• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

I played two games today. Both times, the entire opposing team was from the United Kingdom and both times, one of the UK people had host. They had about 15 more kills than the 2nd highest kills both times. It was two entirely different teams.

Does this game even try to region filter?

Proc

how's the state of the multiplayer holding up? I'm considering re-buying this for the all fronts pack that should be out later this month. I miss popping in the game for horde mode. Since its at $39 now, I don't think I could go wrong. What do you guys think?

HBP

Proc said:
how's the state of the multiplayer holding up? I'm considering re-buying this for the all fronts pack that should be out later this month. I miss popping in the game for horde mode. Since its at $39 now, I don't think I could go wrong. What do you guys think?

I think there is a special edition coming out that includes all the DLC too.

borsdy

Banned
HBP said:
I think there is a special edition coming out that includes all the DLC too.
Actually just a DVD case with download codes for all the DLC, an art book and something else I think. No game and no disc of any kind so you won't be able to share with friends like the Oblivion GoTY.

I thought this was cancelled?

HBP

borsdy said:
Actually just a DVD case with download codes for all the DLC, an art book and something else I think. No game and no disc of any kind so you won't be able to share with friends like the Oblivion GoTY.

I thought this was cancelled?

I hadn't heard, but it's not on the Gamestop website so could be.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I bought it as soon as it went up on the Gears 2 DLC menu. They took mah 800 points and ran. :(

Hopefully I can either a) re-download it when the thing is actually released without paying another 800 points or b) they refund me my points.

Edit: #*#$*&%$) It's actually downloading now! I think if you choose to re-download the item from Xbox.com, it'll actually go through. Try that, dudes.

mattso

So when this actually downloads if you already have the other map packs can you just delete them?

edit: forgot about the dark corners pack

BlindRage

Domino Theory said:
I bought it as soon as it went up on the Gears 2 DLC menu. They took mah 800 points and ran. :(

Hopefully I can either a) re-download it when the thing is actually released without paying another 800 points or b) they refund me my points.

Edit: #*#$*&%$) It's actually downloading now! I think if you choose to re-download the item from Xbox.com, it'll actually go through. Try that, dudes.

<3

Thank you!

Darvan

Yeah I can't download it either and it looks like on the website of the market place that they removed the buy option at least for me that is. On the xbox it's still there but error's out when it goes to deduct the cost of the maps. I hope i can still get this.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
DAMNIT! :(

Would have been so perfect to have them early and cheap too since I may be going on vacation exactly when they go up... :(

Had I been up as early as I had planned, I would have been in time to get this - that's what I get for hitting the snooze button all the dam time...

And I swear, I don't know what kind of backwoods connections some people have - sure, my gaming time has been chopped down hugely for the last 2 months, but I try to at least get in 2 or 3 games of Gears 2 at night, and I've NEVER seen anything near the shit that gets posted above - invincibility glitch? What?

My friends that live here, who I used to be ahead of, and are all level 65-70 now have never seen any shit like that either too...

I bet someone is getting fired over this.

That means that they have to release this now at $10. It's not fair to the people that didn't get in on this.

I remember something like this happened a long-ass time ago with Ultimate MK3 on Arcade. It accidentally went up on Marketplace on a Friday and then was immediately taken down. They decided to go on and release officially the next day because it wasn't fair to the people who didn't get in on it.

That's probably going to happen with this, and the fact that people bought it at $10 is going to make things even more chaotic.

Tomcat

AnEternalEnigma said:

That means that they have to release this now at $10. It's not fair to the people that didn't get in on this.

I remember something like this happened a long-ass time ago with Ultimate MK3 on Arcade. It accidentally went up on Marketplace on a Friday and then was immediately taken down. They decided to go on and release officially the next day because it wasn't fair to the people who didn't get in on it.

