• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I got the code for the golden hammerburst but it only gave me a gears theme. If I go online will I be able to see my golden hammerburst/lanceR?

Brakara

Skilotonn said:
Heads-up for the Europeans and others who had problems with downloading the Golden Lancer and Golden Hammerburst - as expected, they work now on the official release date for Gears 2!

Just downloaded them, and now it's time to get back to where I left off in Campaign!

Confirmed! Thanks for the heads up.

Now, anyone with a hammerburst code to spare? :)

Teknoman

dork said:
Should be doing some horde mode if anyone who isnt annoying wants to play let me know

dorkimoe (gt)

Ahem.

Also Stylish executions are Y button for those who still dont know.

Im running through the first part of the story mode now. Lots of fun, im set to offline though since I dont want anyone from work bugging me about co-op or competitive modes right now. Trying to get back into the story and general gameplay for now.

Doodis

Seth C said:
I hadn't seen a really good picture of the tank that you can get at Best Buy, so here it is:

gowtank01.jpg

It is nice enough, but it has issues. The front tires are too big and/or the mechanism that turns them goes too far, because anytime you turn the inner tire will push against the body of the tank and lock it up. You can basically only turn when going at speed, and even then it will quickly stop the tank (and I was trying on hardwood, don't even bother with carpet).

Also, the Gold Lancer. How do I get it? The LE packaging says a code is included, but I only have a card for the 5 extra maps inside the case. Was it supposed to be handed out with the game, or inside the packaging?

Wow, I was tempted to pre-order at Best Buy for this. Once again, my decision to stay away from collectors editions is justified. That just looks...not cool.

Teknoman said:
Im running through the first part of the story mode now. Lots of fun, im set to offline though since I dont want anyone from work bugging me about co-op or competitive modes right now. Trying to get back into the story and general gameplay for now.
That's what I'm doing. Hate getting peppered with invites and such when I just want to concentrate on the sp for awhile.

Teknoman

Since Carmine is basically Gears' "Johnny" (Metal Gear series) and Anthony died in 1...this is B.Carmine, so is that a subtle hint that Gears will be a quadrilogy(is that even a word)?

Seth C

Doodis said:
Wow, I was tempted to pre-order at Best Buy for this. Once again, my decision to stay away from collectors editions is justified. That just looks...not cool.

To be fair, the LE package is quite nice itself. That is just an additional (free) bonus if you pre-ordered at Best Buy.

NameGenerated said:
Can somebody post pics of the LE contents? Does the package have a normal 360 case inside like the Resistance or Fallout CE?

Give me just a few minutes and I will post them.

GAF, I need help before I go insane.

How the fuck am I supposed to get past the three Corpsers in the cave of Act III, right when you lose power? Every time I shoot, the one on the left just jumps down and blows up the tank.

Hawk269

***********NOTICE************

Those having issues with the Lancer Codes...It is NOW working. If you already entered your Code, go to Account Management and go to Download History. Click on the Lacncer and download again. It just download for me, but 10 min. ago it did not work.

Recoil

ThirdEngine said:
GAF, I need help before I go insane.

How the fuck am I supposed to get past the three Corpsers in the cave of Act III, right when you lose power? Every time I shoot, the one on the left just jumps down and blows up the tank.

Only shoot the one with its arms open.

Pan back and forth until one opens up, then blammo. Rinse, repeat.

That scene was fucking awesome, btw.

Hellraizer said:
There are btw three on the Marketplace. One is also free, the other two cost each 250 points (ugh, will this be the standard price for "premium" themes?)
What does 'Premium' mean for the themes? I already have the 'Bare Your Teeth' theme that was free during GDC week. Is this any different?

Double D

I got the LE at best buy. I was planning on just getting the standard edition, as I thought the tank was just for people who pre-ordered. I saw that you could get the tank right then, so I figured it would be a nice surprise for my son when I get home tonight.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I didn't have to pre-order at Best Buy for the tank. I just walked in, bought the LE and they told me to grab one. *shrug* This was in DC (Tenley Town).

kbear

The lighting is much improved. This particular early section in the game is you walking in a big tunnel or something with no light at all. They actually make a joke about "why don't we have flashlights?"... but anyway, it's like the whole point of this area was to show off the awesome lighting. You'll know when you get to it. It looks even better in motion. The character models, shadows, lighting, all are much improved.

Sorry for the blurriness... i was getting attacked by exploding locusts:

2rwxs2q.jpg

28u0ky8.jpg

2056urr.jpg

another thing... THE MUSIC IS SO DAMN EPIC... i love it, it's straight out of hollywood... you know the epic, brooding, orchestral quality music used for huge summer blockbusters etc, it's really awesome.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Is this gettable as a walk-in today? Or are you SOL if you didn't pre-order?
Are you serious? Dude, its Gears 2. They have plenty of copies. Just be sure you don't go to Gamestop. As usual, DID YA PREORDER!?!?!? SORRY, NO COPIES DUDE! SHOULDA PREORDERED!

