• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
whitehawk said:
Have you never played gears 1 or what :lol
:lol Of course I played the shit out of the map... what I mean is...

Allow me to explain the problem:

ME AND MY HOMIES WERE ON THE DEPOT
WE GOT MAD BROKE HERE COMES THE REPOT
CHECK OUT THIS MAP ITS SO COOL
ALL I WANTED WAS TO SNIPE A FOOL

BUT ONCE I PICKED UP THAT SHINY WEAPON
MY WHOLE WORLD FELL APART LIKE ZEPLIN
I COULDN'T MOVE
I COULDN'T GROOVE
I COULDN'T SHOOT
I COULDN'T POOP
I COULDN'T EVEN SNIPE THOSE LOCUST
I WAS GLITCHED LIKE HOCUS POCUS

EPIC IS BACK BITCHES
WITH BRAND NEW GLITCHES
WARBEGINS... HE'S OUR HOST!
WARBEGINS... HE SUCKS THE MOST!

AM I THE HOST LETS THROW A SMOKE
AM I THE HOST LEST THROW A SMOKE

DON'T STEP
IN THAT SNIPER TRAILER
YOU'RE SETTIN
YOSELF UP FOR FAILURE

ONCE YOU GO IN THAT BOX
YOU GET STUCK LIKE BOTOX

ONCE YOU GO IN THAT BOX
YOU GET STUCK LIKE BOTOX

ALADUF AND FLUNKIE THEY FIGHT LIKE PUSSIES
WE ALL CHEER THEM ON YEAH THEY'RE WUSSIES
THIRDS THE BEST PLAYER THERE'S NO DOUBT
BUT PXG'S SKILLS LEAVE A LOT TO DOUBT

DOLLAR BILL YO I'LL PAY TEN FOR A MAP PACK
WHY NOT
I LOVE GETTIN KICKED IN THE NUT SACK
REV09 LOVES TO STEAL MY KILL
THAT'S OK CAUSE I FUCKED HIS GIRL

RENWOOD MAKES CRAZY ASS NOISES
ZIROCOOL THINKS HE'S HEARING VOICES
WAIT I CANT SEE I'M THICK IN THIS FOG
NUBCAKES GETS CALLED TO BED LIKE A DOG

LOOK AT THESE MAPS THEY'RE SOAKED IN CUM
YEAH YEAH GIRL I WANNA GET ME SOME
TOO BAD I CAN'T GET THAT SNIPER RIFLE
IT'S ALL GLITCHED TO HELL SO I'll EAT A TRIFLE

AM I THE HOST LEST THROW A SMOKE

DON'T STEP
IN THAT SNIPER TRAILER
YOU'RE SETTIN
YOSELF UP FOR FAILURE

ONCE YOU GO IN THAT BOX
YOU GET STUCK LIKE BOTOX

ONCE YOU GO IN THAT BOX
YOU GET STUCK LIKE BOTOX

RSTEIN

PHILLY KK (GAF LURKER):
nfny90.jpg

PXG:
2ztlwl3.jpg

OUCH:
2vjocpi.jpg

WARBEGINS AND REV (I THINK) TAG TEAM:
2znzkts.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
:lol :lol :lol

Sidenote: Anyone else getting an invisible wall on Under Hill when the door raises? The only annoyance on this awesome map, seems like it'd be easy to fix.

Aladuf

Banned
Papercuts said:
:lol :lol :lol

Sidenote: Anyone else getting an invisible wall on Under Hill when the door raises? The only annoyance on this awesome map, seems like it'd be easy to fix.
Yeah, it's happening to a few of us that have played today.

Seriously though RJ, how long did that take you? :lol

mattso

any gaffers playing now want to play/wouldnt mind a multiplayer noob?:D

downloaded the snowblind maps, played annex and execution so far. pretty fun

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I was having fun with Gears today in God knows how long and the game DREd on me. -1500 EXP points and it wasn't my fault =(

h3ro

Relix said:
I was having fun with Gears today in God knows how long and the game DREd on me. -1500 EXP points and it wasn't my fault =(

Clean out the fridge and install that thing...

mattso

Relix said:
i've had this happen to me twice now on games I both definitely completed

looks like I'm gonna be level 1 for awhile..

gahhhhhhhhhh

I was having a pretty awesome round on annex, had like 5000 exp points and then I lost connection with the host

sklddsfds

having fun though, shouldve got into gears multiplayer sooner. just wish I could keep some exp I gain :(

RAHRHGGH!!!
I hate you EPIC/MICROSOFT/COMCAST.