That's probably going to happen with this, and the fact that people bought it at $10 is going to make things even more chaotic.

they are not going to release it for 10 $

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=26661593&postcount=264

AnEternalEnigma said:

MS made a pricing error for Lode Runner. It was 800 points for a couple of hours before they changed it to 1200. Nothing happened after that.

borsdy

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
MS made a pricing error for Lode Runner. It was 800 points for a couple of hours before they changed it to 1200. Nothing happened after that.
Some Burnout Paradise DLC went up early for cheap for a few hours as well, and nothing happened at the offical launch date.

It would really be awesome if they did but come on, some people have already spent at least 1600 ms points on Gears 2 maps! This would just piss off another group of people I think. Besides, they already marked down the stand-alone Dark Corners DLC.

Proc

borsdy said:
It would really be awesome if they did but come on, some people have already spent at least 1600 ms points on Gears 2 maps! This would just piss off another group of people I think. Besides, they already marked down the stand-alone Dark Corners DLC.

It may piss off a few people but do you really think the early adopters would change anything in hindsight? You have to be a little crazy about the game if you spend 800 points for 3 maps in the first place.

mernst23

Proc said:
It may piss off a few people but do you really think the early adopters would change anything in hindsight? You have to be a little crazy about the game if you spend 800 points for 3 maps in the first place.

I dunno, as someone who bought Combust and Snowblind for 1600, quite frankly it pisses me off that some people have paid 800 and now have more content than I do. That's for sure.

Proc

mernst23 said:
I dunno, as someone who bought Combust and Snowblind for 1600, quite frankly it pisses me off that some people have paid 800 and now have more content than I do. That's for sure.

Those came out in December of last year and March of this year. It's hard to feel sorry for you. Chin up :)

So I bought this last night and went to bed cause it wouldn't download. Now my game history list this as an Unknown item. But my points are still gone. MS you better give me this fucking content.

mernst23

Proc said:
Those came out in December of last year and March of this year. It's hard to feel sorry for you. Chin up :)

Game: Day 1 $66
Combust: Early adopter 800 points $10
Snowblind: Early adopter 800 points $10
Dark Corners: 1200 pts $15

So, if I buy Dark corners I'm spending over $100 on this game?

Meanwhile, Making all fronts 1600 and Dark Corners 1200 basically equates to them giving the DLC I paid for full price down to 25% of it's value? I think I might stay away from this one until it goes down to 800 points out of principle.

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't feel so bad because i'm about to get $20-$30 back from keeping my hammerburst code so long without using it.

Proc

Apparently the lost chapter is very short. I was under the impression it was something more substantial, akin to an act. I guess you shouldn't pick this up if all you were interested in was the single player stuff.

The stealth mode stuff sounds like it may be cool to mess around with.

I hope they decide to launch this at 800/1200. They'd see a much bigger resurgence of their online base at that price point. 1600 pts is pretty steep for a lot of people. Then again, its the difference of 400 points.

I don't think that 1600 points looks like much of a deal to someone who thought 800 points for a few maps was already a rip off.

gow2.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Proc said:
Apparently the lost chapter is very short. I was under the impression it was something more substantial, akin to an act. I guess you shouldn't pick this up if all you were interested in was the single player stuff.

The stealth mode stuff sounds like it may be cool to mess around with.

I hope they decide to launch this at 800/1200. They'd see a much bigger resurgence of their online base at that price point. 1600 pts is pretty steep for a lot of people. Then again, its the difference of 400 points.

I don't think that 1600 points looks like much of a deal to someone who thought 800 points for a few maps was already a rip off.
The all fronts map pack is going to be 1200, not 1600. They already announced that a month ago or so.

Proc

AndyMoogle said:
The all fronts map pack is going to be 1200, not 1600. They already announced that a month ago or so.

Right, but there is speculation that they may launch early at a cheaper price point due to last night's fuck up. It's sort of silly that they are marketing it as 19 maps when in reality, every new gears disc came with the flashback map pack. I guess they are throwing the used disc crowd a bone.

Top Bottom