• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

BlindRage

Proc said:
Apparently the lost chapter is very short. I was under the impression it was something more substantial, akin to an act. I guess you shouldn't pick this up if all you were interested in was the single player stuff.

The stealth mode stuff sounds like it may be cool to mess around with.

The act its self is short, yes. But how fun it is to sneak around with a friend in co-op. That is what was so awesome about it.

If you were expecting something very long out of this, then you will be mistaken. But if you just wanted great co-op fun. This is for you!

I haven't tried guns blazing yet though.

borsdy

Banned
Sometimes I think MS upload stuff and sell it cheap on purpose for certan people or something and try to do it as quick as possible, it just seems too odd that a game shows up at 800 instead of 1200 (loderunner) by "accident", surely you apply/upload the data with the correct price the first time around.

I still feel robbed from gears 2, the 3rd one for sure i'm buying at a discount instead of asap.

JPBrowncoat said:
So I bought this last night and went to bed cause it wouldn't download. Now my game history list this as an Unknown item. But my points are still gone. MS you better give me this fucking content.

It'll probably be re-enabled when the content is officially released.

Flak has stated on the official forums that the pack will still not be officially released until July 28 and will still be the same price points (1600MS for All Fronts, 1200MS for Dark Corners).

I don't care about the price, but I think that's very bullshitty to make everyone else wait while a bunch of people already got them for $10.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Domino Theory said:
War Machine.

My God, they did a fantastic job with the visuals and object placements on that level.

Totally forgot that War Machine was going to be in this - you lucky, lucky bastard.

JPBrowncoat said:
I just tried to download it from the website again and now I'm at 7%. :D

Guess they re-enabled it.

Website still says that the content can't be found for me - damn.

I should have tried to buy it through the dashboard even when it was giving errors to everyone else - it probably could have worked right now for me too... :(

mr stroke

HBP said:
I hadn't heard, but it's not on the Gamestop website so could be.

So what happened to the retail release of this?
its not on GS or Amazon anymore, so I assume they axed it? is the All Fronts DLC the same as the retail release?

LQX

Don't know why I bought this thing. Hardly play it anymore and was thinking of selling it. Guess I got caught up in the hype of "OMG" its 800 points when it should be 1600. The single player mission is nothing at all special(which I mainly bought it for). And I thought it would come with a free theme.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
mr stroke said:
So what happened to the retail release of this?
its not on GS or Amazon anymore, so I assume they axed it? is the All Fronts DLC the same as the retail release?

Me wantz to know this =P.

I want to buy the All Fronts DLC that in cludes the other maps and the SP campaign.

Skilotonn said:
Totally forgot that War Machine was going to be in this - you lucky, lucky bastard.

Website still says that the content can't be found for me - damn.

I should have tried to buy it through the dashboard even when it was giving errors to everyone else - it probably could have worked right now for me too... :(
Are you going to your purchase history and adding it to the queue?

Nice. Just got banned from the official forums for this post in an already existing thread:

A few years ago, Ultimate MK3 went up on the Marketplace on a Friday evening, a few days before it was supposed to. It was taken down immediately, but people had already bought it and were playing it.

According to Major Nelson, they had an emergency meeting with Midway and decided, in the interest of fairness to everyone else who didn't get to buy it, they would just release it early. So, it was out on Saturday morning.

Making everyone else wait while there are people who got these maps and are learning them at 50% the price is kind of crappy.

You have been banned.
Reason: Spamming
Date this ban will be lifted: Never

AnEternalEnigma said:
Nice. Just got banned from the official forums for this post in an already existing thread:

You have been banned.
You must have ticked off an admin with that final line, I don't think they really want more followers wanting the goods 2 weeks early at 800 allards.

Diablohead said:
You must have ticked off an admin with that final line, I don't think they really want more followers wanting the goods 2 weeks early at 800 allards.

I don't care about the price. I was gladly going to throw down 1600 spacebucks for the All Fronts pack. I just think it's lame to make people wait.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Epic just released a statement saying that those who managed to download it early are OK to play it and those who downloaded it, but received an error message can re-download it (I believe from Xbox.com since it's not up on XBLMP).

It seriously blows my mind that they aren't just going to suck it up and release it now. They're not going to make any less money doing it today and the content is clearly ready to go.

Can someone recap what comes in this pack? is this the one with SP and "all" the MP map's so far in one big bundle? or is it just the 3rd online map pack?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
goldenpp72 said:
epic seem like a bunch of pussies when it comes to their forum

Epic has changed a lot from their glory days... Newsflash: your fanbase gets mad when you release a shitty product. They don't know how to deal with it.

mernst23

Diablohead said:
Can someone recap what comes in this pack? is this the one with SP and "all" the MP map's so far in one big bundle? or is it just the 3rd online map pack?

7 MP maps and the deleted scene SP chapter which is supposedly really short.

RSTEIN said:
Epic has changed a lot from their glory days... Newsflash: your fanbase gets mad when you release a shitty product. They don't know how to deal with it.