Connected to 2 matches and now I've been trying for 45 minutes and still can't. GaRghr!e

Shins

Banned
You know, something rubs me the wrong way about Kim. I can't quite put my finger on it, but...

amerikim.png

Something just seems off there.
hm.gif

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
You know, something rubs me the wrong way about Kim. I can't quite put my finger on it, but...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a172/Renwood/amerikim.png[IMG]

Something just seem off there. [IMG]http://evolvedonline.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/hm.gif
:lol :lol

"Who wants to enjoy a nice beer and have sex with curvy American women?"

Shins said:
Something just seem off there.

"Don't ask, don't tell."

Speaking of telling, anyone want to give me tips on how to fix/attempt to fix my internet so that I can play Gears 2 without waiting 30-45 minutes? I did the port clearing shit already but still nada.

RSTEIN

Glad you like the rap :D It literally took me 5 minutes. I was inspired by all the new wonderful and amazing glitches we get to experience.

We just finished playing horde on Fuel Depot. Whenever anyone entered the trailer for the snipe they would get stuck and essentially be out of the game. HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET THIS PASS THROUGH BUG TESTING?

Also: the garage door on Underhill is buggy as hell. Sometimes if you try to pass through the open door it won't let you and you'll find yourself taking cover against an invisible wall.

Plus: anyone notice they're getting stuck on top of the ledges and chest high walls a lot while playing the Snowblind maps? It's like the cover is extra thick so you sometimes you don't jump over it. Weird.

Flunkie

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Glad you like the rap :D It literally took me 5 minutes. I was inspired by all the new wonderful and amazing glitches we get to experience.

We just finished playing horde on Fuel Depot. Whenever anyone entered the trailer for the snipe they would get stuck and essentially be out of the game. HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET THIS PASS THROUGH BUG TESTING?

Also: the garage door on Underhill is buggy as hell. Sometimes if you try to pass through the open door it won't let you and you'll find yourself taking cover against an invisible wall.

Plus: anyone notice they're getting stuck on top of the ledges and chest high walls a lot while playing the Snowblind maps? It's like the cover is extra thick so you sometimes you don't jump over it. Weird.
You get stuck/can't go up when trying to go up and over in cover when you're inside near hammer/mortar. I felt like I really was playing Gears 1.

I kept getting stuck in the can't shoot/roadie run glitch tonight, but if you go into cover for a few second when glitched, you'll go back to normal...Figured I"d pass that along to anyone who hadn't figured it out yet.

RSTEIN said:

5 minutes my ass.

bumpkin

Man, I feel left out with all the Gears 2 madness going on lately. I've been preoccupied playing RE5 with a friend of mine co-op the past few weekends. I should be back in action and up for some Gears goodness this weekend though. And yes, I will be buying the Snowblind maps the next time I turn on my 360!

Awwwwwwww yeah. :D

I've had some fantastic games since TU3. Update definitely seems to have smoothed out most of my issues with the game. Feeling a bit more like Gears 1 now.

I haven't noticed much difference in the chainsaw though :/ They still don't do the hit reaction consistently when shot while revving. Chainsaw is completely avoidable though, so it's not the end of the world.

I bought the Snowblind maps as well. Have yet to play them though! If you guys are doing any private matches, hit me up! I should be on most of your friends lists already. Just look for urLeathrCherrio.

-PXG-

Vustadumas said:
I've had some fantastic games since TU3. Update definitely seems to have smoothed out most of my issues with the game. Feeling a bit more like Gears 1 now.

I haven't noticed much difference in the chainsaw though :/ They still don't do the hit reaction consistently when shot while revving. Chainsaw is completely avoidable though, so it's not the end of the world.

I bought the Snowblind maps as well. Have yet to play them though! If you guys are doing any private matches, hit me up! I should be on most of your friends lists already. Just look for urLeathrCherrio.

They need to undo what they did in TU2, which added a significant delay from roadie running to shooting. Adding delay for melees is fine. But, I need to be able to fire my weapon when I'm in a jam.

zaidr

-PXG- said:
They need to undo what they did in TU2, which added a significant delay from roadie running to shooting. Adding delay for melees is fine. But, I need to be able to fire my weapon when I'm in a jam.

amen to that. i can't do anything after rolling / roadie running, and thats just unacceptable. just a thought, but can you roadie run into cover and start firing right away? or is that delay still there?

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
I don't agree that it should be immediate like in Gears 1 because I don't want the return of everyone gut charging with a shotgun, whoopie!... but I do think it should be toned down a little bit to make it so the shooting isn't so sensitive to quick movements. I fucking hate rolling to the front or side and quickly aiming the shotty on someone and then nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Usually it'll throw me off enough for the person to get a shot off two melees off on me for the oh-so-simple kill.

