, and it is the same whether you're inside or out. I understand what they were going for, and even why they probably couldn't have real fog effects in a multiplayer match (there's enough lag as it is), but this was a bad compromise.

Top Bottom