• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
II VerTigo II said:
I really don't know where to start when I get the game. It's a flip between campaign or horde.
Yeah, I was going to go right into campaign but some GAFfers wanted to hit up MP for a little while, so after that campaign it is for me. Then Horde tomorrow.

h3ro

II VerTigo II said:
I really don't know where to start when I get the game. It's a flip between campaign or horde.

I'm going to hit-up co-op campaign as soon as I put the disc in my 360... unfortunately, I won't be doing that until TRU decides to ship... :/

soldat7 said:
You get this if you buy the regular edition, right?

All new copies/editions of the game come with the code...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ohhh, right right. Thanks for the responses. Midnight seems so far away. I didn't realize there was a limited edition version. I thought there was only the standard edition and collectors edition. Hoping Wal-Mart has the LE, might as well pick that up for the 10 or 20 extra it costs...HORDE mode is all I can say at this point...

I think there's only two versions we're just some calling it LE and some CE. The LE/CE is $69.99 which is the one MTHanded took a pic of.

The regular is $59.99. Both have the 5 flashback maps. The CE/LE has a nicer case, extra dvd, a picture of Dom/Maria, and a code for a golden lancer download on xbl.

There is another version for sale on amazon that comes with a replica lancer but I think it's like $139.99 iirc

God I hope Wal mart hast the LE!

toff74

I'm proper excited for horde.. maybe i should start with that and wait to play the campaign when i'm a little less , um, 'tired'.. Booked tomorrow off work too.

Anyways.. add me if your about after midnight!

Toff74

cameltoe

Chicago guys!!

7-11 at Wolf RD & Joilet RD has a bunch of copies...me and a bud got our copies there earlier!!

ABout to play!!! YAY!!! DL'ng some free map pack that came with it!!

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Aladuf said:
Yeah, I was going to go right into campaign but some GAFfers wanted to hit up MP for a little while, so after that campaign it is for me. Then Horde tomorrow.

Hmmm. MP sounds nice too, if you need a member hit me up. Hopefully I can beat the game before I head back to work Saturday.

toff74

Oh, and i converted a PS3 owner last night.. showed him the rendevous trailer and the 'new' mad world trailer.. that was it!

SOLD!

Again..

Bring it!

Toff74

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
h3ro said:
I'm going to hit-up co-op campaign as soon as I put the disc in my 360... unfortunately, I won't be doing that until TRU decides to ship... :/

All new copies/editions of the game come with the code...

Aww man sorry to hear about the shipping, but if you need a co-op buddy hit me up.

GT: Z IR 0 C O O L

ChrisGoldstein said:
I think there's only two versions we're just some calling it LE and some CE. The LE/CE is $69.99 which is the one MTHanded took a pic of.

The regular is $59.99. Both have the 5 flashback maps. The CE/LE has a nicer case, extra dvd, a picture of Dom/Maria, and a code for a golden lancer download on xbl.

There is another version for sale on amazon that comes with a replica lancer but I think it's like $139.99 iirc

God I hope Wal mart hast the LE!

Yes I had thought there was only the 139.99 version and the standard. I didn't know that the code comes with all versions, that's cool. I hope Wal-Mart carries it, has enough, and isn't swarming with fools. Guess I gotta wait and see.

Aladuf

Banned
whitehawk said:
I don't know what the decision is.
Oh, it was just something he mentioned last night during our matches. It involves not going to his classes tomorrow. :lol

ThirdEngine said:
Trust me, I'm leaning that way. So you'll be doing some MP after you're back?
Definitely, I'll be playing MP for a while I think. I'm really in the mood for it.

newsguy

Just watched the TXB flashback map vids. The new boss looks so awesome when you play as him in multi. He has that hunchback so you don't see his head, but as soon as he hits cover you see those tentacle braids swinging around and his nasty face. My Raam I used so much in multi may have to share some time for the sequel.

ChrisGoldstein said:
Good news, I think I'll delete that cod waw beta anyways I dont need it any more :)

btw, dont you get Kim and Raam in MP if you have the achievements for 1?

I had a few things unlock when i entered the main menu for the 1st time. IIRC one of em was Raam

h3ro

Aladuf said:
That small huh? I guess I may have the patience to download the map pack before I do anything tonight.

XBL is gonna get hammered tonight.. might not be as quick a d/l as you think it will...

damn it I'm bitter

Aladuf said:
Definitely, I'll be playing MP for a while I think. I'm really in the mood for it.
fffuuuccckkk.gif

I'm probably gonna go straight Campaign and mess around with some bots until Horde time. Tomorrow night will be so awesome.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
h3ro said:
XBL is gonna get hammered tonight.. might not be as quick a d/l as you think it will...

damn it I'm bitter

It'll be fu**ed tomorrow for sure but I think tonight if you're on the east coast it should be ok, I guess I'll do some single player while that download goes thru cos the longer you wait the worse it'll be.

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:

damn it I'm bitter
This is true, either way I'll set up the download and it'll do it's thing whenever I'm not in an XBL match.

ThirdEngine said:
fffuuuccckkk.gif

I'm probably gonna go straight Campaign and mess around with some bots until Horde time. Tomorrow night will be so awesome.
No way! You HAVE to get in a couple matches with us. You're amongst GAFfers so nobody will spoil anything for you.

Eh, I shouldn't worry, I'll convince you while we have our Grand Finale for Gears 1 in a little while.

Shins

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
fffuuuccckkk.gif

I am gonna fuck you tonight tomorrow.

Aladuf said:
No way! You HAVE to get in a couple matches with us. You're amongst GAFfers so nobody will spoil anything for you.

Eh, I shouldn't worry, I'll convince you while we have our Grand Finale for Gears 1 in a little while.
Now that I think about it, going MP for a while would make the most sense because I'd rather start the Campaign fresh on Friday morning after a good night's sleep. :D

I will be pure shit when we play tonight. I'm just too damn excited.

Edit: Renwood that's way over my head to comprehend right now.

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
Yep I'll be on as soon as I return from the midnight launch.

Of course, that could be after 1AM depending on the line
Alright, we'll need to make sure to get a few matches in.

Kujo

Does anyone have a picture of the DVD case the LE version comes with (as in an actual photo)? I'm deciding between which to get.

alterno69

Banned
Woot, i have the game in my hands, well not in my hands but on the table by the door lol, i love MS for releasing games on the same day here in Mexico. Now i just have to convince my 2.5 year son to let me play instead of watching The Iron Giant for the fifth time since yesterday :lol

Zophar

Zophar said:
The argument was about hypocrisy, remember?

R2 changes things up dramatically. Docked to B+ for being "more of the same".

Gears 2 plays it safe, literally more of the same, praised to high heaven. A+

Do you understand now?

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171066&p=4&sec=REVIEWS
Still, this wasn't necessarily apparent after the first hour of a three-day offsite Gears of War 2 review marathon. It's actually easy to think of the game as something closer to Gears 1.5 at first.
Firefights are won not by charging toward enemies outright but by slamming against cars, buildings, or other objects in a desperate attempt to conceal your body, and then letting rip when the time's right. It's simple -- repetitive to almost an absurd degree -- yet through its second tour of duty, the cover-then-shoot mechanic remains unquestionably addictive.
these held-over missteps seem odd, but they have little impact on Gears 2's impressive level of polish across the board. A nice, thick coat of blood red polish at that.

Well I certainly didn't call that one. Nossir.

Buying it tonight :eek:

Top Bottom