-PXG-

Aladuf said:
I don't agree that it should be immediate like in Gears 1 because I don't want the return of everyone gut charging with a shotgun, whoopie!... but I do think it should be toned down a little bit to make it so the shooting isn't so sensitive to quick movements. I fucking hate rolling to the front or side and quickly aiming the shotty on someone and then nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Usually it'll throw me off enough for the person to get a shot off two melees off on me for the oh-so-simple kill.

Yeah, I don't want Gears 2 to be a cracked up wall bounce fest. But addind a little bit more speed wouldn't hurt. I miss that feeling. You know...

Running up to someone, blasting them into hamburger and sliding through the curtain of shredded meat before it lands on the ground. I loved that shit. :lol

Also, once in a while I'll do a quick aim (tap the LT) and shoot and NOTHING happens.

RSTEIN

-PXG- said:
Also, once in a while I'll do a quick aim (tap the LT) and shoot and NOTHING happens.

This is precisely why I like it the way it is right now. Before TU3/TU2 the game was very frustrating. Basically almost every encounter would involve someone roadie running+two piece/shoot. Due to the inconsistency of the shotgun (laaag), it was very, very hard to deal with these aggressive types. You could even get two solid shots on someone who's roadie running at you and it would do nothing. Now, the playing field is a lot more level. If someone is running at me then I know I can still get those shots off PLUS I have the opportunity to get one last shot before they can enter into the two peice/shoot after the roadie run.

RSTEIN said:
This is precisely why I like it the way it is right now. Before TU3/TU2 the game was very frustrating. Basically almost every encounter would involve someone roadie running+two piece/shoot. Due to the inconsistency of the shotgun (laaag), it was very, very hard to deal with these aggressive types. You could even get two solid shots on someone who's roadie running at you and it would do nothing. Now, the playing field is a lot more level. If someone is running at me then I know I can still get those shots off PLUS I have the opportunity to get one last shot before they can enter into the two peice/shoot after the roadie run.

Yeah, I couldn't stand the shotgun/roadie run bullshit pre TU2.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I'm not sure that's the same thing he was talking about though. He mentioned the same problem I said I was having. It's not that what we're talking about is happening after running up on someone, it's just that I don't like to blindfire my shotgun so when I'm in a shotty battle with someone I'll tap LT real fast to center it up and try to concentrate the shot on the person but when you do that sometimes, nothing will happen and you're just open to take an extra shot while you sit there frantically doing nothing. It's crazy annoying.

whitehawk

Banned
Holy shit the new maps are awesome. Underhill is great. And grindyard is amazing, perfect for king of the hill or annex. One of the best games of annex ive ever played. goddam

RSTEIN

Everyone, I have something important to share.

Warbegins, ZIROCOOL, REV, and myself were playing Gaurdian on Underhill. REV killed the enemy leader. Noticing he had a star next to his name, REV declared "oh, look, a star, does that mean I'm the queen?"

This statement was followed by an awkward pause. The awkward pause was followed by laughter and mocking.

REV shall be known henceforth as "The Queen."

That is all.

Aladuf

Banned
That makes two new nicknames in two nights then. In order to end the confusion in our games between birdman and ThirdEngine... calling them "bird" and "third" respectively gets confusing. Renwood decided to give Third the nickname of Berik or Bearik (think Bear+Erik combined) because he plays Gears like a bear and is named Erik.

edit: Also, sorry war and RJ, I saw your guys' invites earlier but I was only signing on to download the old Gears 1 maps. I wasn't signing on to play quite yet.

Aladuf said:
edit: Also, sorry war and RJ, I saw your guys' invites earlier but I was only signing on to download the old Gears 1 maps. I wasn't signing on to play quite yet.
the Queen will have your head with behavior like that

bumpkin

Shins said:
THE PRIDE
"M. Dawg" Aladuf
"S. Kat" Renwood
"Bird" Birdman
"Bearik" ThirdEngine
Dude, ThirdEngine should simply be nicknamed "boltok" or "magnum." He's got this knack for getting headshots with that beast at all the right times. :lol

I'm secretly jealous.

Aladuf

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
Gears 1? What the eff?
:lol

You're not the only one to ask, a few of you guys saw me when I was just on playing it and sent messages quickly. Renwood and I wanted to go back and visit our glory days of 1v1 Gears matches. The sniper rifle in that game... :lol... so ridiculously easy to use.

Top Bottom