There have been many bannings on the Epic forum because of people complaining about their products. :lol Sometimes I wish "Flak" the Community Moderator would get fired.

mernst23 said:
7 MP maps and the deleted scene SP chapter which is supposedly really short.
Bit of a shame I was babysitting and browsing gaf via ipod touch, I don't hardly touch the game now but for the 800 points I would have brought the maps and sp chapter, I guess some of you are lucky :p

In fact I still need to download the latest update, may have to make it a gears 2 night.

On second thought, I dunno if I should bother.

Kusagari

AnEternalEnigma said:
It seriously blows my mind that they aren't just going to suck it up and release it now. They're not going to make any less money doing it today and the content is clearly ready to go.

Yeah, it's stupid they're going to wait 2 weeks to release something some people now have.

Flunkie

Banned
Definitely won't be buying this shitty map pack/single player shit content for such a shitty product that the shitty developers can't fix because the game is shit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
JPBrowncoat said:
Are you going to your purchase history and adding it to the queue?

I never went to try it this morning - by the time I saw the news that it was leaked, the weblink didn't work, and I stupidly didn't even try the Dashboard link - knowing fully well that MS would in the worse case scenario refund everyone their points...

Probably didn't think it through because I was in a rush to leave...

Diablohead said:

Dark Corners Map Pack -- 1200MS ($15)

The "Road to Ruin" deleted campaign chapter

7 New Multiplayer Maps:
-- Allfathers Garden
-- Highway
-- Memorial
-- Nowhere
-- Sanctuary
-- War Machine
-- Way Station

--------------------------

All Fronts Map Pack -- 1600MS ($20)

The Dark Corners Map Pack

The Flashback Map Pack
-- Canals
-- Gridlock
-- Mansion
-- Subway
-- Tyro Station

The Combustible Map Pack
-- Flood
-- Fuel Station
-- Gold Rush

The Snowblind Map Pack
-- Courtyard
-- Fuel Depot
-- Grindyard
-- Underhill

murderous apple

Neo Member
AnEternalEnigma said:

You have been banned.

I just read through that thread where you were banned, and you definitely weren't the only one banned. Looks like someone went on a ban hammer spree to be honest. Kind of surprised I wasn't as well.

Dosia

I agree that it is pretty weak that we have to wait when who knows how many people downloaded the new content. Just release it already.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Dark Corners Map Pack -- 1200MS ($15)

The "Road to Ruin" deleted campaign chapter

7 New Multiplayer Maps:
-- Allfathers Garden
-- Highway
-- Memorial
-- Nowhere
-- Sanctuary
-- War Machine
-- Way Station

--------------------------

All Fronts Map Pack -- 1600MS ($20)

The Dark Corners Map Pack

The Flashback Map Pack
-- Canals
-- Gridlock
-- Mansion
-- Subway
-- Tyro Station

The Combustible Map Pack
-- Flood
-- Fuel Station
-- Gold Rush

The Snowblind Map Pack
-- Courtyard
-- Fuel Depot
-- Grindyard
-- Underhill
This makes things MUCH more clear, thanks!

rnwd

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Cliffy B & Rod Fergusson are going to be on X-Play tonight to discuss the DLC. I wonder if the leak will be mentioned.
Going by the way the Epic forums are handling it, I suspect the first host to broach the subject will be mauled by Cliff's pet bear (legal name: Rod Fergusson).

Yeah, after what happened, I would love for Epic/MS to allow for a quick 24 hour period to purchase the All Fronts Pack for only 800 MS Points type of deal. A 'thank you' to the most crazy hardcore Gears of War 2 players. After all, those are the players who will bitch to no end about having been shut out of taking advantage of the early release to begin with.

skip

hmm, found that post. dunno where he got that info, but to my knowledge (I'm at G4/x-play), this is inaccurate. we did talk with them, but it was before the leak happened, and it won't air until next week.

Their forums are a hilarious mess right now.

Some people, who clearly have no knowledge of federal law, are DEMANDING that the people who bought the maps early get charged another $10.

mattso

AnEternalEnigma said:
Their forums are a hilarious mess right now.

Some people, who clearly have no knowledge of federal law, are DEMANDING that the people who bought the maps early get charged another $10.
lol

I was a few minutes late for getting it cheaper. My attitude being I was planning on paying the normal price so nothing is different now that I missed out. For those who got it early, good for them.

Demanding they get charged for finding out and taking advantage? Ridiculous. They are just mad it wasn't them.

Facism

AnEternalEnigma said:
Flak is now deleting all threads that even talk about the DLC leak. He closed the main thread everyone was talking in.

noo say it ain't so, flak turning into Pezman :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
mattso said:
lol

I was a few minutes late for getting it cheaper. My attitude being I was planning on paying the normal price so nothing is different now that I missed out. For those who got it early, good for them.

Demanding they get charged for finding out and taking advantage? Ridiculous. They are just mad it wasn't them.

Yeah, that's dumb, but they really should just release it early since it's clearly ready for people to play.

Top Bottom