Best Buy and Circuit City have plenty of copies. CC has 1600 MS point card for free if you get it there.

Seth C said:
I'd like it and the Gold Hammerburst, if anyone has extras.
Here's an updated list for Hammerburst codes with you added:

spermatic cord
Metalic Sand
Voltron64
Nozdeuce
jdub03
polyh3dron
kiUNiT
ergo
Shadowlink123
Linkhero1
p3tran
Acidote
MThanded
Xamdou
Captain Jebus
Firehead
Shadow780
seat
Stantron
t4ng0
Matrix
tiong_fi
The Nature Roy
izakq
Seth C

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Guess what guys - I went further ahead in Campaign, and got wowed even more.

Unbelievable. Really can't believe some of the places I'm in right now...

I'm telling ya, Epic made their mark in the graphics department...

DKo5 said:
gowlancer.jpg

This thing is legit to the MAX.

Now that is awesome.

Loving that detail right there!

RPS37

Seth C said:
I hadn't seen a really good picture of the tank that you can get at Best Buy, so here it is:

gowtank01.jpg

It is nice enough, but it has issues. The front tires are too big and/or the mechanism that turns them goes too far, because anytime you turn the inner tire will push against the body of the tank and lock it up. You can basically only turn when going at speed, and even then it will quickly stop the tank (and I was trying on hardwood, don't even bother with carpet).

Also, the Gold Lancer. How do I get it? The LE packaging says a code is included, but I only have a card for the 5 extra maps inside the case. Was it supposed to be handed out with the game, or inside the packaging?

The Gold Lancer code is on the same card as the flashback map pack card.
I can also confirm that I successfully downloaded it today after failing 20 times last night.

Recoil

kbear said:
The lighting is much improved. This particular early section in the game is you walking in a big tunnel or something with no light at all. They actually make a joke about "why don't we have flashlights?"... but anyway, it's like the whole point of this area was to show off the awesome lighting. You'll know when you get to it. It looks even better in motion. The character models, shadows, lighting, all are much improved.

Just wait 'till you get to the next chapter. :D

Btw, here's the preorder bonus from Futureshop in Canada, when I picked my copy up last night:

2me1nw0.jpg

:D

Seth C said:
I'd like it and the Gold Hammerburst, if anyone has extras.

I second that if anyone else has a spare hammerburst PM please. I do have a fable 2 pub game code or a too human preorder armor code to trade.

The Nature Roy said:

spermatic cord
Metalic Sand
Voltron64
Nozdeuce
jdub03
polyh3dron
kiUNiT
ergo
Shadowlink123
Linkhero1
p3tran
Acidote
MThanded
Xamdou
Captain Jebus
Firehead
Shadow780
seat
Stantron
t4ng0
Matrix
tiong_fi
The Nature Roy
izakq
Seth C
PIMPBYBLUD

i added my name as well

Hootie

The Nature Roy said:

spermatic cord
Metalic Sand
Voltron64
Nozdeuce
jdub03
polyh3dron
kiUNiT
ergo
Shadowlink123
Linkhero1
p3tran
Acidote
MThanded
Xamdou
Captain Jebus
Firehead
Shadow780
seat
Stantron
t4ng0
Matrix
tiong_fi
The Nature Roy
izakq
Seth C
PIMPBYBLUD
Hootie

It's a longshot, but I added my name to the list...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This game is pretty and awesome. Working my way through the
caves. Just seen the part where you find out the thing sinks entire cities.
Epic shit.

Oh man, RRoD has fully taken hold of my 360, just as I was about to start Gears 2. It's currently wrapped in towels, if this doesn't work I might just buy a new one tomrrow.

Skilotonn said:
Guess what guys - I went further ahead in Campaign, and got wowed even more.

Really can't believe some of the places I'm in right now...

I'm telling ya, Epic made their mark in the graphics department...

I enjoy reading your impressions. Gives me something to look farward to as the training, hospital and next level really have not wowed me. I look forward to some surprises.

Yeah! This senior engineer from my job is on his way to pick up a copy for him and myself while I'm stuck here at work. Dude is in his mid to late 50s and loves Gears of War. How cool is that?

Spruchy

Sorry this is late but good games costanza, tek, and silver...I left because it said host disconnected and since Costanza didnt have a mic I thought it was his way of calling it.

I'll be on again in a bit if anyone wants to play just need to check out some demos and finish a paper.

Spruchy86 = gt

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CitizenCope said:
I enjoy reading your impressions. Gives me something to look farward to as the training, hospital and next level really have not wowed me. I look forward to some surprises.

Thanks man :)

And trust me, what you've seen is tame compared to the wild shit you'll be in store for - you can take my word for it! :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
fuck I'm at work right now and my unopened game is staring me in the face. everyone is worried about layoffs and all I want to do is play Gears 2.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Quick question French-GAF should be able to answer. Does the Gears 2 version you can buy here in France contain English? I'm asking on behalf of a buddy here who doesn't really speak French, I got the UK import version myself, and as you may know some games released here are only in French while some aren't. :lol

Top Bottom