• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Well my plan is simple, go to wal mart at midnight and try to score the CE. If they dont have that I'll go home and get smashed and time travel to the morning, wake up, then go to best buy.

alterno69

Banned
Fuck my copy has been waiting for me all day at a friends video rental store but my wife took the car to work and i live just outside the city so it's too much hassle to get there other than in my own car.

Come back quickly woman :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
_dementia said:
I think you're too subtle for some people. Isn't this the second time this thread?

lol, yeah. First time I said I wasn't buying the game cause of the low review scores :lol

Blackface

Banned
wtf

At the part on one of the levels, when you put up the smoke at the top of building and are waiting to get picked up

The frame rate slows down for me, to about 10FPS. WTF.

Treo360

Trax416 said:
wtf

At the part on one of the levels, when you put up the smoke at the top of building and are waiting to get picked up

The frame rate slows down for me, to about 10FPS. WTF.

WTF indeed, don't remember having any frame drops in that range.

Voltron64

I finished the campaign last night, and like everyone else that's played through has said. Gears 2 is amazing. (duh!) :D I also played horde mode for 4 straight hours yesterday with some friends and had to force myself to turn it off and get some sleep. good stuff.

newsguy

I just want to let people know what they will be feeling either at midnight or tomorrow morning. It's like that girl you slept with who was soooo hot. She had ass, tits, and she fucked you something wicked. You found out she's back in town, and before you can find out where she is, she contacts you, and she wants you just as bad. You meet up with her, and she's older, more experienced, and more stacked than you remember. All you fuckers are going to blow your load the moment you put that disc in.

alterno69

Banned
newsguy said:
I just want to let people know what they will be feeling either at midnight or tomorrow morning. It's like that girl you slept with who was soooo hot. She had ass, tits, and she fucked you something wicked. You found out she's back in town, and before you can find out where she is, she contacts you, and she wants you just as bad. You meet up with her, and she's older, more experienced, and more stacked than you remember. All you fuckers are going to blow your load the moment you put that disc in.

I'd like to meet that girl instead :D

Dina

newsguy said:

I like your thinking.

Shins

Banned
newsguy said:
I have no frame of reference could you please rephrase using character from Naruto

A friend of mine just emailed to let me know he got it early. So I called him up and told him, "Burn in hell and I'll see you online after midnight."

Fuck I can't wait.

burgerdog

newsguy said:

Holy shit :lol :lol Bravo!

Kibbles

FLASHBACK MAP PACK HD BLOWOUT - http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2337/Gears-of-War-2-Flashback-Map-Pack-Blowout/p1

1225940629.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
This will prolly be the first time I get a midnight release and jump STRAIGHT into multiplayer.

Campaign looks great but DAMN horde mode and the other competitive mp looks spectacular.

newsguy

Shins said:
I have no frame of reference could you please rephrase using character from Naruto

:lol nice

EDITED FOR V-GAF

I just want to let people know what they will be feeling either at midnight or tomorrow morning. It's like that anime character you watched on tv with who was soooo hot. She had huge eyes and she swung her sword something wicked. You found out she's back on Cartoon Network, and before you can find out what time she's on, you see the show on tv. You watch the episode, and she's older, more experienced, and has a bigger sword. All you Otakus are going to blow your super happy fun juice the moment you put that disc in.

Shins

Banned
newsguy said:
I just want to let people know what they will be feeling either at midnight or tomorrow morning. It's like that anime character you watched on tv with who was soooo hot. She had huge eyes and she swung her sword something wicked. You found out she's back on Cartoon Network, and before you can find out what time she's on, you see the show on tv. You watch the episode, and she's older, more experienced, and has a bigger sword. All you Otakus are going to blow your super happy fun juice the moment you put that disc in.
hm.gif

ChrisGoldstein said:
This will prolly be the first time I get a midnight release and jump STRAIGHT into multiplayer.

Campaign looks great but DAMN horde mode and the other competitive mp looks spectacular.

Fuck YES HORDE mode all fucking night. Thank god I don't have to wake up early tomorrow. I'll be fucking rolling deep!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DSC03780.jpg

Had to do it. I was going to get the non limited edition. Then I remembered how much of a good time I had with gears of war 1. This is worth every damn penny. Cannot wait to play with you guys online. If your in Maryland I might be able to help you out...

Gears was my first xbox 360 game. I am ready for some gears of war 2 action. I ended up trading gears one due to the MP setup but with all of that fixed I know this will be great.

S1kkZ

wow, its really hard to get the bonus dvd out of the f*cking steelbook, same with the game dvd.

besides that, the limited is pretty good.

MercuryLS

Banned
newsguy said:
:lol nice

EDITED FOR V-GAF

You're my new favorite poster.

MThanded said:
DSC03780.jpg

Had to do it. I was going to get the non limited edition. Then I remembered how much of a good time I had with gears of war 1. This is worth every damn penny. Cannot wait to play with you guys online. If your in Maryland I might be able to help you out...

Gears was my first xbox 360 game. I am ready for some gears of war 2 action. I ended up trading gears one due to the MP setup but with all of that fixed I know this will be great.

What does that sticker say on the box?

Aladuf

Banned
S1kkZ said:
wow, its really hard to get the bonus dvd out of the f*cking steelbook, same with the game dvd.

besides that, the limited is pretty good.
lol that's k, for me personally Gears 2 won't be coming out of the 360's disc tray for a very long time. And If I want to watch that Bonus DVD then into the PS3 it goes. Problem solved for me. :D

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
What does that sticker say on the box?
It's just advertising the 5 free maps (Flashback Map pack) that you get with all the new copies of Gears 2.

Aladuf

Banned
Dyne said:
Whatup player. How's tricks?

What do you think? Will the LE be worth the money when I get it tonight?
Not much man, just endless Gears'n. I have no doubts that the LE will be more than worth the money when you go and get it. I'll be on at midnight. I'll send you a FR again over XBL so we can tear it up sometime.

Killer

Banned
campaign question ACT 3 i guess..
how the hell can i get pass the three giant spiders when i'm in the tank?

toff74

UK Gaffers...

Anyone p for a bit of Co-op (not the supermarket) around 12.15? I'm getting mine in exactly an hour and if you fancy it, let me know.. GT: toff74

Bring it!!!!!!!!

Toff74

S1kkZ

Killer said:
campaign question ACT 3 i guess..
how the hell can i get pass the three giant spiders when i'm in the tank?

shoot at their belly,you have to kill them FAST.

MThanded said:
5 free maps
Download Flashback Map Pack
Redemption code inside.

Ohhh, right right. Thanks for the responses. Midnight seems so far away. I didn't realize there was a limited edition version. I thought there was only the standard edition and collectors edition. Hoping Wal-Mart has the LE, might as well pick that up for the 10 or 20 extra it costs...HORDE mode is all I can say at this point...

Top Bottom